Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2019, 04:17   #1486

Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Nice!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9457...88643291242262

1974 Centurion 32 - Compact Blue water cruiser – Holman & Pye Design Fully equipped to a blue water standard Bloodshot has proven herself in crossing the Atlantic Ocean in 2005 and more recently crossing the’ wrong way’ upwind across the Caribbean Sea.

Boat is out cruising the Caribbean now so ready for new owners to just jump on and go. (Currently working east from Jamaica to Virgin Islands).

Great boat priced for quick uncomplicated sale – serious enquiries only please
After 7 years cruising from the Baltic sea, throughout Europe across the Atlantic ocean sailing her Central America and working on boats in the Pacific I have decided to have one last cruising season in the Caribbean before heading back to life on land. I would be happy to deliver her anywhere in the Caribbean or East Coast USA for the right owner to allow her adventures live on. (Currently working east from Jamaica to Virgin Islands).

Bloodshot is a classic cruiser racer that has been lovingly restored and maintained by her current owner. Serious inquiries only please

In preparation for the 2019 cruising season the following works were recently completed.
New Working Jib (furling)
New Anchor chain & 15KG Rochna Anchor
Complete overhaul and replacement of bearings and seals for Pro Furl roller Furler.
New 85AH start Battery
New 220AH house batteries bank
Addition of 2x55watt solar panels & charger
New Force 10 Stove ($1500)
New Propane tanks
Complete Anti Foul treatment
Overhaul of propeller shaft seal & Cutlass bearing inspection.
Summary of major upgrades over previous 5 years
Complete standing rigging replaced March 2014
New Raymarine Navigation system comprising 9”Chart Plotter, Radar, AIS, and Autopilot.
Trough hull valves replaced
Topsides painted with Intelux Perfection
Hull sanded back to epoxy protection coat, primed and Antifouled
Electrical system and switchboard replaced to utilize breakers instead of fuses.
New automatic bilge pump
New flexible water tank (120L)
New ACR GPS Epirb

Specification
EngineVolvo MD2020 Installed 2004 very reliable and many spares on board
Fuel capacity – 50L
Water capacity - 120L
Rutland 916 Wind generator
2x55watt, 1 x 40watt solar panels

Sail Inventory – Roller furling genoa and working jib, 2x Main sails, cruising chute (Geneka), Spinaker with snuffer, storm jib, storm tri sail.

Navic Windvane self-steering system, working very well and spares on board
Misc items included with the sale – Additional water and fuel tanks, comprehensive engine and rigging spares, tools, additional anchors, fishing equipment, PFD’s, distress flares, fire extinguishers and fishing equipment.

Rhys1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:44   #1487

Oday

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9457...99681516805106

1984 39ft Oday, has AC, refrigeration, 3 cabins, Universal diesel. The main and jib are in good condition, the Bimini and dodger are in good condition, the purchase of the vessel includes the rest of winter storage and launch in the spring. A discounted summer slip is also available. She has been out of the water for two seasons and needs a good cleaning before relaunch. She is priced to sell and a great opportunity to have a large boat for a great deal. She was used every summer, and cruised the Chesapeake up until she was stored. Call with any questions Kyle 215-768-1267

Old 07-02-2019, 07:13   #1488
SuW

Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
Sorry, but I don’t have time to post a full profile of this boat.

I think this boat may appeal to someone looking for a coastal cruiser for a couple. The photos show a nice interior.

Endeavour 32

Location = USA Wisconsin

Shallow Draft = 4’ 2”

Yanmar 3 Cylinder Diesel

Asking Price = $11,000

Link to ad:
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...tent=PBS-1Text
Now that is a nice boat! $11K seems about $10K too low, even for the Great Lakes.
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 18:16   #1489

Anyone near this yacht in Longbeach Cal?
1981 Endeavour 37 $29,500
https://www.popyachts.com/sloop-sail...59765?c=940515
This boat is the Plan-A version. A very spacious layout, which has the dinette forward, Galley and Head amidship, and the Navigation station in front of the starboard double berth.

The Aft cabin to port is private, which makes her very popular with families.

This particular Endeavour recently came back from a two-year voyage to Mexico, and it's outfitted accordingly for world travel.

For those looking to live aboard, she comes equipped with air condition and heat. Solar power has been installed to keep your power needs taken care of, no matter your destination.

Her electronics package includes Auto Pilot, Radar, GPS / Chartplotter, SSB Radio (Automatic antenna tuner), VHF Radio, Satellite Tracker with Email, Ham SSB, AIS Transceiver, Solar panels and a solar controller that will power everything but the A/C unit.

Yes... This Endeavour has an Air Conditioner. Invaluable for those southern summers.

The Sail inventory consists of the Main Sail and 2 jibs, including a storm jib.

