Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 21-12-2021, 08:11   #3271

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Re: Boats Less Than $30K Recent Noteworthy Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morequestions View Post
I don't like when people list boats with so little info like price and model to start with. Even listing for your father you just need to include some details.
But anyway the interior wood looks to be in way above average condition, even if its a little dark for todays taste it is warm. Maybe a port or two dripped? I like the 3 companion way steps.When older the 6-7 step ladder is a bit much. Falling from this one will keep you from reaching terminal velocity before hitting the floor. (maybe). Anyway its a 1969 Morgan and thats all I know but it is very attractive.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0-a95ba61b3576

I am not convinced that is a 1969 Morgan either by brand or design. Looks like a yawl to me and I am not convinced that is the 38.
Looks more like an Alberg 37, but not convinced of that either.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 08:58   #3272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
I am not convinced that is a 1969 Morgan either by brand or design. Looks like a yawl to me and I am not convinced that is the 38.
Maybe after awhile they will update the listing with more info. Am not in the market right now so won't bother the seller with questions.

Sellers usually get the question is this still available? You answer yes it is and you never hear back from them. You think WTF?
The boat does have some nice features I appreciate
Morequestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 09:01   #3273

The Pearson looks like a great deal
laird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 16:08   #3274

Boat: Haven't seen it yet. Bought on Ebay

Quote:
I don't like when people list boats with so little info like price and model to start with. Even listing for your father you just need to include some details.
But anyway the interior wood looks to be in way above average condition, even if its a little dark for todays taste it is warm. Maybe a port or two dripped? I like the 3 companion way steps.When older the 6-7 step ladder is a bit much. Falling from this one will keep you from reaching terminal velocity before hitting the floor. (maybe). Anyway its a 1969 Morgan and thats all I know but it is very attractive.

Lovely interior. I do have questions for the Da, but alas do not have facebook. Anyone care to post the phone number?
Old 21-12-2021, 17:33   #3275

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Guess who just went into contract on this vessel?...
https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/197...arson-7426684/
No way. Looks well maintained. A local one sold this summer for $50k.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 18:32   #3276
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Mariner 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanathon View Post
Lovely interior. I do have questions for the Da, but alas do not have facebook. Anyone care to post the phone number?
There is no phone number. Interested people would have to make the initial contact via FB Messenger.
JoeRobertJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2021, 21:35   #3277

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRobertJr View Post
There is no phone number. Interested people would have to make the initial contact via FB Messenger.
Thinking this maybe a brilliant marketing strategy, you only tell them enough to get them curious. Cleaver, very cleaver!
Old 24-12-2021, 01:25   #3278

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptWho
50 ft. Sail craft

50' sailboat Best Offer - $30,000 (emeryville ca)
This boat is familiar, I think I might have posted it before but I can't find it. If you like carpeted walls, this one is for you.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...412466411.html
CaptWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 01:37   #3279

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptWho
1977 Morgan oi 41 ketchsailable project

1977 Morgan oi 41 ketchsailable project - $18,000 (Marathon FL)

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa...424064021.html
CaptWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 04:40   #3280
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Re: 50 ft. Sail craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptWho View Post
This boat is familiar, I think I might have posted it before but I can't find it. If you like carpeted walls, this one is for you.

It says it is a copy of a 1971 Columbia 50. Maybe but if so the deck is totally different. Kinda doubtful.

Looks like someone had a dream, too little money, and health issues.

10 hours in engine. No pic of galley, if it exists.

May be an inherited boat with the owner out of his league???

Would he interesting for someone knowledgeable to peek at it and report back.

This one could go either either.
hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 08:26   #3281

Boat: '86 MacGregor 25

Quote:

Pretty sure this is a scam/spam post. Price is $1,234, pictures are great but odd, description doesn't match pictures.

This is constant on our local Craigslist motorcycle section. Immaculate looking bike for $1,234 or $2,341 or whatever, limited description, often wrong make model from what the pictures show. Big giveaway is the background in the pictures usually screams southern California, but it's listed in New England.

Not sure why they do it, if they are trying to scam people that respond, or just farming for phone numbers.

Quote:
Maybe after awhile they will update the listing with more info. Am not in the market right now so won't bother the seller with questions.

Sellers usually get the question is this still available? You answer yes it is and you never hear back from them. You think WTF?
The boat does have some nice features I appreciate

Doesn't help that facebook makes that a 1-click option (I didn't type that in, it's autofilled).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	250232
wyb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 08:40   #3282

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: 50 ft. Sail craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptWho View Post

I do remember this one from last year. I also remember this company. The bought hulls from Columbia and sold them as kits. I looked at one in the early 80's...unfinished of course. May be the same one for all I know.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 08:46   #3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb2 View Post
Pretty sure this is a scam/spam post. Price is $1,234, pictures are great but odd, description doesn't match pictures.

This is constant on our local Craigslist motorcycle section. Immaculate looking bike for $1,234 or $2,341 or whatever, limited description, often wrong make model from what the pictures show. Big giveaway is the background in the pictures usually screams southern California, but it's listed in New England.

Not sure why they do it, if they are trying to scam people that respond, or just farming for phone numbers.

Doesn't help that facebook makes that a 1-click option (I didn't type that in, it's autofilled).

Attachment 250232

Any ad can be a rip off I understand. To me it's an invitation to go check it out. This ad says to call her Father for the info so thats what you would need to do. The numbers are meaningless there is no price listed. I suppose some might price according to the interest not being sure of the value or what they think it's worth. It is an older vessal so that has to be taken into consideration. On Facebook they frequently have a pre printed reply asking if this is available. Go in and delete that and put in your own words. Ask them for their phone number to get more info. If they don't reply it;s sold or it's a con. I don't think this one is a con it doesn't trip my meter, but no guarantee. The typical con you see advertised is a product you know is worth say 15-20K and its offered for $4K, then you know its a come on.
There is not many stupid owners
Old 24-12-2021, 09:33   #3284

Boat: C&C 30

Scammers do ridiculous posts like this on purpose. They need to weed out the people who are able to detect the scams at the outset. They want to only deal with the few who are too gullible for the next steps….

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb2 View Post

Attachment 250232
Emoyeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2021, 09:35   #3285

Boat: '86 MacGregor 25

Quote:
Any ad can be a rip off I understand. To me it's an invitation to go check it out. This ad says to call her Father for the info so thats what you would need to do. The numbers are meaningless there is no price listed. I suppose some might price according to the interest not being sure of the value or what they think it's worth. It is an older vessal so that has to be taken into consideration. On Facebook they frequently have a pre printed reply asking if this is available. Go in and delete that and put in your own words. Ask them for their phone number to get more info. If they don't reply it;s sold or it's a con. I don't think this one is a con it doesn't trip my meter, but no guarantee. The typical con you see advertised is a product you know is worth say 15-20K and its offered for $4K, then you know its a come on.
There is not many stupid owners
I would just say that sometimes the whole con is just getting you to reply in the first place. Then your FB account or phone # just goes into database flagged as ‘good’. They have bots posting these ads everyday all over the world, when the database hits 500,000 entries or whatever, they just sell it to some actual scam outfit that will try to contact you months or years later on some unrelated premise, after you’ve long forgotten about this ad. Buying a database of ‘good’ accounts saves them tons of wasted time.

It’s always possible it’s legit, it just fits a scam format I’ve seen elsewhere.
wyb2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain, Best buy, best deal, Blue Water boats, budget, cheap, classic, cruising, inexpensive, low cost, low price