Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37   #1

Beneteau Cyclades 43

Anyone have experience with a mid 2000's Beneteau Cyclades 43?? I believe Beneteau built the boat for the charter market so most of the boats will have three cabins. If I were to pursue this, I would sail in the Bahamas and the carribean islands with my wife and two younger children.

Any feedback regarding reliability/ handling while underway would be very helpful. thank you
lake norman 285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:33   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: Beneteau Cyclades 43

Ive sailed a few Cyclades, They were primarily introduced to counter Bavaria and Hanse, as the Oceanius models were getting too expensive for that price point. Basically a simple yet strong boat with few frills. Many went into the charter market as well as private.

Dave
Old 06-10-2011, 14:19   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43
Oceanis 423...

The Oceanis 423 looks to have a similar price and looks to have been designed and built with cruising in mind.
Boracay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 17:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake norman 285
Anyone have experience with a mid 2000's Beneteau Cyclades 43?? I believe Beneteau built the boat for the charter market so most of the boats will have three cabins. If I were to pursue this, I would sail in the Bahamas and the carribean islands with my wife and two younger children.

Any feedback regarding reliability/ handling while underway would be very helpful. thank you
I just purchased a Cyclades 433 from the moorings, so far I am very happy with the condition. I sailed her from the BVI last weekend to the Dominican Republic, across the mona passage, with over 30 knots of wind and big waves. The performance was great we did an average of 8 knots.
The boat feels very strong and the maintenance at the moorings was great. I hired a surveyor, he reported a big list and they took care of repairing everything before hand it over to me. I also have to said that they were very helpful. I have 3 kids and the space is perfect, mine is 2006.
Good luck
emartinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 08:33   #5

Boat: '02 Jeanneau Sun Odyssy 43DS

Hi emartinon

I am also considering buying from the Moorings, I was wondering, did you get financing with them?

I dont want to blow up all the cash, and even with all the cash I have I would be short a bit, hence I am looking for financing....

Regards
Andres
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 22:49   #6

I bought an ex-Moorings (privately owned) Cyclades 43.3 in 2011 and spent three months sailing around Greece. It was definitely well looked after, apart from a single wiring repair. Its my first boat and I love its simplicity and ease of sailing, as well as the spacious interior and fitout. I would definitely make some mods for extended passages (pretty much the same as mentioned by earlier posters). We had some extreme wind (35-40kn) and choppy seas (2-3m waves) in the Southern Cyclades, but the boat handled really well and just ate it up. I am sailing it single handed and have found it very reliable and safe.
surf888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22   #7

Boat: Hunter 31

I've been on a Cyclades for only a week durring a charter in the BVI and loved it. Boat felt very solid in constant 25 knots. We only had a short jont on it but would love to own one. The prices are pretty attractive too
jared1048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 15:17   #8

Boat: Beneteau 43.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreshs1 View Post
Hi emartinon

I am also considering buying from the Moorings, I was wondering, did you get financing with them?

I dont want to blow up all the cash, and even with all the cash I have I would be short a bit, hence I am looking for financing....

Regards
Andres
Hi Andres

I'm also thinking of buying a beneteau Cyclades fro the Moorings. Approx what price should I expect to pay for a 2007 model?

Seskin
seskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:03   #9

Boat: '02 Jeanneau Sun Odyssy 43DS
Hi Seskin

Not sure as it will depend on the boat itself, my advice would be to offer 20% less than the asking price and negotiate from there.

We ended up buying a local boat in Hong Kong, this is because I could not take the time off to sail the boat back and a delivery would have cost me over 20K USD

Good luck
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:19   #10
Marine Service Provider

I love the Cyclades line from Beneteau. They are fun boats to sail, comfortable, and easy to maintain. I've got a ton of experience on both the Cyclades 43 and Cyclades 50 from when I was working as a base manager for The Moorings. In fact when I was based in Canouan I used to use a Cyclades 50 to run up to mainland St. Vincet to grocery shop since they had 2 fridges and freezers.

If you have any questions on the Cyclades please don't hesitate to ask.
FLLCatsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 20:39   #11

Boat: Jeanneau 57

I had a Cyclades for a bit, see Kinsale, the trade-in boat

She handled well, but did have prop walk when reversing. A good boat for the Caribbean market.

Tags
beneteau, Cyclades