One last cool feature of this Endeavour is the full cockpit enclosure with eisenglass. This makes the boat very comfortable in inclement weather. Information On Condition

This Endeavour appears in good condition. During the seller's trip to Mexico, the engine had an issue and was replaced with a used rebuilt Perkins 4-108. In 2016 the fresh water tank was replaced and the fuel tank was pulled and inspected. Per the seller, the bottom will need paint, as it was last done in 2013. A new prop was installed in summer 2018. All rigging was inspected in 2015.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:48   #1490
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Lancer 45 MS

Year 1984
Location = Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota USA

Asking Price = $15,900 (bank repo)

Steadman's Notes:
1. This may be a project boat. As with any large boat with such a low price, Caveat Emptor. But from the photos shown, it does not appear in worse condition than many other boats that are priced higher.

2. The ad says a recent survey is available. Get a survey.

3. This could be a good boat for a Great Loop, the mast is already down. (that was a big of low(ered) humor.

Ad Link
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...tent=PBS-1View
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancer 45 MS Dock.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	185677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancer 45 MS 1984 $15K stern.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	185678  

Name:	Lancer 45 MS 1984 $15K saloon.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	185679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancer 45 MS 1984 $15K engine.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	185680  

Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:54   #1491
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Wow middle of winter in Minnesota, walk in with a cashiers check for $9K bet you get it.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 13:00   #1492
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Current Asking Price is just $18,500!

The recent upgrades and gear on this boat makes it attractive, the price more so, and the red paint job is "icing on the cake."

Such a nice looking boat! Good photos of her under sail too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys1968 View Post
Nice!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9457...88643291242262

1974 Centurion 32 - Compact Blue water cruiser – Holman & Pye Design Fully equipped to a blue water standard Bloodshot has proven herself in crossing the Atlantic Ocean in 2005 and more recently crossing the’ wrong way’ upwind across the Caribbean Sea.

Boat is out cruising the Caribbean now so ready for new owners to just jump on and go. (Currently working east from Jamaica to Virgin Islands).

Great boat priced for quick uncomplicated sale – serious enquiries only please
After 7 years cruising from the Baltic sea, throughout Europe across the Atlantic ocean sailing her Central America and working on boats in the Pacific I have decided to have one last cruising season in the Caribbean before heading back to life on land. I would be happy to deliver her anywhere in the Caribbean or East Coast USA for the right owner to allow her adventures live on. (Currently working east from Jamaica to Virgin Islands).

Bloodshot is a classic cruiser racer that has been lovingly restored and maintained by her current owner. Serious inquiries only please

In preparation for the 2019 cruising season the following works were recently completed.
New Working Jib (furling)
New Anchor chain & 15KG Rochna Anchor
Complete overhaul and replacement of bearings and seals for Pro Furl roller Furler.
New 85AH start Battery
New 220AH house batteries bank
Addition of 2x55watt solar panels & charger
New Force 10 Stove ($1500)
New Propane tanks
Complete Anti Foul treatment
Overhaul of propeller shaft seal & Cutlass bearing inspection.
Summary of major upgrades over previous 5 years
Complete standing rigging replaced March 2014
New Raymarine Navigation system comprising 9”Chart Plotter, Radar, AIS, and Autopilot.
Trough hull valves replaced
Topsides painted with Intelux Perfection
Hull sanded back to epoxy protection coat, primed and Antifouled
Electrical system and switchboard replaced to utilize breakers instead of fuses.
New automatic bilge pump
New flexible water tank (120L)
New ACR GPS Epirb

Specification
Engine – Volvo MD2020 Installed 2004 very reliable and many spares on board
Fuel capacity – 50L
Water capacity - 120L
Rutland 916 Wind generator
2x55watt, 1 x 40watt solar panels

Sail Inventory – Roller furling genoa and working jib, 2x Main sails, cruising chute (Geneka), Spinaker with snuffer, storm jib, storm tri sail.

Navic Windvane self-steering system, working very well and spares on board
Misc items included with the sale – Additional water and fuel tanks, comprehensive engine and rigging spares, tools, additional anchors, fishing equipment, PFD’s, distress flares, fire extinguishers and fishing equipment.

Old 11-02-2019, 13:09   #1493
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
Port Isabel is surrounded by salty water. Under power it’s possible to be in the gulf in under an hour.
Yer Right!

Here is a photo of Port Isabel.

Plenty of salt water nearby.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1920px-20150715_Port_Isabel_Aerial_Photo_IMG_6462_by_sebaso.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	185695  
Old 11-02-2019, 13:11   #1494
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
I love this boat! If I was looking for a serious blue water vessel this would be at the top of my list. Hard to believe boats of this quality can be had this cheap. And she's beautiful!
Nice looking boat of this design.

Looks like it has been cared for too.
Old 11-02-2019, 13:23   #1495
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSMFP View Post
This Out Island looks like alot of boat for the money:

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/70209
That looks nice. Good find.

Morgan Out Island 41

Year 1979

Asking Price = $29,000

Location = Port Isabel, Texas (Gulf Coast of Texas, near Brownsville at the very southern tip of Texas).

Text from Ad:
Repowered with a new Yanmar (250 hours), new standing rigging, new top paint, newer wiring, lovingly cared for! Super clean, newer fabric, huge master cabin, two heads. Sleeps 7 easily. Center cockpit If you are looking for a Morgan Out Island that is ready to go look no further!

