Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2018, 07:11   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Arrow USCG Master- Completed 3rd Delivery of Year & Ready to go again

Just completed my third delivery of the year– this one from Tortola to Georgetown, Exuma moving a PDQ cat--- another satisfied customer!
I am a competent, skilled USCG 100 Ton Master, Sailing Endorsement, and an ASA Instructor who is available to deliver your cat or monohull to anywhere you wish.

Candidly, you can swing a dead minnow around here and hit a dozen people who do deliveries. We all have 100K+ of miles, and many years of experience. You can read more about my background on my website www.USCGMaster.com.

There are several things that set me apart from most other Licensed Masters who do deliveries.

1-My specialty is jobs no one will touch. 35 year old boat, no auto-pilot, dodgy in-mast furler? Did it. Little 24' PSC Flicka that on one will "lower themselves to"? Did it. Need to move a boat with no depth finder, no compass, no chart plotter, no VHF no autopilot and no means of recharging my iPad? On a route that required 6 bridge openings. Yea, did that also. I will also do mundane jobs, where all the systems work!

2- The recurring comments in my customer feedback is my professionalism, teaching skills and calmness. Owner assisted deliveries invariably turn into on the water training classes. Be it rules of the road, horn signals, or how to manage the new boat's systems, there is always some learning.

3-On request, I will provide my CV and not only references, but social media posts from satisfied delivery customers, charter guests and ASA students.

4- All deliveries include access to my satellite tracking and communication during the delivery. This allows owners who are not onboard to track the progress of the trip, or to be consulted, if needed. Should the owner choose to come along, they can receive texts from loved ones when we are out of cell range.

5-At the end of every delivery, I provide a report on the vessel. This report provides suggested improvements- it can be something as mundane as adding USB charging ports in the staterooms, or identifying running rigging that is nearing the end of its life, or a suggestion on how better network the electronics.

Your delivery can be owner-assisted, solely my crew, volunteer crew, or a hybrid. My affiliation with a top shelf ASA school allows me to conduct classes on your boat that comply with ASA standards.

My goal is not to be the cheapest captain on a job. My goal is to deliver your boat in the same, or better condition than when I boarded her. I treat a customer's boat BETTER than I would treat my own.

Based in St. Petersburg I am ready to deliver or provide training on your new, or “new to you” yacht.

Please PM me here, or contact me through my website www.USCGMaster.com.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery, mast