Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 30-03-2022, 03:46   #3796

Boat: Moody 376
Re: 1980 Bristol 40 - $10,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptWho View Post
1980 Bristol 40 - $10,000 (Punta Gorda FL)
"Here is the bad part. <snip> she has termites" There aren't any pictures of the damage, so I wonder how bad? It's unfortunate, Bristols are really pretty boats.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl...464377974.html

Will if they didn't take a pics....likely pretty bad... trying to get my head around the "symmetrical hull" I know with Cats, having asymmetric hulls is a thing...
marcjsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2022, 08:53   #3797

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjsmith View Post
... trying to get my head around the "symmetrical hull" I know with Cats, having asymmetric hulls is a thing...

I hope the hull symmetrical...otherwise one side of the hull would be different than the other. likely he's talking about the interior somehow.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2022, 08:58   #3798

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptWho View Post
1980 Bristol 40 - $10,000 (Punta Gorda FL)
"Here is the bad part. <snip> she has termites" There aren't any pictures of the damage, so I wonder how bad? It's unfortunate, Bristols are really pretty boats.

I'm wondering why he wouldn't deal with the termites with a simple tenting. Easy on a boat. Unless it has gone on so long, there is nothing left. If severe damage is in the bulkheads then the price does not reflect the condition.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 30-03-2022, 12:50   #3799

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptWho
1980 Nauticat 44

1980 Nauticat 44 - $20,000 (Nantucket MA)

https://capecod.craigslist.org/boa/d...464910766.html
CaptWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2022, 13:36   #3800

Boat: Albin Vega 27
Albin Vega on trailer

Here's my 27' Albin Vega for $15,000 CAD ($12,000 USD) on a trailer, located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. She's done several ocean passages and my longest singlehanding was back from Hawaii after a buddy and I sailed there in 2014.

Having it on a trailer allows constant maintenance at home, so everything is in very good shape with no major work and $ outlay needed. Completely set up for long passages in bluewater. Ready to take across the Pacific tomorrow.

I dragged my feet on selling for a few years, but it's just time to sell to someone else who wants to sail the world. Besides, I have an engineering company to run.

Also posted under classifieds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hilo.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	256855  
Flagfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2022, 15:56   #3801

Re: Albin Vega on trailer

What year?

Headroom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagfish View Post
Here's my 27' Albin Vega for $15,000 CAD ($12,000 USD) on a trailer, located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. She's done several ocean passages and my longest singlehanding was back from Hawaii after a buddy and I sailed there in 2014.

Having it on a trailer allows constant maintenance at home, so everything is in very good shape with no major work and $ outlay needed. Completely set up for long passages in bluewater. Ready to take across the Pacific tomorrow.

I dragged my feet on selling for a few years, but it's just time to sell to someone else who wants to sail the world. Besides, I have an engineering company to run.

Also posted under classifieds.
PaulCrawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2022, 16:04   #3802

Boat: Albin Vega 27
Re: Albin Vega on trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorn View Post
What year?

Headroom?
1972- a good year for Albins since the foam cored decks had replaced balsa and the hand-laid fiberglass was still a far-overbuilt (by today's standards) thickness.

5'10" headroom. I'm 6' and found it just fine. For cooking at the stovetop, I'd open the companionway slide to stand fully up under the dodger.
Flagfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:59   #3803

Boat: Corbin 39 (CC Pilothouse Ketch)
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Hmmmm. At that price it is super tempting, and who knows, maybe not that far gone.
https://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa...479889037.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220507-045625_Chrome.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	257299  
Patrick of M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:21   #3804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick of M View Post
Hmmmm. At that price it is super tempting, and who knows, maybe not that far gone.

I kinda get the feeling it is being sold by the storage yard and may have some information on it. No mention of an engine. Being an 1985 and the fact they had a Perkings 4-108, the engine might only need a fluff and buff. Although a 50hp engine for a 30,000 lbs. boat might be a little weak for it.
Having restored many boats over the years, I would say maybe $25K to get her back into the water and a few years of part time work on her. I envision a young man or couple taking this dream on. As I remember these boats generally go for $65,000-$80,000 depending on condition and gear. But the market for a full keel, 50 ft. over all boat is getting very small these days with all the hype for a more modern huntabenelina. I really hope someone does something with her.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:06   #3805

Boat: Corbin 39 (CC Pilothouse Ketch)

Well looks like at least 5 bigish Lewmar ST winches in the cockpit, so already surpasses the asking price. Still not an ideal layout for me, still tempting.
Text says sail school donation, I've saw a decent Pearson 36 for $4k a couple of months ago (also a donation boat) nice to know there are still deals out there.
Patrick of M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:12   #3806

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick of M View Post
It was donated to a sailing school. Too bad they can't really use it. Turn loose a team of teenagers on that and it could be a great learning experience with a boat they could take somewhere when they were done.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 18:28   #3807

Boat: Volkscruiser

I have surveyed two Young Suns and the quality of the plywood used in their construction really lets them down. Not sure what the decks are made off but both were soft. I really remember one Young Sun because on the day of the survey it was raining and the interior was almost as wet as outside.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 20:14   #3808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
I have surveyed two Young Suns and the quality of the plywood used in their construction really lets them down. Not sure what the decks are made off but both were soft. I really remember one Young Sun because on the day of the survey it was raining and the interior was almost as wet as outside.
Cheers

I think this was the problem with "some" of the Taiwan builders...questionable materials. My friend who owns a Peterson 44 had leaky water and fuel tanks. Apparently built of black iron and bicycle spokes used as welding rod.
It's a shame really, all that beautiful teal interior came out of a rain forest then ended up right back in.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:51   #3809

Sailboat - 1987 Pearson 33-2
$26,500

Listed 21 hours ago in Stuart, FL

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...04047481356227
Love the companion way steps, surrounded on both sides. Could help stay off a bad fall. Not much info and always hate when they don't tell us what the draft is. This model came with 3 different keel configurations. One 6 foot deep which deep for Florida/ Bahamas sailing.
Morequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:54   #3810

1974 Pearson 39
$18,000

Listed a week ago in Indiantown, FL

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...25163511842619
Morequestions is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price