Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2021, 00:25   #16

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Albin vega vs. HR monsun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaidotas View Post
Yes, but maintenance price for HR and Vega is not that different.
That's what I meant. After the initial price paid, then add 5+ years of maintenance, the cost comparison will seem much closer.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 00:51   #17

Boat: Amel Sharki #68 of 1982, 39 feet

Vaidatos,

Maybe by now you have already made your choice. If not, here's my two cents input.
I own a series III Vega since 2011 which I sailed from Holland to Italy by sea and on the Mediterranean repeatedly, mainly singlehanded. I can only speak about her as never went aboard the beautiful HR 31 Monsun.
I am 174 cm and can stand in the main cabin.
The Vega, given its dimensions and weight, can be towed by a car. She requires a double axe trailer and, at least in Italy, a trailer driving licence. This proved a big plus in my case as I could store the boat in the family farm once the sailing season was over, saving considerably in marina fees and having the boat well protected inside a warehouse and close-by for maintenance. Last month, while sailing on the Ionian Sea, I met a Dutch family (parents with 2 kids) who towed their Vega with a minivan from Holland to Italy, and via a ferry took the boat to Igoumenitza (Greece) where the boat was put on the water...
The Vega mast can be stepped on a hinge and, with a simple system, can be raised and lowered by two persons, without the need of a crane.
Her limited draft (about 120 cm) means more chances to find a berth in Mediterranean marinas during summer.
Last October I published a booklet (The long route of the Spray) describing the technical aspects of the Vega and my sailing adventure from Holland to Italy.

Fair winds,
marco Albin Vega 3339 - Spray
africanmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:45   #18

Boat: Maxi 80 racer, 26ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanmarco View Post
Vaidatos,

Maybe by now you have already made your choice. If not, here's my two cents input.
I own a series III Vega since 2011 which I sailed from Holland to Italy by sea and on the Mediterranean repeatedly, mainly singlehanded. I can only speak about her as never went aboard the beautiful HR 31 Monsun.
I am 174 cm and can stand in the main cabin.
The Vega, given its dimensions and weight, can be towed by a car. She requires a double axe trailer and, at least in Italy, a trailer driving licence. This proved a big plus in my case as I could store the boat in the family farm once the sailing season was over, saving considerably in marina fees and having the boat well protected inside a warehouse and close-by for maintenance. Last month, while sailing on the Ionian Sea, I met a Dutch family (parents with 2 kids) who towed their Vega with a minivan from Holland to Italy, and via a ferry took the boat to Igoumenitza (Greece) where the boat was put on the water...
The Vega mast can be stepped on a hinge and, with a simple system, can be raised and lowered by two persons, without the need of a crane.
Her limited draft (about 120 cm) means more chances to find a berth in Mediterranean marinas during summer.
Last October I published a booklet (The long route of the Spray) describing the technical aspects of the Vega and my sailing adventure from Holland to Italy.

Fair winds,
marco Albin Vega 3339 - Spray
Hi, Sorry for late response, I am very interested in your booklet, where could I find it?

I curently own maxi 80 racer, great boat for fjord crusing but very very wet in open sea, but I sail it with all kinds of weather just yo get experience. But time will soon come to go offshore
Vaidotas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Albin Vega