Cruisers Forum
 


Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 20:21   #346
cruiser

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: lake arthur , louisiana
Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2
Posts: 84
Images: 5
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

cat for sale
doug45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:47   #347
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 40
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
I just found this today. Crazy price for a Tayana 37 which is a bad sign but this is a great boat.
https://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/5891835761.html

37' Tayana sail boat for sale - $9500 (Ft Lauderdale
37' Tayana sail boat for sale, this is an excellent offshore passage maker with 6' 4" headroom or better throughout the boat. Sleeps 7, Yanmar 33HP diesel. Many electronics including autopilot, many extras. She does need TLC and repair work. Price negotiable or best reasonable offer.

I was lucky to find the person that surveyed her in 2008, which he gave me - she was in pretty good shape. I don't think anyone's gone below deck since then. She's flooded, with water up and occasionally above the floor boats (and above the tanks etc), the teak decks and fibreglass under the decks are rotten, and she's has been occupied by iguanas for some time. It's a shame, as all the damage seems to be neglect - the seller was given her in 2008, is not a boat person, and she's been tied up ever since. Seems like he sprayed her down once in a while but assumed that locking the hatch would preserve all inside.
gabe1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:42   #348
Registered User
 
Scout 30's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: Scout 30
Posts: 3,112
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1111 View Post
I was lucky to find the person that surveyed her in 2008, which he gave me - she was in pretty good shape. I don't think anyone's gone below deck since then. She's flooded, with water up and occasionally above the floor boats (and above the tanks etc), the teak decks and fibreglass under the decks are rotten, and she's has been occupied by iguanas for some time. It's a shame, as all the damage seems to be neglect - the seller was given her in 2008, is not a boat person, and she's been tied up ever since. Seems like he sprayed her down once in a while but assumed that locking the hatch would preserve all inside.
Sad. If this boat was free it would still be very expensive.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:49   #349
Registered User
 
Scout 30's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: Scout 30
Posts: 3,112
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Here's a listing I never would have thought would belong in this thread. A Bristol Channel Cutter listed at $38,000. One of the great boats of our time. Looks like it needs some cosmetic work on the outside so it truly is a diamond in the rough. And it's been repowered!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bod/5895396692.html

The Bristol Channel Cutter 28 Sailboat : Bluewaterboats.org

Sam L. Morse - Home

BRISTOL CHANNEL CUTTER sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:58   #350
Registered User
 
Scout 30's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: Scout 30
Posts: 3,112
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

[QUOTE=Steady Hand;2271642]Kadey Krogen 38
____________

NOTE! There is another post about this boat model in a following post because this post includes twice as many photos (24 instead of 12 as is usual) Why? Because i like what I see in this boat design and want to share some of that.

____________
Lowest Price Boat Listed

1986
Asking Price = $30,000 . Lowest Price I have ever seen for this model boat.
Location = Charleston SC

New Listing (December 2, 2016)
1986 Kadey Krogen 38 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
____________

This boat is already sold. The days on market appear to have been quite short. Just goes to show you that a well designed quality boat, even a fixer upper, will sell quickly at the right price. If you're in the market & find a real deal it's best not to dawdle & please don't believe people on this forum that tell you to offer half the asking price. If you really want the boat & it's already at a good price all you'll do is piss off the seller.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:20   #351
Registered User
 
unbusted67's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Boat: Looking for a new boat
Posts: 2,557
Images: 24
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

I'm making overtures to sell my 1983 CAL 35 MKii. I lack really good pics but here's what it comes with.

new standing rigging 2014
new jib sheet 2014
new lifelines 2014
new loose footed fully battened mainsail 2010 in excellent condition
150% genny in good condition
110% genny that is currently ripped (I was having too much fun in 30 knots!)
beautiful asymmetrical with snuffer
rebuilt universal m40b 680 hours on it
new interior fabric
watermaker (not installed but on the boat)
drogue
80w solar panel
all new trojan t105 batteries 2014
new start battery 2014
new interior ceiling 2014
new popance system ABYC standards 2013
new airhead composting head 2013
dickinson newport diesel heater
insulated v berth
fortress, bruce and spade anchors plus 200 feet of chain as well as assorted rope rode
every fitting on this boat has been removed and rebedded in West Systems and the deck is free from delamination or water intrusion
the bottom has been stripped and barrier coated in 2010 so absolutely no chance of blistering.

70 gal of fuel 50+20 gal aux tank
80 gal water
no friggin holding tank.

8 foot west marine dinghy and 5hp 4 stroke mercury that can get 1 person up on a plane. This is the right tender for this boat since you can roll it up and store it down below for a crossing. It is very nice not to have to have it on deck when it is blowing.

Only Caveat on this boat is that she needs an engine alignment. Other than that she's ready to go!

