Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2015, 17:51   #76

Re: Boat Motor Legal Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
No, we're not all missing the point. And, we're not all right or wrong. Each of us has a different way of taking care of being ripped off or bullied.

that's the point i'm trying to make....from her point of view! i recognized that she's not happy being bullied, and she needs to get tough with the guy, and a few said i was wrong. i myself wouldn't be in that position, but that's just me. i wouldn't give a second thought to that motor or the boat, but she is certainly giving it a lot of thought, and she has to feel good about the outcome.

maybe she was just venting, and had already made up her mind.
cards26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 18:06   #77

how about the S/V Primrose story? the Captain is a member of this website, and took some severe criticism from some posters that did not know the whole story. he was not careless or a bad navigator; he had some work done to satisfy the survey and insurance company, and this work by the boatyard was faulty. he slid onto a sandbar, and the rudder fell off. he was insured for the original cost of the boat, but not the additional costs of the refit that had been recently completed. (that part may have been his fault.) so he had to eat that.

now i think he was badly ripped off by the boatyard, but such is life. the good news is that they have another boat and are off sailing again.

Workers scramble to save partially submerged sailboat near... | www.wftv.com
cards26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 18:14   #78

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F

Well.. .quick update.. we got the motor back on Thursday! He called when he said he would. My husband is TDY so, asked if the guy could bring it by the house.. he showed up on time. Was a little nervous... but ended up standing around talking for about 45 minutes. I still don't know what happened with him. but I'm glad he got the motor back. He really is a great mechanic... and it runs really well.

So, in the end, the certified letter was all the "push" he needed to get it done.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 18:18   #79
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Great! Scarlett, in your place I'd pack a tasty basket, take the boat out, and celebrate by tossing up a generous libation of the good stuff to the sea gods. And then, of course, downing the rest of it.(G)
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 18:39   #80

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

Glad to hear the good news. Sometimes, just sometimes things work out as they should. Good for you!

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 21:12   #81

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
Well.. .quick update.. we got the motor back on Thursday! He called when he said he would. My husband is TDY so, asked if the guy could bring it by the house.. he showed up on time. Was a little nervous... but ended up standing around talking for about 45 minutes. I still don't know what happened with him. but I'm glad he got the motor back. He really is a great mechanic... and it runs really well.

So, in the end, the certified letter was all the "push" he needed to get it done.
there you go. Well done.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 08:56   #82

Quote:

I suggest you don't have any work done in Mexico, You'll be spending all your time writing certified letters waiting for "manana" to come....

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 09:18   #83

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Well done, scarlet.

Ann
Old 26-04-2015, 18:00   #84

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Quote:

I am so glad for you. Would you take anything back to him again? If so, let folks here know. A good boat engine mechanic is good to know about.

TDY = Temporary Duty = away somewhere else

In the Navy we had what was called TAD = Temporary Additional Duty = Traveling Around Drunk

kindest regards,

USN Retired.

Tags
legal, motor