Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2020, 18:10   #1

Cartagena de las Indias, Colombia

Planning on going down from Puerto Rico to Cartagena in the next couple of weeks. Any advice on marinas or places to check out are welcome. They told me the marina Todomar had all the perks of a full on marina. Thanks.
downwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 17:45   #2

Boat: Frienship 40
Re: Cartagena de las Indias, Colombia

You will see several options on marinas once you get to the bay. There are many slips available now. Yes, Todomar is a Good option.
Navarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 18:15   #3

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
Planning on going down from Puerto Rico to Cartagena in the next couple of weeks. Any advice on marinas or places to check out are welcome. They told me the marina Todomar had all the perks of a full on marina. Thanks.
It is hard to say what the situation is in Cartagena at the moment but 2020 google earth images show open berths at Club Nautico and Club de Pesca. Todomar has fewer slips and it's hard to see any open berths. There are other marinas and likely you can find a berth.

We think anchoring off of Club Nautico and exploring by dingy could be the best way, we found that the marinas there rarely respond to VHF.

We got a berth at Club Nautico and stayed for several months, and loved the place. It was reasonably priced then (2014) but we've heard the rates went up after completion of the new facilities. Club Nautico has a unique mooring system and it gets sporty at times. An air conditioner is good to have in Cartagena. Marine growth is astonishing there. The old town is fantastic. Restaurants and shopping are excellent.

Club de Pesca is a more refined marina but it was outrageously expensive.

Make sure you are well anchored if you do anchor out, the holding is poor and the night time squalls are fierce.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6030-Wings in Club Nautico-Cartagena.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	227830   Click image for larger version

Name:	7287-Girl Face with Green Back Ground.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	227831  

Old 28-11-2020, 19:46   #4

Boat: Heritage West Indies 36

Haven't been since 2016 but Club Nautico was fine for us, anchored out but I'm sure there will be berths available.
DefinitelyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 23:13   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
hey R you there in cartagena ,i live in canada and looking for cat in cartagena.I am turkish us is not giving transit visas.i was wondering if you could check the boat forme. I can compansiate your time i am looking for some body to help me decide.cheers
svmacera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 23:23   #6

hey r you there in catagena.I need some body to take look at catamaran i would like to buy.Ilive in canada and cant come .I would like some body to act on my behalf while the survey and sea trial going on also give me idea about condution of the boat.
svmacera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cartagena, Colombia, India