Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2014, 06:58   #16

Boat: Ericson 34
Re: Canadian buying in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters Wet View Post
Well apparently the point is moot, I've offered on a local boat and the owners agreed, a Catalina 30 tall rig , 1978. It seems prices are quite flexible when owners want to avoid end of season haul out and storage. She has tiller steering, the traveler is mounted above the cabin roof, extended bowsprit with double rollers, furling jib, the aft stay has been split into a bridle to allow for transom boarding, I'm feeling pretty excited about the whole thing. The only neg to me was the yanmar 12 HP single cyl diesel, it does seems underpowered, I like that I can stand upright at 6"3 in the.
cabin, Sellers were very motivated and included all kinds of sundry items from flare gun ans shells to life saving gear, PPD, chart plotter auto helm, yadda yadda. Now need to scare up some stands or a cradle for when its haul out time here in the great white north. Fun times abound !

Sent from my Arc using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
How about some pictures ?
ALAIN97133 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying