Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2013, 07:08   #1

Boat: PDQ 32 LRC
2002 Wauquiez 40 raised deck

Does anyone have knowledge or experience with these boats? I understand Wauquiez was bought by Beneteau in 1997, but does that mean that quality dropped? I really like the layout of this boat. How do you think it sails?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...ng_id=1852&url
Jerry Woodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 07:32   #2

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Re: 2002 Wauquiez 40 raised deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Woodward View Post
Does anyone have knowledge or experience with these boats? I understand Wauquiez was bought by Beneteau in 1997, but does that mean that quality dropped? I really like the layout of this boat. How do you think it sails?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...ng_id=1852&url

I fix some years ago a 45 ds Amphitrite , the quality is amazing, in every aspect, and the other day we have the chance to jump in a new Wauquiez pilothouse to fix a Facnor electric furler belt problem, the boat look fantastic to, but the owner complaint about some small problems , like a rudder bearings problem, the rudder get excesive play at the bearings only 1 year agoo, fix it by warranty , and some bugs in the electronic, apart from that no idea where is the deal between beneteau and wauquiez, this boats gain a strong reputation to be well built and seaworthy ...

The old pilothouses like lot of wind to sail, and are happy in big blows , the centurion saga got better sail perfomance in any aspect.. Good boats for sure... Good luck..
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 08:02   #3

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49

A good friend has the Pilot Saloon 43. I spent a month on it in Mexico. Great boat, great build.

Group Beneteau bought Wauquiez after Henri Wauquiez passed away. It was Beneteau's high end boat line. The company has since been sold, and runs as its own boat manufacturer again.
CAELESTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 09:19   #4
LJH

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 42

Jerry,

I do not have any experience with the new Wauquiez boats. There is a Wauquiez boat owners group at wauquiez-boats : Wauquiez Boats. Most of the members own boats that were built by Henri, but there are several owners of new Wauquiez boats. You may get an honest answer or two there! The newer boats may not be built as rugged as the older Wauquiez boats, but it is my understanding that they are still a step above a Beneteau or a Bavaria.
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck