Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2017, 15:17   #1

Boat: Allied Princess 36'
St.Thomas to Miami

Hi,

I'm looking for 1-2 crew members to sail from St. Thomas or Puerto Rico to Miami departing anytime now to early May. My wife and daughter are not coming so I would like some help for the long passages. It is a non-payed position for someone that wants to gain sailing experience and enjoy the trip via the Bahamas islands.
The boat's expenses will be covered by me but I expect the crew to chip in for groceries.
You can see the boat's details here: Sailing Mamo | SV Mamo
For more details please contact me.

Thank you.
paulopinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 20:31   #2

Re: St.Thomas to Miami

I thought I replied...excuse the repeat...

I'm available after May 13. SF Bay sailor with Blue Water and chartering experience. ASA 101, 103, 104, 105, 114, 119 certifications. Estimated time for the passage?

Single Male 57 yo, energetic, enthusiastic and fit. Great references.

Tom

TWCrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 16:00   #3

Hi Paul,
My wife and I will be in St Thomas on May 9, having just completed skippering a bareboat charter in the BVIs. Was planning to fly back to Miami, but would rather sail it. We have flexibility. If you still need someone to help, we would be trilled.

Jim Von Ehr
jpvonehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 16:31   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

I have done this trip twice via the old bahama channel. Talk about a sweet ride. Wind right up the butt. Nothing but a big floppy jenny set. Easy peasy !!!!
CharlesFCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 18:50   #5

Boat: Scanmar 33

Hello Paulo, private message sent.

Safe Passage!
Jmttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 12:04   #6

Boat: Allied Princess 36'

Thanks for all that replied. The trip may be cancelled since I'm seriously considering leaving the boat in the islands and come down for another season next year. If anything changes I will let you know.
Thanks again.
paulopinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 08:12   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulopinto View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for 1-2 crew members to sail from St. Thomas or Puerto Rico to Miami departing anytime now to early May. My wife and daughter are not coming so I would like some help for the long passages. It is a non-payed position for someone that wants to gain sailing experience and enjoy the trip via the Bahamas islands.
The boat's expenses will be covered by me but I expect the crew to chip in for groceries.
You can see the boat's details here: Sailing Mamo | SV Mamo
For more details please contact me.

Thank you.
Paulo,
Just joined the Cruisers Forum, mainly to look for sailing opportunities. After looking through a number of them, your post was the most like the type of crew help I am looking to do.
Do not have much sailing experience, but a lot of practical experience through 35 years of all the assorted power plant jobs I performed. Retired almost 4 years now, and with 4 sailing certificates, and one delivery crewed from Buffalo, NY to Duluth, MN on a 46' Pan Oceanic, could be a n extra set of hands and eyes IF you are still looking for crew to bring MAMO back home.
Please let me know if you are still looking, when you're planning the return, and if you think I could be of assistance.
Foxwantstosail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miami