Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 14:25   #16

Boat: 1989 C&C 37R
Re: C&C 37R

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCIVILIZED View Post
I'm excited for you guys, & am curious as to what keel configuration (& other aspects) she has? Also, where do you plan to sail her?

Hey, we have 8'2" draft. She is currently in Barrington, RI and for now we will be keeping her there and sailing in that area. Anything you would like to know just give us a shout!

James and Tammy
svoceanphoenix.com
Ocean Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 14:27   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobopacket View Post
How 8’ draft! I rarely Boat in water that is more than 8 foot. Of course my swing keel works for south Florida. .
Yup...but we really feel in love with her so....deep water sailing for us, and we can anchor out some and dingy in.
Old 09-12-2017, 14:29   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeofreilly57 View Post
Had a C&C 38 with a customs keel, 7.5' draft, based out of Narragansett bay, I sailed the snot out of that boat up and down New England and NY area in all conditions and loved it, it's long gone now but I still miss that boat. C&C tended to make well rounded, good performing boats that still handled challenging conditions well and comfortably. Mine had an inner forestay added, to fly a storm jib, which added much flexibility to the trim options, it's something you might consider, it helped bring the center of balance inward in big wind, it was removable, so it didn't interfere with tacking the large (155%) head sail in normal conditions.
Perfect boat for the area your in, good upwind performance, good seakeeping traits(for a racer cruiser) and a level of comfort and stability most racer cruisers don't offer. Oh, and by the way, I was able to outpoint most J's, which gave me no endless joy. One thing though, due to the inner mounted genoa tracks offwind headsail trim could be inefficient, so I used to carry extra genoa lines with snap shackles and s hooks on the ends, on broad reaching days I clipped them to the toe rail to bring the trim of the headsail out from the center of the boat which made for much better broad reaching sheeting angles. It's worth noting.
Thank you for your thoughts and feedback, we are really new to this and I may want to reach our to ask some questions in the future.

Cheers
James and Tammy
Old 09-12-2017, 14:42   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
I always think it's nice if posters note their home port in their profile, It also helps with more relevant responses on many issues.
Home port is Barrington, RI

Cheers