Equipment: Fully equipped and ready for adventure. 150% roller furled genoa in good condition, like-new spinnaker, solid mizzen, needs new main. Dinghy, multiple anchors and all the other cruising gear you might need are already aboard.

Steadman's Notes:

1. This is the cleanest looking Morgan OI I have seen advertised. Most I have seen of this age and price point do not look as nice inside.

2. Low hours engine and some "newer" things that are important.

As with any large boat, Caveat Emptor.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K stern.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	185698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K galley2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	185699  

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K saloon.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	185700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K Saloon St.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	185701  

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K Vberth.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	185702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K saloon S.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	185703  

Name:	Morgan OI 41 1979 $29K engine.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	185704  
Old 13-02-2019, 03:49   #1496

Hey I would be really interested in everyone's thoughts on this yacht (pretty interested in Cat type boats)

From the ad

Hunter Vision 32

Description: A HOYA is one of Hunter's "Vision" line with free-standing mast and sleek lines. She's a very comfortable cruiser and lives large with her forward and aft cabins.

The un-stayed rig results in an uncluttered deck and all lines run though deck organizers and clutches to the cockpit for easy single-handle sailing. Her 24hp Yanmar diesel engine offers ample auxiliary power when needed.
A HOYA has a couple areas needing attention (e.g. starboard port light and salon cushions), but with a little effort, at her asking price, could be fantastic.
Rhys68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 04:06   #1497

Hey I would be really interested in everyone's thoughts on this yacht (pretty interested in Cat type boats)

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/77226

From the ad

Hunter Vision 32

Description: A HOYA is one of Hunter's "Vision" line with free-standing mast and sleek lines. She's a very comfortable cruiser and lives large with her forward and aft cabins.

The un-stayed rig results in an uncluttered deck and all lines run though deck organizers and clutches to the cockpit for easy single-handle sailing. Her 24hp Yanmar diesel engine offers ample auxiliary power when needed.

A HOYA has a couple areas needing attention (e.g. starboard port light and salon cushions), but with a little effort, at her asking price, could be fantastic.

Cheers
Old 13-02-2019, 08:11   #1498

Boat: 1985 Ericson 32-3

Rhys1968 -

I took a hard look at that particular Hunter 32 and walked away, believing it not worth the time and money even doing the labor myself. In addition to needing those big custom curved windows replaced, the leaks poured down through the power panel, nav station, and through the bulkhead, delaminating the wall of the shower area. It needs a good deal of wood work and possibly electrical. It will need ALL new cushions. Further, it had enough water collect to sit stern down deep enough to reach mid transmission and the aft cabin boards that the bed rests on. The bilge water was brown and has a slight aroma, which could mean cutting out the shower seat to reach the aluminum toilet holding tank. (Not uncommon in the model) I didn't have time to inspect the mast which is vital because the H32 mast is not replaceable. If you really want to pursue this boat, I have photos and notes so pm me. On the up-side, the foundation was willing to come down on price to move the boat. We never settled on a price because I found & bought something else.

There was another almost identical Hunter 32 in Deltaville VA for not much more. I never made it to personally look, but from the photos it appeared to be in much better shape and has a cabin enclosure. iirc the asking prices were $15k for this and $20k for Deltaville.

Bob / Checkswrecks
Checkswrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 09:01   #1499
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkswrecks View Post
Rhys1968 -

I took a hard look at that particular Hunter 32 and walked away, believing it not worth the time and money even doing the labor myself. In addition to needing those big custom curved windows replaced, the leaks poured down through the power panel, nav station, and through the bulkhead, delaminating the wall of the shower area. It needs a good deal of wood work and possibly electrical. It will need ALL new cushions. Further, it had enough water collect to sit stern down deep enough to reach mid transmission and the aft cabin boards that the bed rests on. The bilge water was brown and has a slight aroma, which could mean cutting out the shower seat to reach the aluminum toilet holding tank. (Not uncommon in the model) I didn't have time to inspect the mast which is vital because the H32 mast is not replaceable. If you really want to pursue this boat, I have photos and notes so pm me. On the up-side, the foundation was willing to come down on price to move the boat. We never settled on a price because I found & bought something else.

There was another almost identical Hunter 32 in Deltaville VA for not much more. I never made it to personally look, but from the photos it appeared to be in much better shape and has a cabin enclosure. iirc the asking prices were $15k for this and $20k for Deltaville.

Bob / Checkswrecks
Good to know!
Thanks for adding your personal observations on that particular boat.

It is contributions like yours (with details described) that can help others avoid pitfalls. Thanks for adding to the thread.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:06   #1500
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

To DON CL and NORMANMARTIN:

Thanks to you (and any others) for the kind words. I am happy to help anyone when I can.

You know my weakness for looking at boats!

Unfortunately I have had some computer (personal website) issues, and research for my multiple personal projects, that have kept me very busy, and so not able to spend as much time on CF as usual.

Missed the CF daily fix (I have been cold turkey for several weeks, now months).

Will try to contribute more boats to this thread when possible, with more coming in the future.

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price