Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 18:38   #1
sdf

Beneteau Oceanis 411?

Hi everyone, I have some questions about the Oceanis 411. I have heard that the older Beneteaus were built much better than they are now. Is this true, if so, what is the quality like? What does the boat perform like? How does it handle rough weather? How much storage is there? What is there in the way of refrigeration? I have seen there's a huge fridge in the galley, but no freezer. Is it somewhere else or does it just not have one? If there isn't, would it be possible to add one? Thanks in advance for answering.
sdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 22:59   #2

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53 ft
Re: Beneteau Oceanis 411?

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-140916.html

Welcome ��
Eleuthera 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:58   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Beneteau Oceanis 411?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdf View Post
Hi everyone, I have some questions about the Oceanis 411. I have heard that the older Beneteaus were built much better than they are now. Is this true,
Not really, newer ones are also quite good.

Quote:
if so, what is the quality like?
Hard to answer, most Beneteaus are similar, its not a HR or Oyster, but the interior wears well and deck fittings etc are all standard makes .

Quote:
What does the boat perform like? How does it handle rough weather?
Verfy subjective question, my experience is there are good in a seaway, a little lively like all fin keels etc

Quote:
How much storage is there? What is there in the way of refrigeration? I have seen there's a huge fridge in the galley, but no freezer. Is it somewhere else or does it just not have one? If there isn't, would it be possible to add one? Thanks in advance for answering.
Storage is OK for weekending and the 2 week vacation sail, for serious cruising you will need tho mod the boat somewhat , but it depends on your requirements and sensitivity.

The 411 is shipped with a big ( !) refrigerator to my memory, it works " OK", no freezer to my knowledge ( I can't even remember any beneteau with a factory freezer)

dave

Tags
beneteau, oceanis