Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 27-01-2022, 08:15   #3616
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: USA
Boat: Privilege 39+2'
Posts: 147
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

This is mine, advertised in St. Louis. I am in Hannibal, MO.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/d...438132333.html


Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.28.17 PM.jpg Views: 56 Size: 440.3 KB ID: 252032" style="margin: 2px" />

Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.28.29 PM.jpg Views: 59 Size: 425.5 KB ID: 252033" style="margin: 2px" />

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.34.23 PM.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	434.8 KB
ID:	252034

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.34.33 PM.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	252035

Other than the bimini shot the photos are pre-refit/upgrades.
Stephen_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 09:54   #3617
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,093
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_MO View Post
This is mine, advertised in St. Louis. I am in Hannibal, MO.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/d...438132333.html
...
Other than the bimini shot the photos are pre-refit/upgrades.

Hi Stephen_MO, these boats are nice trailer-sailors!

Is this the fixed-keel version or the swing-keel version?
SuW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 10:08   #3618
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Rock Hall, MD
Boat: Mariner 39
Posts: 524
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
Hi Stephen_MO, these boats are nice trailer-sailors!

Is this the fixed-keel version or the swing-keel version?
The picture shows a fixed keel. I agree these are great trailer sailers.
JoeRobertJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 11:24   #3619
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,093
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRobertJr View Post
The picture shows a fixed keel. I agree these are great trailer sailers.
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/d...438132333.html

We used to have a trailer-sailer with a centreboard and we had to back our vehicle (a minivan) quite far to the edge of the water to get the boat off the rollers.

How easy is it to launch one with a fixed keel?

The listing says that the trailer tongue extends, which obviously helps.
SuW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 14:07   #3620
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 115
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Captin View Post
Every once in a while you come across a boat and ask your self, I must be missing something?

Take a look at this beauty ! At a price that seems a misprint ? If I was ready to pull the trigger, I would be jumping in the car for a long road trip,lol.

Asking 18,000. THE LINK .https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1978...utter-7954950/

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this boat, and why it would look this good in pictures with an upgraded interior at this price.

Thanks Lady Captin.
I wonder how much head room is below, the raised deck westsail is said to be 6 foot 2 inches, not towering. Maybe the sole is set lower in the these Kendals. Interesting concept, but don't think I would feel comfortable.
Morequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 14:24   #3621
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 115
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

1980 Pearson 323 Pearson
$18,000
|
DAYTONA BEACH, FL
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1980...arson-8168994/


compared to the Irwin or Endeavour 32 it's a bit wider and longer water line. Sailboat data shows good numbers for comfort and capsize. I'm sure it could use some updating
Morequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 14:39   #3622
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 115
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Sugar Scoop
I think I would enjoy easy in and outs for swimming, snorkeling and dingy boarding. Maybe even pull the dog back in? What is there under 30K?
This one seems fair, I think they are under the magic number 2 in capsize.

1988 Hunter 33.5
$15,000
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...63511390771224
only two photos

Seller's Description







88 hunter 33.5, 2g yanmaar inboard diesel, runs great needs some tic nothing major save thousands, inquire for details. Comparables 20-35g. Won’t respond to is it available, obviously if adds up it’s available.

I wonder if it's legit?
Morequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 14:52   #3623
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: USA
Boat: Privilege 39+2'
Posts: 147
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
Hi Stephen_MO, these boats are nice trailer-sailors!

Is this the fixed-keel version or the swing-keel version?
It is fixed... still VERY easy to launch with built in trailer tongue extension. It is more stable than the swing keel and, I believe, sails noticeably better.
Stephen_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 14:54   #3624
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: USA
Boat: Privilege 39+2'
Posts: 147
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/d...438132333.html

We used to have a trailer-sailer with a centreboard and we had to back our vehicle (a minivan) quite far to the edge of the water to get the boat off the rollers.

How easy is it to launch one with a fixed keel?

The listing says that the trailer tongue extends, which obviously helps.
It is pretty straightforward to launch. I do it with my F150 which is raised, but if you had a smaller vehicle, the trailer tongue extension could be lengthened another 18" or so; there is room.
Stephen_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 14:58   #3625
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: USA
Boat: Privilege 39+2'
Posts: 147
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuW View Post
Hi Stephen_MO, these boats are nice trailer-sailors!

Is this the fixed-keel version or the swing-keel version?
The trailer has been re-done as well and I have added a mount for a remote control (ATV) power wench which routes up over the anchor roller (not pictured, added later) and to the mast so I can step/un-step the mast by myself with the remote control. Wench is separate as I use it on my Catalina 27 as well but it is about $120 on Amazon.
Stephen_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 15:16   #3626
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,093
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_MO View Post
It is pretty straightforward to launch. I do it with my F150 which is raised, but if you had a smaller vehicle, the trailer tongue extension could be lengthened another 18" or so; there is room.
Thanks, for the response. I'm too far away, but that looks like a decent boat.
Any known issues?
SuW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 15:29   #3627
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,093
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morequestions View Post
Sugar Scoop
I think I would enjoy easy in and outs for swimming, snorkeling and dingy boarding. Maybe even pull the dog back in? What is there under 30K?
This one seems fair, I think they are under the magic number 2 in capsize.
1988 Hunter 33.5
$15,000
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...63511390771224
only two photos
Seller's Description
88 hunter 33.5, 2g yanmaar inboard diesel, runs great needs some tic nothing major save thousands, inquire for details. Comparables 20-35g. Wonít respond to is it available, obviously if adds up itís available.
I wonder if it's legit?
Only two pictures and no useful information? Hard to say.
SuW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 15:42   #3628
SuW
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Morrisburg, ON
Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32
Posts: 1,093
Images: 1
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morequestions View Post
1980 Pearson 323 Pearson
$18,000
|
DAYTONA BEACH, FL
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1980...arson-8168994/
compared to the Irwin or Endeavour 32 it's a bit wider and longer water line. Sailboat data shows good numbers for comfort and capsize. I'm sure it could use some updating
This looks OK. They were a decent coastal cruiser in their day.

Good: Newish diesel engine, new canvas, maintained hatches and ports. Clean interior.

Tbd: the roller furler UV strip wasn't replaced. What state are the sails?
SuW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 21:56   #3629
Registered User
 
CaptWho's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 614
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptWho
Cal 2-46 sailboat

Cal 2-46 sailboat - $6,500 (Kaneohe HI)

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/...438480805.html
CaptWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 10:31   #3630
Registered User
 
Celestialsailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Back in Northern California working on the Ranch
Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 14ft.Whitehall pulling skiff.
Posts: 10,258
Images: 5
Re: Cal 2-46 sailboat

[QUOTE=CaptWho;3563591] Cal 2-46 sailboat - $6,500 (Kaneohe HI/QUOTE]


Probably the worst written ad I have ever seen. I get that he wants people to realize the boat needs a lot of help and needs to be moved but it comes off as negative.
__________________
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:00.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.