Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2021, 12:14   #1

Boat: Leopard 39
USVI TO St Maarten

Will be Sailing my Boat from St Maarten to USVI mid May, but need to get back to St Maarten to catch a return flight. Anyone need crew ? Mid May.
TrevorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 01:14   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 343
Re: USVI TO St Maarten

I need a crew.
Esperley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2021, 02:18   #3

Hi, thank for the response - I am interested. Maybe easier to Whats app me +46703511455. Thx, Trevor
Old 30-04-2021, 12:02   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 343

Tried contacting via WhatsApp no luck. Here is my WhatsApp information 8697623411 or 9738686634
Esperley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 15:03   #5

Will be sailing to St Kitts about May 16. 33’ cat.
Klose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 15:44   #6

TrevorZ

FYI: Be aware of the biosecurity and visa entry requirements for USVI.

Important pre-arrival information: All non-US citizen nationalities arriving by private yacht need a valid US visa, which must be obtained in advance of arrival, or be already in possession of a visa waiver entry in their passport.

The only exceptions to visa requirements are Canadian citizens who are permanent residents in Canada, and Bermudan citizens who are permanent residents in Bermuda.

Crew members must accompany the captain when clearing in as each individual must be seen and sign the entry permit. The USVI website gives the impression that certain nationalities do not require a visa but NOTE, this only applies if arriving on a ‘registered carrier’. A private yacht is not a registered carrier.

Other Visa Information:

An alternative method of entry for crew without a prior visa is to make use of the Visa Waiver Program (if they are eligible) by first taking a ferry trip from the BVI’s to the USVI’s. This will then allow the crew to enter the USVI again by yacht. It is, however, essential that they are in possession of a valid ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). Register on the US government ESTA website at least three days before departure, which allows the US to screen visitors before travel. Once granted, an ESTA is valid for 2 years. Entry under the VWP permits visits of up to 90 days from the date of the first entry into US territory.
Reference: https://www.noonsite.com/place/us-vi...s/formalities/

COVID-19 coronavirus: New procedures are in place for arriving yachts – see Biosecurity for details at the link below.

https://www.noonsite.com/place/us-vi...curity-section

Yachting Protocols:

17 April 2021

Any visitor traveling by sea or air to the USVIs (over 5 years of age), (including those in transit), must use https://usvitravelportal.com/ to receive certification prior to travel – and submit a COVID-19 test result received within 5 days of travel to the territory. You should get a response within 48 hours.
It has been confirmed by the Health Department in USVI that a negative PCR test taken within five days of departure for the USVIs is now accepted. Other test options are available – see Information for Marine Vessels for full details (this is still current even though it’s dated 2020). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vkk...BFVxFq__Y/view
All yachts MUST clear Customs and Immigration using ROAM – inbound – even if coming from the USA – as this is how they are checking on tests. https://www.noonsite.com/news/usa-sm...tember-5-2018/
See Clearance for details. https://www.noonsite.com/place/us-vi...arance-section
Without a documented test within five days of departure, you have to get a test on island (see here for a list of test centers) and quarantine until test results are received.

Enjoy your voyage.
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klose View Post
Will be sailing to St Kitts about May 16. 33’ cat.
Hi, awesome. Similar to mine, 39' cat.
Will be in St Thomas, hopefully arrival around 13/14 May if all works out.
Please connect with me via WhatApp: +46703511455.
I am flying to St Maarten on 5 May, and then work the detail planning.

Many thanks
Trevor