Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2022, 08:16   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Noord Nederland Seahawk 31
US-based delivery crew

Hi everyone! I'm putting out a general notice that I'm interested in and available for positions as delivery crew. I'm based in Norfolk, VA on the East Coast of the US.

I'm a 22-year-old woman, have been sailing, racing, and instructing everything from dinghies to schooners to gaff-rigged wooden ketches to brand-new fiberglass cruisers for over 15 years (I started very young), have been a professional deckhand for 2 seasons, and am the owner of a 30-foot steel sailboat that I completely restored and refit myself in 2020 and captained from Annapolis, MD to Florida and back in 2021.

I am ideally looking for paid positions, even if only modestly, but am open to any offers that will help me build mileage. I am also ideally looking for positions around the East Coast and Atlantic to start out, but would potentially be open to straying farther afield if the circumstances are right.

My boyfriend (also 22), who has also been sailing for several years now, is an electrical engineer for the Navy and we would love to do deliveries together if anyone is interested in 2 crew that already work well together. His work schedule is significantly less flexible, though.

DM me if interested, I am more than happy to send along a sailing resume and references!
KelseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:15   #2

Re: US-based delivery crew

Hi Kelsey,
Looking for at least 1 crew to move my passport 37 Sloop from Brunswick, GA.to
Atlantic City. About July 20-25.
I may be flying out of Norfolk for that trip. I have two sons and a son-in-law active Navy.
You may have option to end crew gig in Norfolk (if I had to use ICW from Beaufort due to weather, as would have a chance to pick up another crew there, or continue single-handed.
Pay- I would certainly pay your flight to Brunswick, all meals etc. and return travel if necessary. As for any add'l pay, we have to discuss. All the best,
Lou
Bluprnc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, delivery