Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 12-05-2018, 14:30   #1156
Marine Service Provider
 
Steadman Uhlich's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,103
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Hi everyone, first post.

I thought this was a great thread for someone like myself and instead of posting a new thread I thought I'd post a couple ads here and hopefully get some feedback on them.

First a bit of backstory:

I'm a complete sailing noob. Although I have a beginner's course that I'm doing tomorrow, so I'm looking to rectify that before I purchase a boat.

My plan is to buy a sailboat as primarily a liveaboard and work fulltime for a few years while slowly doing a re-fit, or whatever upgrades/repairs are necessary so that I'm ready and confident for some weekend warrior / week long trips in my local area. The long term goal, after saving enough money would be to head south, and the dream is to cross the pacific.

That dream is a long ways off though, so I'm not looking for a boat that can handle all that right away, if it can, that's just a bonus. But I'm open to upgrading in the future if need be.

So for now I'm looking for a liveaboard that can handle weekend trips while I learn to sail and slowly upgrade as I go. I'm thinking 27-35' seems to be a good LOA, and as my username entails I want to be able to operate alone. My max budget right now is 40k CAD.

TLDR;

1985 Canadian Sailcraft CS 30 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...579784887.html
Howdy!
Welcome Aboard CF!

Both boats look nice.
Good luck on your drcdion.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 15:18   #1157
Registered User
 
hamburking's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingston Ont Canada
Boat: Looking for my next boat!
Posts: 3,101
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

The CS30 looks very good. Nice boat, well kept. Price seems fair. CS has a good pedigree. I would sail that boat. On reading the full specs in the ad...all the hard work has been done...new through hulls, tons of electronics and gear...this boat is turnkey. If you want to spend 2 years on a refit you'll have to find something else...this one looks pristine to me. You should go see it! FWIW, I had that exact engine, 1985 Volvo Penta 2002. Mine ran perfect. I changed the oil and kept the filter clean. Never gave me a lick of trouble, never needed a mechanic. It just worked. However, I made a point never to push it...cruised around 1800-2000rpm. I know I could have gone a lot faster at 2600-3000rpm, but I'm not that guy. Good on fuel too. Mine was in a Pearson 30.

The C&C34 is a much bigger boat, so would be a better liveaboard. But I believe it has a cored hull. Makes it fast, but you'll need a good hull survey for sure. Its really a racer, not meant for bluewater (please don't start flaming about what makes a boat blue). I like C&C boats, and have owned a few myself. The flat bottoms tend to pound in big waves...can really take a toll on your nerves. But also fast...which is always nice. Good yanmar. There is a C&C34 for sale locally for $5k cdn...bulging keel bolts...so one more thing to look for.

IMHO, you have a very generous budget. You could get a bigger boat, or just spend half, and save the rest for toys (rocna's and chain, dinghy, and other such playthings)
hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 16:59   #1158
Registered User

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 11
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
The CS30 looks very good. Nice boat, well kept. Price seems fair. CS has a good pedigree. I would sail that boat. On reading the full specs in the ad...all the hard work has been done...new through hulls, tons of electronics and gear...this boat is turnkey. If you want to spend 2 years on a refit you'll have to find something else...this one looks pristine to me. You should go see it! FWIW, I had that exact engine, 1985 Volvo Penta 2002. Mine ran perfect. I changed the oil and kept the filter clean. Never gave me a lick of trouble, never needed a mechanic. It just worked. However, I made a point never to push it...cruised around 1800-2000rpm. I know I could have gone a lot faster at 2600-3000rpm, but I'm not that guy. Good on fuel too. Mine was in a Pearson 30.

The C&C34 is a much bigger boat, so would be a better liveaboard. But I believe it has a cored hull. Makes it fast, but you'll need a good hull survey for sure. Its really a racer, not meant for bluewater (please don't start flaming about what makes a boat blue). I like C&C boats, and have owned a few myself. The flat bottoms tend to pound in big waves...can really take a toll on your nerves. But also fast...which is always nice. Good yanmar. There is a C&C34 for sale locally for $5k cdn...bulging keel bolts...so one more thing to look for.

IMHO, you have a very generous budget. You could get a bigger boat, or just spend half, and save the rest for toys (rocna's and chain, dinghy, and other such playthings)
Thanks for the reply. I agree the CS30 looks great and I'm definitely leaning towards it. Glad you touched on the engine. Based on the limited research I've been doing, everyone's been preaching Yanmar or Universal, so I was a bit concerned this had a Volvo, good to hear yours performed well. Should it still be something to worry about though?

I live in a studio apartment right now and was planning on doing the van life before I decided to do a sailboat instead, so the size wont bother me. In fact I was originally thinking 33-35" might be best, but I'm coming around on 30" being more ideal for me. Less costs for moorage/maintenance and easier to handle solo? I'm sure I'll get lots of people wanting to come sailing, which is great, but its really important for me to be able to pick up and go whenever I want to and not rely on anyone.

I also like going fast....
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 17:56   #1159
Registered User
 
hamburking's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingston Ont Canada
Boat: Looking for my next boat!
Posts: 3,101
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Thanks for the reply. I agree the CS30 looks great and I'm definitely leaning towards it. Glad you touched on the engine. Based on the limited research I've been doing, everyone's been preaching Yanmar or Universal, so I was a bit concerned this had a Volvo, good to hear yours performed well. Should it still be something to worry about though?

I live in a studio apartment right now and was planning on doing the van life before I decided to do a sailboat instead, so the size wont bother me. In fact I was originally thinking 33-35" might be best, but I'm coming around on 30" being more ideal for me. Less costs for moorage/maintenance and easier to handle solo? I'm sure I'll get lots of people wanting to come sailing, which is great, but its really important for me to be able to pick up and go whenever I want to and not rely on anyone.

I also like going fast....
People like to badmouth the volvo, but my experience was good. I had no trouble finding maintenance parts...oil and fuel filters, etc. Got them at auto parts stores, much cheaper than at a boat store. The next owner did a big trip out the St Lawrence with the boat, and he had no complaints either.

I found 30 feet was fine. I sailed mostly alone. Came and went from my home dock alone, no problem. Sailed onto and off of anchorages and mooring balls, no problem. Way more storage than I needed for just me. I had an inflatable (avon rover) that I kept rolled up below in the quarter berth, and a yamaha outboard on the stern rail. Origo stove, chartplotter, all my tools, spares, everything in its place...it was heaven on earth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Compromise 001.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	169694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Compromise 005.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	169695  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Compromise 010.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	169696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Compromise 012.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	169697  

hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 18:27   #1160
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 37
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Looks like a price reduction to $26,000 CAD or $20,319 USD on this Westsail 32. I don't think you would find a better equipped boat for this price, assuming there are no hidden problems. I was surprised to find it still for sale...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/sar...ationFlag=true


- new Airhead toilet (never used) with solar vent fan
- brand new Force 10 stove (never used)
- new Beta Marine 38 engine (very low hours) with 135 Amp alternator
- new upholstery
- new Chartplotter (GP-1870F)
- new Blue Sea Systems electrical panel
- new Honda 4HP dinghy engine (very low hours)
- new soft canvas dodger
- brand new foresail/genoa
- brand new roller furling
Lots of headroom below with 12 bronze opening ports as well as a butterfly hatch (and screened cover) with front hatch in v-berth for great ventilation. Also has lots of storage spaces throughout boat.
Interior Port Side:
- Dinette folds down to a double bed.
- The galley is U-shaped with a large icebox and includes a new set of pots and pans which have never been used as well as cutlery and dinnerware. Deep sink with foot pump for fresh water.
- Head with double latching doors and new Airhead toilet, never used, sink with a foot pump. Cupboards above and below counter.
Interior Starboard Side:
- Chartplotting table with dedicated seat.
- Settee that pulls out for a larger bed with pilot berth above
Bow has a large v-berth with overhead hatch and 2 bronze port windows.
Other Features:
- New ceiling liner
- 2 oil lamps
tworail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 18:57   #1161
Registered User

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 11
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
People like to badmouth the volvo, but my experience was good. I had no trouble finding maintenance parts...oil and fuel filters, etc. Got them at auto parts stores, much cheaper than at a boat store. The next owner did a big trip out the St Lawrence with the boat, and he had no complaints either.

