Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2020, 08:23   #1

Boat: Switch 55
St Augustine to NC or Chesapeake Bay

It's time to get further north for the season. My insurance wants us to be upper NC or north till Nov., so we need to move on. We would like to leave next weekend or shortly after. Not really on a tight schedule, so we may do a mix of short hops and some overnighters. We are just waiting out the pandemic, so we have as much time as we feel is needed.

The boat is a Switch 55 luxury performance catamaran, well equipped for a circumnavigation. She is rigged for short handed sailing with electric winches, windlass, furling head sails and lazy jacks on the main. We have available a single cabin with queen size berth.

We are a retired couple with extensive sailing experience. We are both physically fit, but feeling our age.

You are a fit able bodied sea person or two who has some sailing experience and can keep watch offshore at night as needed and understands the basics of navigation and systems. Looking for low drama and flexible souls, as we are not on a tight schedule and need others to be flexible as well. A couple would be fine, or two people who can share a cabin as needed. We have been sheltering at home on the boat for 3 months and are hoping for someone concious of social distancing and safety while ashore. No smoking, heavy drinkers or druggies allowed.

We will provide food and sleeping accommodations. You should provde transportation to and from the boat, personal sfety gear, and anything you need while off the boat.
Fantazia55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 18:52   #2

Boat: Hunter 460 44'3"
Re: St Augustine to NC or Chesapeake Bay

Not sure if our schedules are compatible but I’d enjoy the sailing if it can be worked out. I live in Virginia Beach, VA and own a Hunter 460. I am a retired US Navy officer and have made several sailing trips to & from east coast & Caribbean. Low drama, physically fit and love sailing. Give me a calll or text if interested.
Rob Williams
757-639-6672
Soldout2sailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 19:18   #3

I'm committed until late June, but I'd really like to crew for you sometime.

I live a couple hours south of St Augustine in Melbourne Beach.

The first time took my family on bareboat charter was in the Grenadines in spring of 2009. There was a Switch boat rally that coincided with our trip - and our itinerary lined up with theirs.

I fell in love with the boats. I'd love to own one.
dsteinwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 08:57   #4

Boat: Gemini MC105 34

I would love to join you and have experience on cats and I’m in the market to buy my first cat currently. I am very easy to get along. Definitely have a contained ego and I absolutely recognize that the captain is the captain.
My only restriction is the week of July 4 I plan on being in North Carolina with my family. Let’s discuss dates and get introduced, give me a call at 678-777-8905
Thank you, landlocked Michael
Wreckless Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 18:01   #5

I am interested in being part of your crew. I am in AZ and can fly to you. Call 646-874-1110
Fallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 19:07   #6

Hi, STCW Bareboat cruising, health cert, never sailed a cat, would be pleased to come aboard
visionsinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 14:10   #7

Boat: Switch 55

A friend came along, we motored for two days, then had good SW winds(15-30kts.) and sailed the last day and a half, top speed 15.6, averaging around 11. We went on to Norfolk because we could.
Total time for trip, a little over 3 days, with some assist from the gulfstream at 3 or 4 knots for a couple of days. Had we tracked the gulfstream better and had the bottom cleaned right b efore leaving, we could have been faster.
Fantazia55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 14:39   #8

Pretty quick. That current sure helped!Let me know if you need anything. Cheers
visionsinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:19   #9

Still looking for help?
Mayagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chesapeake bay