Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2019, 13:26   #1

Boat: S2 9.2A
1978 S2 9.2A

Hello everyone,

im 45, ive gone sailing with my uncle a handful of times in the past 10 years. ive allways loved it. last month he told me if I wamted the boat.. come and get it.. well this past weekend I went down to visit them and to go out on the boat. he has allways maintained everything on the boat that was needed to sail. motor is in great shape. sails, all that is good.. the inside def needs a good cleaning. this winter I plan on doin all that cleaning. goin over the water tank.. make sure all that works... water tank">fresh water tank hasn't been touched in 25 years.
I plan on goin down to Maryland a bunch this summer to go out on the boat. learn as much as I can.. so fall time I can sail it north to nj.. have marina's near my house.."neighbor owns one" so im sure he will be helpful with a lot of answers I may have with fixing whatever may need to be done. he knows a lot about boats. but has never owned an S2.

if anyone who owns an s2 for a while that might have some tips for me.. problem areas, anything to look for. it has a yanmar 16 or 18 hp motor, cant remember what he told me, I had a lot said to me in 1 day.. brain overload.

if anyone that may have one that's near Sayreville NJ that would be willing to take me out. that would be awesome.

thanks in advance

Chris
ChrisBohnyak is offline   Reply With Quote