Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 17-04-2023, 17:53   #4246
Senior Cruiser
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 30,790
Images: 2
pirate Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
Yep, but the delivery charges? Oh my goodness...!

UK-built boats are uncommon over here, and they often sell for $=£.
I posted it for price comparison to the Nic 31 in the US posted earlier.. £ currently buys $1.23 so the 1979 UK boat would cost you around $34000.
__________________

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 18:15   #4247
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,237
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
I posted it for price comparison to the Nic 31 in the US posted earlier.. £ currently buys $1.23 so the 1979 UK boat would cost you around $34000.
lol...Are you proposing yacht arbitrage?
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 18:44   #4248
Senior Cruiser
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 30,790
Images: 2
pirate Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
lol...Are you proposing yacht arbitrage?
No.. Just letting the guy (and others who may be interested) who posted the Nic know it's a very fair price for a great sailboat of that vintage.
You guys are a bit vague on Brit boats..
Its called answering a question.
__________________

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 09:48   #4249
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,237
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

1970 Columbia 36 in Montreal for $9800 Canadian (~$7K US!) price reduced.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voilier/vill...-36/1658143552

The ad has an English version at the bottom.

I may have posted this before. It surely won't stay unsold for long!

(Edit: they have halved the price since the first week of April).
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 09:58   #4250
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,237
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

1980 Niagara 35 somewhere in British Columbia for $35K Canadian (~$25.5K US).

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/st-...-35/1658154820

Only two pictures, few details, but these are nice boats for cruising.

As usual if it's been seriously neglected, or the engine/sails are worn out, this may go for much less.
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 10:41   #4251
Registered User
 
shrspeedblade's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bay Area, CA
Boat: Nor'West 33
Posts: 107
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Golden Gate 30 for $12.9k in Antioch/SFBay Area on Craigslist. Little brother to my boat, but no association with seller.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...614749795.html
__________________
1970 Columbia 28 (sold); 1978 Nor’West 33 "Prancing Cloud"
shrspeedblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 11:43   #4252
Senior Cruiser
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 30,790
Images: 2
pirate Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrspeedblade View Post
Golden Gate 30 for $12.9k in Antioch/SFBay Area on Craigslist. Little brother to my boat, but no association with seller.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...614749795.html
Built in 1987, 2 years earlier than Sailboat Data states.. 1989.
__________________

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds..
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 12:32   #4253
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Island of Montreal
Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago
Posts: 432
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
1970 Columbia 36 in Montreal for $9800 Canadian (~$7K US!) price reduced.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-voilier/vill...-36/1658143552

The ad has an English version at the bottom.

I may have posted this before. It surely won't stay unsold for long!

(Edit: they have halved the price since the first week of April).
They will probably have to half it again. The only way to sell a boat in Montreal is with real estate; No place at a marina or club, no sale.

Launch deadlines are fast approaching (May 19th at my club), the "Fields of Broken Dreams" are full.

In any case, insurance companies will not insure a boat of that age and marinas will not touch them without a valid policy.
5BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 12:38   #4254
Senior Cruiser
 
newhaul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: puget sound washington
Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Posts: 12,234
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5BTM View Post
They will probably have to half it again. The only way to sell a boat in Montreal is with real estate; No place at a marina or club, no sale.

Launch deadlines are fast approaching (May 19th at my club), the "Fields of Broken Dreams" are full.

In any case, insurance companies will not insure a boat of that age and marinas will not touch them without a valid policy.
If I were on that coast I would go for it at 7k sight unseen and insurance is not an issue my 1963 columbia 29 was easy to insure
__________________
Non illigitamus carborundum
newhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 12:39   #4255
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Island of Montreal
Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago
Posts: 432
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

A CS 27 for 5000 Canadian Pesos
Shoal draft.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...b-2cae9dbd7bae

Better equipped than mine, about 2.5 less than I paid for mine 2 seasons ago at the end of the Wuhan Plague.

I should probably buy for the spare parts, pretty sure I could get it for about $3K
Lead scrap sells for 0.50cents a pound so $1400 for that alone.
5BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 12:47   #4256
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Island of Montreal
Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago
Posts: 432
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
If I were on that coast I would go for it at 7k sight unseen and insurance is not an issue my 1963 columbia 29 was easy to insure
Send me the money and I will hold it for you
5BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 12:53   #4257
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Island of Montreal
Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago
Posts: 432
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Douglas 31 for 8000 Canadian pesos.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/cit...-31/1658064498

Spend another 21999 and you get a boat to go around the world for less than 30K.
5BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 15:07   #4258
Senior Cruiser
 
newhaul's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: puget sound washington
Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Posts: 12,234
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5BTM View Post
Douglas 31 for 8000 Canadian pesos.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/cit...-31/1658064498

Spend another 21999 and you get a boat to go around the world for less than 30K.
My 1000 dollar 1963 Columbia defender did that 2 times already its third sail was the start of the first circumnavigation. I knew the original owners . and after this refit is done it will be ready for a third lap . but likely wont do that with me I'm not interested in another one .
__________________
Non illigitamus carborundum
newhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 15:56   #4259
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Island of Montreal
Boat: CS27, C&C25 half a lifetime ago
Posts: 432
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
My 1000 dollar 1963 Columbia defender did that 2 times already its third sail was the start of the first circumnavigation. I knew the original owners . and after this refit is done it will be ready for a third lap . but likely wont do that with me I'm not interested in another one .
5BTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 16:25   #4260
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,237
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5BTM View Post
...the "Fields of Broken Dreams" are full...
Ah, you haven't seen Iroquois Marine Services
We call it Hotel California, people keep coming back!

It's only a 2-3 day motor upriver!
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.