Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Polar Regions
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52   #1

confusion about destination

Hi,

I read in a prospect that a ship is able to reach or cruise "Atlantic passages Carribean's via Brazil and Cap Verde". I'm quite uncertain about the meaning of this.

Is the Carribean the destination of those Atlantic passages, reached via Brazil and Cap Verde?

Or how else could this be understood?

And, in case you should be sure about the meaning, can you tell me if it is a cruise worth its while?

Thanks for your help!
fardownbelow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:04   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

If you found the phrase in a brochure from a cruise line, wouldn't it make more sense to ask the question of them than throw it into this Forum? The emphasis of this Forum is cruising, certainly, but doing so on one's own vessel, not on a huge cruise ship.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:35   #3

I'm sure, TaoJones, that you own the lucidity of remarking that my question consisted of two components: first, I asked how to understand this phrase, and, second, if the cruise is worth its while, a question that certainly won't be honestly answered by the people you ask I should contact, and can also be answered by anyone who has sailed the journey on his own boat, thus making the question rightly suited to this forum.

Thanks for your attention.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:53   #4
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
I'm with Tao on this one - what course/itinerary the Cruise Line has in mind, only they can answer. As to whether a particular cruise on that particular line is 'worth its while', can hardly be answered by cruising sailors - the experience of a passage on a cruise ship and a small boat are completely different.

Once you find out what ports they intend to visit, some here may be able to assist with suggestions on restaurants/bars/sightseeing ashore, but as to the passage itself
or the ship, this is not the place. Take heart, however, I am sure that there are some cruise-line specific forums that can give you some insight from people who have actually taken the trip.

Brad

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:11   #5

Okay, thanks Brad, I perfectly see the difference and will search out some cruise-line specific forums.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:14   #6

Boat: a sailing boat
that's an easy one

Perhaps she starts in Cal, goes around the Cape Horn and then reaches the Caribbean via Brazil and Cabo Verde ???
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
destination