Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2021, 19:12   #1

1968 Royal Huisman Hull #240 - Nantucket 33 "East Wind"

Hello All,

Looking for any information or history anyone might have on a Royal Huisman Nantucket 33' aluminum sailboat - Hull #240, "East Wind".
From what I understand Royal Huisman built 8 Nantucket 33's in total, from 1968 through 1970. It was designed by Alan Gurney and was based on a successful racer named "Hotfoot".

I saw there was a thread here from several years back on Hull #239 "Doxy", and a couple of comments on #238 "March Hare", but I couldn't find anything on the other 6.

"East Wind", #3 of the 8, is believed to have been originally built for a Dr. Brown, and was raced in the New York area in her early days. She currently resides on the West Coast (Vancouver Island, Canada).

We'd like to gather any historical info we can, and then determine how best to get her into the hands of her next caretaker.
The current owner has enjoyed her immensely through the years, but has decided his sailing days are now behind him.

Thanks in advance for any comments or info!
L Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 22:15   #2

Re: 1968 Royal Huisman Hull #240 - Nantucket 33 "East Wind"

Hello,

I own an Huisman 33 number 253. Do you still want information about it? If you know other owners I would like to get in contact with them too:-)

Kind regards,

Jan
Jamatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 21:30   #3

Hi Jan, thank you for the reply! Looks like you have the last Nantucket 33 that was built - #8 of 8.

Actually I was mostly trying to find information or history on my friend Ed's Huisman Nantucket 33 (#3); as he is planning to sell it. It would be great to find a new owner who can appreciate the quality and history - someone will be lucky to get it!

Sorry, don't know any of the owners of the other 6 units - in fact your reply is the only reply I've gotten to the post in two years!

Thanks, Len
L Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 14:53   #4

Hi Len,

Thanks for your reply. Seems like there are not so many left. Its a very nice boat indeed and good quality build. Hopefully they will find a new owner who appriciates it.

If you have any pictures would you mind to share them with me? I am interested how much they still look alike:-)

Kind regards,

Jan
Jamatn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull, nantucket, wind