Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2017, 11:36   #316

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Beneteau oceanis 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownoarsman View Post
I haven't gotten to see any of these modern cruiser designs in the US. None were at the boat show">Annapolis boat show that I saw, though we did have some fast cats like gunboat. I did look up where to charter a pogo 30, and it looks like there are a couple in charter in Brittany, so I may do that in the interim!
You don't need to go so far. You can rent one on the French Caribbean:
https://www.theglobesailor.com/yacht...73.html#review

The only Pogos I saw was on the water, never saw one on a boat show for the simple reason that they don't go to boat shows neither they have dealers neither make publicity. They save all that money to sell the boats as inexpensively as possible. All publicity comes from the clients and from magazine boat tests.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 12:00   #317

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

I guess when a product is good enough it markets itself!

Thanks for the reference to the Pogo in Saint Martin! Too late for me this winter but it's on the list for next!
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 15:32   #318

Boat: Pogo 10,50

any news from the boot Düsseldorf?
CbroTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:02   #319

Dusseldorf was amazing. What a show, so much to see. We went on everything, even boats we weren't interested in, keep a open mind.

There were 3 that we both said we could sail away there and then and be happy on and fit our wants and needs.

Lagoon 42
Hanse 588
Grand soleil 46 LC

3 very different boats but all seemed to offer something that made us smile and get excited.

Lagoon for obvious reasons, size, space, stability, sailing ability, the view from cockpit, twin engines, small sail plan, ease of sailing, did I mention space!

Hanse 588, beautiful interior, huge aft deck, loads of space, the neat little touches like the hard top bimini, huge swim platform, high gunwhales, layout in general, options and personalisation.

Grand soleil 46LC, workmanship, felt like a 50ft boat, just beautiful to look at almost breathtaking! The deck layout, mainsheet arch, fuel/water tanks secured low down, attention to detail, did I mention it's beautiful! Smaller in size so less to look after than the 58ft hanse or cat.

Went on a wauquiez 48 pilot saloon, we liked that but for the price it didn't jump out at us. Very well made, some neat touches like the wet cloakroom as you step in to the saloon and the galley which was well thought out.

Of course we haven't sailed any of them so our decisions may change, hoping to get out on a few of them this year.

The oceanis 55 is not off our list but is superseded by the lagoon so unless there is a stonking deal to be had on one we probably won't be getting one. Its a fine yacht and we still like it but the others we like more.

Anyone else go?

Ohh one other thing, I saw a Amel 55 and it looked wonderful, I thought it might have had a sign by it saying 'greatest yacht in the world ever, no quittsies or comebacks!' but it didn't!

Out of our price range, however thought I'd better mention Amel just incase someone gets upset that I didn't. So now I have, hope everyone is happy about that.

Also saw a sunseeker at 10 million, loved that but again I can't afford that so that's me out!
AJPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 14:30   #320

Boat: Catalina 36 MKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJPT View Post
Dusseldorf was amazing. What a show, so much to see. We went on everything, even boats we weren't interested in, keep a open mind.

There were 3 that we both said we could sail away there and then and be happy on and fit our wants and needs.

Lagoon 42
Hanse 588
Grand soleil 46 LC

3 very different boats but all seemed to offer something that made us smile and get excited.

Lagoon for obvious reasons, size, space, stability, sailing ability, the view from cockpit, twin engines, small sail plan, ease of sailing, did I mention space!

Hanse 588, beautiful interior, huge aft deck, loads of space, the neat little touches like the hard top bimini, huge swim platform, high gunwhales, layout in general, options and personalisation.

Grand soleil 46LC, workmanship, felt like a 50ft boat, just beautiful to look at almost breathtaking! The deck layout, mainsheet arch, fuel/water tanks secured low down, attention to detail, did I mention it's beautiful! Smaller in size so less to look after than the 58ft hanse or cat.

Went on a wauquiez 48 pilot saloon, we liked that but for the price it didn't jump out at us. Very well made, some neat touches like the wet cloakroom as you step in to the saloon and the galley which was well thought out.

Of course we haven't sailed any of them so our decisions may change, hoping to get out on a few of them this year.

The oceanis 55 is not off our list but is superseded by the lagoon so unless there is a stonking deal to be had on one we probably won't be getting one. Its a fine yacht and we still like it but the others we like more.

Anyone else go?

Ohh one other thing, I saw a Amel 55 and it looked wonderful, I thought it might have had a sign by it saying 'greatest yacht in the world ever, no quittsies or comebacks!' but it didn't!

Out of our price range, however thought I'd better mention Amel just incase someone gets upset that I didn't. So now I have, hope everyone is happy about that.

Also saw a sunseeker at 10 million, loved that but again I can't afford that so that's me out!
Are they all in the same price bracket?
De.windhoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 14:31   #321

Yep they are give or take a few grand.
AJPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:58   #322

Pogo had a boat at boot Düsseldorf , very nice.
Abgreenbank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, oceanis