Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2023, 02:25   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
pirate Volunteer Delivery Crew Wanted for 40’ Catamaran, USVI to TX early June

Volunteer Delivery Crew Wanted for 40’ Catamaran, USVI to TX early June

(The Passage) This delivery will begin in Saint Thomas, USVI on or around June 3. This passage is nearly 2,000 nautical miles and should take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks. We have a tendency to sail conservatively and as much as possible, but we will use the engines if needed to expedite the passage. We have multiple satellite devices onboard for offshore weather and tracking including contact with a professional weather router to help us avoid any inclement weather if needed.

(The Boat) Is a 2012 Island Spirit 401 (40ft). Information about this vessel is available by searching online and additional details and equipment lists can be made available to potential crew. She is a sound vessel with a recent survey and equipped for offshore cruising with an autopilot, AIS receiver, a new EPIRB and more.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft sloop and has completed over 100,000 nm of offshore sailing. A link to my sailing resume, references, and contact info is available on the ‘about me’ section of my profile here or on my sailingsalsa website. In addition to myself there is a well qualified mate with extensive experience sailing catamarans offshore. We are looking for one or two additional crew members to round off the team and will consider couples.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am seeking volunteer crew. On-board food/provisioning and passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner. Reasonable travel expenses / airfare is available for those with a substantial amount of sailing experience. This does not include going out to eat, food and drinks at the marina restaurant, or any entertainment - that is your responsibility. Flights would be into STT (Saint Thomas, USVI) and you would likely need to arrive around June 2. Our final destination is Kemah, Texas. All crew are expected to take direction and help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch as required, usually solo on a rotational basis both day and night, helping with navigating, collision avoidance, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs, etc. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain miles and especially for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a qualified captain underway. I appreciate people with offshore experience and I am also willing to help you obtain any skills you need on this passage if you make the effort. What you don’t know you will be taught.

(Requirements for the crew) Please feel free to post here but also send me a private message or email including your phone number, location, nationality, age, let me know why you would like to take this trip and tell me about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). Looking forward to hearing from you! -Kirk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onward port bean.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	406.0 KB
ID:	275068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Main image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	275069  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	275070  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 02:51   #2

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Re: Volunteer Delivery Crew Wanted for 40’ Catamaran, USVI to TX early June

All crew positions have been filled. Thank you to everyone that sent a PM! -Kirk
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2023, 06:00   #3

Re: Volunteer Delivery Crew Wanted for 40’ Catamaran, USVI to TX early June

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkalittle View Post
All crew positions have been filled. Thank you to everyone that sent a PM! -Kirk

Looks like I'm a day late & a dollar short for this one--story o' my life!

Kirk, that was one of the best write-ups I've seen for volunteer crew--you answered just about every off-the-bat question I may have had. May I ask, do you do this regularly? Clearly not your first rodeo--I'm just wondering if we might see more of these from you....
Jughead135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, crew, crew wanted, delivery, wanted