Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2019, 16:06   #1

Boat: Downeast, Cutter, 32
SF to SD

Hello all,
So, where to begin? Jumpin off the cliff... made an accepted offer (third boat). This boat is in SF... Haven't had the survey done yet but think she will fly. I'm looking to get her down to SD late Aug. or early Sept.
So, where to start... Its a race down the coast... JK, DE32, slow and stable.
Me: Forth generation pilot, aircraft mechanic and inspector. I can fix most anything. Open and honest, Further details upon request.
ISO: Reasonable to great crew, understand the dynamics... experienced in overnight... I have little. I won't say "dry" boat but NO drinking or drugs b4 or while on watch, period. Willing to cover some of your costs and may consider offering an airplane ride (return flight)?
Ok... here we go, let the banter begin! (Not sure what to expect).
REgards,
Jer
airacer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:52   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: SF to SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by airacer25 View Post
Hello all,
So, where to begin? Jumpin off the cliff... made an accepted offer (third boat). This boat is in SF... Haven't had the survey done yet but think she will fly. I'm looking to get her down to SD late Aug. or early Sept.
So, where to start... Its a race down the coast... JK, DE32, slow and stable.
Me: Forth generation pilot, aircraft mechanic and inspector. I can fix most anything. Open and honest, Further details upon request.
ISO: Reasonable to great crew, understand the dynamics... experienced in overnight... I have little. I won't say "dry" boat but NO drinking or drugs b4 or while on watch, period. Willing to cover some of your costs and may consider offering an airplane ride (return flight)?
Ok... here we go, let the banter begin! (Not sure what to expect).
REgards,
Jer
Yo! I’m up in OR, I’m a fit 72 yr old with 45 yrs of sailing experience 5000 miles of offshore experience most since 2008. Does the boat have all the safety equipment necessary for offshore, nighttime sailing? Does she have AIS, radar? Is the engine functioning properly? How is the sail inventory? Will there be more than 2 onboard? If not, what watch schedule will you use?
Thnx
robmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 17:25   #3

Boat: 1976 Fantasia35 Mk I

Hi Airacer25,

I’ve done some deliveries up and down the West coast so I’d be interested in crewing for you. Email me and let’s talk particulars.
Pukakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 17:49   #4

Hello,
Please pm your e-mail and I’ll openly reply.
Regards,
Jer
Old 06-08-2019, 18:36   #5

Boat: Beneteau 373

I live in SF/Bay Area. Have a 37' sailboat in Alameda. Done the bash twice as crew. Know SD harbor. Hard worker. No drugs, no alcohol on board. No health issues. Done all kind of watches. I'm the guy you want on board if/when shtf. Work for free cause its fun. Hit me up on PM.
oslokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 15:25   #6

Airacer25,
Thank you for posting this. I have some questions and comments.
Can you give more info about your boat (make, size, key gear?). Depending on your schedule, I could help equipped your vessel for this trip if needed (AIS, radar,etc)…basically what robmo asked.
What are you planned dates?

Me: 51yr novice sailor, partially retired and looking to get more experience before I purchase and set out for several years of cruising with a friend in 2021. Very hard working and able for most sailing conditions. Cook, clean, plays guitar, self-funded.
dbusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 17:43   #7

Hi Airacer,
Are you still looking for crew?
I am in SF and might be interested in joining you.
I'm an excellent cook and have some blue water experience.
Please sent me a note.
Cheers,
Christian
Thordal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 09:35   #8

Just an update,
Boat has been hauled, scrubbed and surveyed, waiting for the report but so far it looks good. Bought a tender, sewing machine, canvas and lol, fid's.

I still don't have a finger on the timeline and will need to do some offshore prep and repairs.

As far as crew, I have one committed and am in discussion with him as to how many we think we might need.

Thank you all...
Old 23-08-2019, 09:16   #9

Hola,

I'll be in SF area over Labor Day weekend, then flying back to AZ If you don't have confirmed crew by then let me know. In 2014 my wife and I moved our Catalina 42 from SF to SD. Then did the Baja Ha Ha and spent 2 winters living in the Sea of Cortez. Muy bueno.

barnpaul
barnpaul is offline   Reply With Quote