I found 30 feet was fine. I sailed mostly alone. Came and went from my home dock alone, no problem. Sailed onto and off of anchorages and mooring balls, no problem. Way more storage than I needed for just me. I had an inflatable (avon rover) that I kept rolled up below in the quarter berth, and a yamaha outboard on the stern rail. Origo stove, chartplotter, all my tools, spares, everything in its place...it was heaven on earth.
Thanks for the reassuring words, I'll have to go check this out.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 19:22   #1162
Marine Service Provider
 
mitiempo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria B.C.
Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32
Posts: 2,875
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Thanks for the reply. I agree the CS30 looks great and I'm definitely leaning towards it. Glad you touched on the engine. Based on the limited research I've been doing, everyone's been preaching Yanmar or Universal, so I was a bit concerned this had a Volvo, good to hear yours performed well. Should it still be something to worry about though?

I live in a studio apartment right now and was planning on doing the van life before I decided to do a sailboat instead, so the size wont bother me. In fact I was originally thinking 33-35" might be best, but I'm coming around on 30" being more ideal for me. Less costs for moorage/maintenance and easier to handle solo? I'm sure I'll get lots of people wanting to come sailing, which is great, but its really important for me to be able to pick up and go whenever I want to and not rely on anyone.

I also like going fast....
The CS would be my choice. I'm biased of course but CS was one of the best built boats made in Canada in their day. Better than a C&C. The CS30 is well priced too.

I have a friend who has lived on his CS30 for years with a large black lab and he doesn't lack for space.

As far as engines I have had Yanmar, Faryman, and Volvo over the years. All were good engines. Upkeep is more of an issue and the CS30 in Nanaimo looks to have been maintained very well judging from the Yachtworld ad.
mitiempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 08:41   #1163
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

That CS 30 is a beautiful boat!
Andrewf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 13:41   #1164
Registered User

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 11
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
The CS would be my choice. I'm biased of course but CS was one of the best built boats made in Canada in their day. Better than a C&C. The CS30 is well priced too.

I have a friend who has lived on his CS30 for years with a large black lab and he doesn't lack for space.

As far as engines I have had Yanmar, Faryman, and Volvo over the years. All were good engines. Upkeep is more of an issue and the CS30 in Nanaimo looks to have been maintained very well judging from the Yachtworld ad.
Upkeep on the Volvo engine, or just the boat in general? What in particular makes for more upkeep? Good to hear another not having issues with the Volvo. Ya I'm not too concerned about lack of space, should be plenty for me, and I like the layout.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 17:38   #1165
Marine Service Provider
 
mitiempo's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria B.C.
Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 32
Posts: 2,875
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Upkeep on the Volvo engine, or just the boat in general? What in particular makes for more upkeep?
The way the boat is shown to be maintained and upgraded I doubt they have ignored oil changes, etc of the engine.

What makes for more upkeep? Ignoring it for a few years.
mitiempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 04:55   #1166
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ontario
Boat: MacGregor 26S
Posts: 87
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

this one looks nice:

listed on FB 'Sale by Owner Only' group for $19,995
kazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 16:42   #1167
Registered User
 
hamburking's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingston Ont Canada
Boat: Looking for my next boat!
Posts: 3,101
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Pearson 35, $15k, looks fantastic, already in the Bahamas. This looks like what I hope to get one day. And the price is good too considering the condition and long list of equipment already installed.

Things I love about this boat: Shallow draft (LESS than 4 feet!!!), big solid boat, Pilot berth layout, equipped for cruising right now-no refit, and finally...its already in the Bahamas...just write a cheque and let the adventures begin!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9457...action_generic

From the ad/post:

The S/V Mary T is a rock solid classic boat that’s ready to be used as either a weekend cruiser or a full time liveaboard. She’s currently in Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas, but her home port is Deale, MD. She’s made the crossing from the Chesapeake to the Abacos many times and is ready to do it many more. We purchased her only a few short months ago, with the intention of living in the Abacos for a couple of years, but circumstances have changed and I don’t think we’ll be able to sail her back home to Colorado.

She drafts 3’11” with her centerboard up making her perfect for shallow water cruising in either the Chesapeake or the Bahamas. Her chartplotter is a brand new Garmin 942 (installed last month) connected to a Standard Horizon AIS VHF receiver, and is sending waypoint data to her Raymarine wheel autopilot.

She comes with a behind the mast mainsail furling system, and 3 different headsails (90, 135, and 150) for the Harken furler up front. When the wind isn’t blowing, she’s powered by a Westerbeke 30B3 diesel with a tank relocated to the aft lazarette. She carries 50 gallons of diesel, and 130 gallons of fresh water. Power is provided by two 100W solar panels connected to four house batteries and 1 starting battery.

Also included:
Two 100 watt rigid solar panels mounted on cockpit rails
12v refrigeration conversion in icebox.
Separate shower bilge pump
Freshwater wash in cockpit
Saltwater wash on deck
All LED interior lighting.
Image stabilized binoculars
Handheld VHF radio
PVC dingy with 6 hp Mercury outboard
Vintage (but works!) gimbaled 2 burner propane stove with oven
Mastmate mast climbing ladder
SpeedSeal pump cover for easy tool-free impeller changes
35 # Rochna anchor with 100 feet of chain
25# Danforth anchor
Lofrans manual windlass
Espar diesel heater
Brand new Sony Bluetooth stereo with new cockpit speakers
All kitchen and dining utensils, towels and sheets
Enough tools to do just about every type of on-board maintenance
Lots of engine spares.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32927177_10156097401730552_8757533943990845440_o.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	170217   Click image for larger version

Name:	32779327_10156097402570552_6037125452823265280_o.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	170218  

Click image for larger version

Name:	32750580_10156097402770552_1390313795984818176_o.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	170219   Click image for larger version

Name:	32690297_10156097403000552_8647616891843510272_n.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	170220  

Click image for larger version

Name:	32687930_10156097402420552_3623734207659900928_o.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	170221  
hamburking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 18:43   #1168
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Boat: Columbia 29 MK1 Hull #28
Posts: 981
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
Pearson 35, $15k, looks fantastic, already in the Bahamas. This looks like what I hope to get one day. And the price is good too considering the condition and long list of equipment already installed.

Things I love about this boat: Shallow draft (LESS than 4 feet!!!), big solid boat, Pilot berth layout, equipped for cruising right now-no refit, and finally...its already in the Bahamas...just write a cheque and let the adventures begin!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9457...action_generic

From the ad/post:

The S/V Mary T is a rock solid classic boat that’s ready to be used as either a weekend cruiser or a full time liveaboard. She’s currently in Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas, but her home port is Deale, MD. She’s made the crossing from the Chesapeake to the Abacos many times and is ready to do it many more. We purchased her only a few short months ago, with the intention of living in the Abacos for a couple of years, but circumstances have changed and I don’t think we’ll be able to sail her back home to Colorado.

She drafts 3’11” with her centerboard up making her perfect for shallow water cruising in either the Chesapeake or the Bahamas. Her chartplotter is a brand new Garmin 942 (installed last month) connected to a Standard Horizon AIS VHF receiver, and is sending waypoint data to her Raymarine wheel autopilot.

She comes with a behind the mast mainsail furling system, and 3 different headsails (90, 135, and 150) for the Harken furler up front. When the wind isn’t blowing, she’s powered by a Westerbeke 30B3 diesel with a tank relocated to the aft lazarette. She carries 50 gallons of diesel, and 130 gallons of fresh water. Power is provided by two 100W solar panels connected to four house batteries and 1 starting battery.