She's in Green Cove Springs and newly back from the Bahamas. It would literally take two weeks to get this boat rigged out and motored to West Palm where you can jump off to the Bahamas and be in heaven.

I'm thinking 22k OBO.
__________________
__________________________________________
Unbusted67 or just Ben
unbusted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:56   #352
Registered User
 
unbusted67's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Boat: Looking for a new boat
Posts: 2,557
Images: 24
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

https://flic.kr/s/aHskMGa2ew

I'm trying to embed a little slide show into my post but it won't let me so here's a link to the album of pics. I don't have a ton of interior pics and none since we remodeled the interior. Suffice to say it is much nicer now.

I also didn't mention that there is an obscene amount of canvas on this boat that amounts to almost a full cockpit enclosure.

There's also a full stand up shower with plenty of hot fresh water!

Oh and a 6 person life raft that's been inspected...Oh and some immersion suites if you want me to throw them in...the list just goes on and on.

To say she's a great boat would be a terrible understatement. She has taken me far, through some terrible weather and I never felt like she was even challenged. I love this boat but Trump has arrived and it is time to move up to a full sized escape pod for when the **** hits the fan. Please buy this escape pod from me. You will not regret it.
__________________
__________________________________________
Unbusted67 or just Ben
unbusted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:33   #353
Registered User
 
Scout 30's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: Scout 30
Posts: 3,112
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHskMGa2ew

I'm trying to embed a little slide show into my post but it won't let me so here's a link to the album of pics. I don't have a ton of interior pics and none since we remodeled the interior. Suffice to say it is much nicer now.

I also didn't mention that there is an obscene amount of canvas on this boat that amounts to almost a full cockpit enclosure.

There's also a full stand up shower with plenty of hot fresh water!

Oh and a 6 person life raft that's been inspected...Oh and some immersion suites if you want me to throw them in...the list just goes on and on.

To say she's a great boat would be a terrible understatement. She has taken me far, through some terrible weather and I never felt like she was even challenged. I love this boat but Trump has arrived and it is time to move up to a full sized escape pod for when the **** hits the fan. Please buy this escape pod from me. You will not regret it.
That's a lot of boat for the money. Certainly worth taking a look for anybody that's in the market. Not sure why you need a bigger escape pod. This should get the job done.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:03   #354
Registered User
 
unbusted67's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Boat: Looking for a new boat
Posts: 2,557
Images: 24
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
That's a lot of boat for the money. Certainly worth taking a look for anybody that's in the market. Not sure why you need a bigger escape pod. This should get the job done.
It is not I who needs the larger pod but rather my wife. It's a really big boat for her LWL though. We lived aboard her for a year in Boston (all winter long!) and she was great. There are quite a few people living aboard CAL 35s.

Dang maybe I shouldn't sell.
__________________
__________________________________________
Unbusted67 or just Ben
unbusted67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:21   #355
Registered User
 
Scout 30's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: Scout 30
Posts: 3,112
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
It is not I who needs the larger pod but rather my wife. It's a really big boat for her LWL though. We lived aboard her for a year in Boston (all winter long!) and she was great. There are quite a few people living aboard CAL 35s.

Dang maybe I shouldn't sell.
Just make it clear to the Admiral that when it comes time to do a bottom job on the bigger boat she can do the sanding.

On second thought, if you've got a wife that's willing to live on a boat maybe the best course of action is to keep her happy.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 19:13   #356
Registered User
 
krisb007's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Everett, WA
Boat: 2019 TBD
Posts: 60
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Classic Rhodes Bounty. $25k.

Beautiful lines.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1959...s#.WFCYurU77YU
__________________
"To reach a port we must set sail- Sail, not tie at anchor. Sail, not drift." FDR
krisb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 11:52   #357
Moderator
 
Don C L's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Channel Islands, CA
Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Posts: 14,465
Images: 66
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisb007 View Post
I'm with you on that one, I noticed it for sale last year... for a certain folk, who want more sailboat than voluminous RV, that is a wonderful boat... If I lived up there I'd check it out. I sure liked the woodwork in the photos too..
Check in with us here!
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Plastic Classics
__________________
DL
Pythagoras
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:02   #358
Marine Service Provider
 
Steadman Uhlich's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,103
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

And that Bounty comes complete with a Boom Gallows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1937.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	138033  
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:11   #359
Registered User
 
Scout 30's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Florida
Boat: Scout 30
Posts: 3,112
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisb007 View Post
Just paint that hull black & you're giving Hinckley a run for their money.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:16   #360
Registered User
 
RickG's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. John, USVI
Boat: 2003 Beneteau 423
Posts: 595
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
Dang maybe I shouldn't sell.
Ben, does she have an anchor windlass?

Cheers, RickG
__________________
RickG & Sweet Christine
S/V Echoes - 2003 Beneteau 423
Coral Bay - St. John, USVI
RickG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:48.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.