Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2020, 02:04   #1

Boat: Albin Vega 27 / Ericson E30
Would like to have some Company...

I am planning the crossing of the Atlantic Ocean from Portugal till Fort-de-France, Martinique. I´d love to continue from Martinique to San Blas, Panama and finally back by the Azores to Portugal.

So far, I have done a lot of sailing single hand, but would feel better with company to share the trip.
I am male, 63 years old and am sailing since the early 70´s. For long years I have crewed on offshore boats and finally then I bought my own yacht. The actual one is my number 3 and its an Albin Vega 27, which I bought very good cared and am taking care of this boat. Vegas have the reputation to be one of the best boats built, but aren´t very comfortable. They are smaller (27-foot) and the height is not the tallest. But, they have best reputation for strong sea sailing.
I don´t know if the trip will undergo, because San Blas is closed since March and it may probably they will never open up to the date I want to travel. Nevertheless, I´d like to prepare just-in-case...

I am used to singlehanded, but am also used to people. I do have problems with people, when they are neurotic or picky. I don´t like to criticize and at some point, when the other person is a "I-know-it-all" type, I get tired. So, wouldn´t like such a person. I love the nature, some music, to sit on deck and enjoy sunrise, sunsets, even a storm I enjoy. The best is when it rains, to take a good shower of sweet water.

Is there somebody out there, who has interest in such a trip?
Albinvega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 13:26   #2

Boat: Bristol 27 #182, MystereS 17' Catamaran #531
Send a message via Skype™ to EarlWer
Re: Would like to have some Company...

When would you leave? I am a bit older (65), but in good shape.
Certainly not neurotic or picky. I even know a few words of portugese, like 'cogumelos'.

Are there currently any restrictions for travellers into Portugal?
Old 30-10-2020, 20:55   #3

Boat: Albin Vega 27 / Ericson E30

There are restrictions for all Europe. Portugal is a "own way runner" and has its own restrictions. You will have to look up at the Portuguese CoVid site, as they permanently change.
I would leave probably after Xmas Portugal and sail straight ahead to Martinique. From there to San Blas, since yesterday the Panamese Government announced, that San Blas is looking into ease up the restrictions by mid to end November.
Albinvega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 17:36   #4

Boat: Piver Loadstar 35 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to chubasco

I'm interested. I would like to gain some Bluewater experience. I'm a fit 63 year old. I was a deckhand on a 40 footer from Florida to Roatan this last year. I'm renovating a 35 foot trimaran right now. I have sailed here and there over the years but I would like to get some more blue water on my resume. I play guitar, I speak Spanish & sign language, I'm handy and well-traveled, a good conversationalist, I am an excellent cook. I like doing overnights. I'm low maintenance.
chubasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 00:59   #5

Hi, have you left yet? Did you find company?
I’m a 61yr old adventurer. I have sailed the Atlantic back in 2006, I used to sail in the cross channel Races and have sailed the North Sea a couple of times. I have Blue water ocean theory but not practical.

Ex rugby player; channel swimmer; horse rider (Mongolian Derby) Mountain bike rider (Cape Epic) good cook and fair conversationalist.

If your still looking and leaving this month please What’s App me

0027 (0)76 859 3955

Presently in Cape Town
PaulCCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 10:16   #6

Boat: no vessel

Hi I am 72 year old gentleman 2meters tall and over weight I have little sailing experiance
I snore but! I have no hang ups no odd behaviours I can bring my own vegetarian food for up to 2 months As soon as these lockdowns are over I can travel to Europe to embark on a life time experience. Regards Joe Pumford
joey2songs is offline   Reply With Quote