Also included:
Two 100 watt rigid solar panels mounted on cockpit rails
12v refrigeration conversion in icebox.
Separate shower bilge pump
Freshwater wash in cockpit
Saltwater wash on deck
All LED interior lighting.
Image stabilized binoculars
Handheld VHF radio
PVC dingy with 6 hp Mercury outboard
Vintage (but works!) gimbaled 2 burner propane stove with oven
Mastmate mast climbing ladder
SpeedSeal pump cover for easy tool-free impeller changes
35 # Rochna anchor with 100 feet of chain
25# Danforth anchor
Lofrans manual windlass
Espar diesel heater
Brand new Sony Bluetooth stereo with new cockpit speakers
All kitchen and dining utensils, towels and sheets
Enough tools to do just about every type of on-board maintenance
Lots of engine spares.
Beautiful boat, not really a great layout for me with kids but what a nice looking boat. I have no doubt that it will sell soon
406Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 11:51   #1169
Registered User

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 417
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Rhodes Swiftsure: 1962 33' CCA Centerboard Sailboat - $5800(Baltimore)

















condition: good
length overall (LOA): 33
make / manufacturer: de vries lentch
model name / number: Swiftsure
propulsion type: sail
year manufactured: 1962


QR Code Link to This Post


Updated and priced to sell. Boat is in a slip at Harborview Marina in Baltimore.

Classic "plastic fantastic" fiberglass sailboat. Single-skin, solid fiberglass to cut down maintenance, just enough wood to look pretty.

We've had a wonderful time cruising Clio all through the Bay, tucking into shallow estuaries and day-sailing the inner harbor of Baltimore. A perfect boat for long weekends on the Chesapeake or day-sailing with pals (we've had 8 aboard comfortably). We're stepping up to a bigger boat to live on, and we want Clio to go to a good home.

Specs:
Length (overall): 33'
Beam: 10'
Draft: 3'-6" board up, 6'-7" board down
Displacement: 11,500 lbs
Sail Area: 500 sq.ft (main and jib)
Berths: 5
Auxiliary Power: Atomic 4, Freshwater cooled
Builder: De Vries Lentch of Amsterdam
Full specs here: SWIFTSURE 33 (RHODES) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

Above decks:
Long, comfortable cockpit (room to lay down), tiller steering with controls aft and halyards at the mast. Wide side decks, large foredeck, bronze hardware throughout. Running rigging in good shape, standing rigging excellent. Dinghy chocks on foredeck. Mains'l and jib in good condition, asymmetric cruising spinnaker virtually new. Running lights function.

Below decks:
- Full width galley with 2-burner Origo stove (alcohol) to port, ice box to starboard. Tremendous storage for cookware and dry goods. Brand new countertops and SS sink with manual foot pump. Engine access below companionway ladder.
- Settees and pipe berths to port and starboard. Both settees pull out to ~28" wide berths. Standing headroom under the raised house.
- Head compartment forward and to port of main salon. Plumbed for a marine toilet, but we just used a porta-potti (not included)
- Large hanging locker to starboard, opposite head
- V-berth with drawers under forward
- 2x opening ports, 1x opening hatch

Recent work:
- Rebuilt mast track
- Engine: rebuilt carb, FW cooling system, entire exhaust system. Runs beautifully
- Galley: new sink and freshwater system (tank new as of summer 2017), new counters, new icebox insulation
- Salon: fiberglass re-sealed and re-painted
- Electrical: 65w solar panel, new optima battery (summer 2017), USB & 12vDC charger. 110vAC shorepower w/ battery charger
- New companionway hatch slider
- Bottom cleaned summer 2017

Future improvements:
- Exterior brightwork
- Paint in head compartment and forecabin
- Exterior paint (deck and cockpit)

Negotiable with sale:
- 8'-6" aluminum Grumman dinghy (also designed by Phil Rhodes!) with rudder, daggerboard, and new sail.
- Slip paid through July 21st at Harborview Marina in Baltimore (with a haul-out and bottom cleaning included)
- New-in-box Isotherm fridge conversion kit for the icebox (~$950 new)

Excluded from sale:
- Owners' personal effects and tools

Note: Some sailing photos taken before interior was refinished. All other photos taken at the beginning of May, 2018.

Please contact us by text or email with any questions, or to schedule a viewing of the boat.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa...582890629.html
Drew13440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 17:05   #1170
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2018
Boat: Columbia 29 MK1 Hull #28
Posts: 981
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew13440 View Post
Rhodes Swiftsure: 1962 33' CCA Centerboard Sailboat - $5800(Baltimore)

















condition: good
length overall (LOA): 33
make / manufacturer: de vries lentch
model name / number: Swiftsure
propulsion type: sail
year manufactured: 1962


QR Code Link to This Post


Updated and priced to sell. Boat is in a slip at Harborview Marina in Baltimore.

Classic "plastic fantastic" fiberglass sailboat. Single-skin, solid fiberglass to cut down maintenance, just enough wood to look pretty.

We've had a wonderful time cruising Clio all through the Bay, tucking into shallow estuaries and day-sailing the inner harbor of Baltimore. A perfect boat for long weekends on the Chesapeake or day-sailing with pals (we've had 8 aboard comfortably). We're stepping up to a bigger boat to live on, and we want Clio to go to a good home.

Specs:
Length (overall): 33'
Beam: 10'
Draft: 3'-6" board up, 6'-7" board down
Displacement: 11,500 lbs
Sail Area: 500 sq.ft (main and jib)
Berths: 5
Auxiliary Power: Atomic 4, Freshwater cooled
Builder: De Vries Lentch of Amsterdam
Full specs here: SWIFTSURE 33 (RHODES) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

Above decks:
Long, comfortable cockpit (room to lay down), tiller steering with controls aft and halyards at the mast. Wide side decks, large foredeck, bronze hardware throughout. Running rigging in good shape, standing rigging excellent. Dinghy chocks on foredeck. Mains'l and jib in good condition, asymmetric cruising spinnaker virtually new. Running lights function.

Below decks:
- Full width galley with 2-burner Origo stove (alcohol) to port, ice box to starboard. Tremendous storage for cookware and dry goods. Brand new countertops and SS sink with manual foot pump. Engine access below companionway ladder.
- Settees and pipe berths to port and starboard. Both settees pull out to ~28" wide berths. Standing headroom under the raised house.
- Head compartment forward and to port of main salon. Plumbed for a marine toilet, but we just used a porta-potti (not included)
- Large hanging locker to starboard, opposite head
- V-berth with drawers under forward
- 2x opening ports, 1x opening hatch

Recent work:
- Rebuilt mast track
- Engine: rebuilt carb, FW cooling system, entire exhaust system. Runs beautifully
- Galley: new sink and freshwater system (tank new as of summer 2017), new counters, new icebox insulation
- Salon: fiberglass re-sealed and re-painted
- Electrical: 65w solar panel, new optima battery (summer 2017), USB & 12vDC charger. 110vAC shorepower w/ battery charger
- New companionway hatch slider
- Bottom cleaned summer 2017

Future improvements:
- Exterior brightwork
- Paint in head compartment and forecabin
- Exterior paint (deck and cockpit)

Negotiable with sale:
- 8'-6" aluminum Grumman dinghy (also designed by Phil Rhodes!) with rudder, daggerboard, and new sail.
- Slip paid through July 21st at Harborview Marina in Baltimore (with a haul-out and bottom cleaning included)
- New-in-box Isotherm fridge conversion kit for the icebox (~$950 new)

Excluded from sale:
- Owners' personal effects and tools

Note: Some sailing photos taken before interior was refinished. All other photos taken at the beginning of May, 2018.

Please contact us by text or email with any questions, or to schedule a viewing of the boat.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa...582890629.html
Lovely boat!
406Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:07.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.