Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2021, 08:13   #1

SF Bay Area & Santa Cruz racing/cruising

Greetings,
Crewing opportunities have shrunk with Covid, and I'm looking for a responsible, stable (or inoculated) bubble, either for racing or weekend-ish cruises (currently limited by work for longer passages, although it's my goal). I'm also interested in helping out with repairs or outfitting a vessel if the ask is fair (looking to learn, not to polish the brightwork). Some fiberglass experience, minor repairs, lots of youtube and pier talk.

About me:

Born and raised in Argentina, I started sailing dinghies at Cal Sailing Club in Berkeley CA a couple years ago, where I'm still active. Some keelboat experience as crew in local races (Olson 25, J24), besides leisure sailing in the bay and Santa Cruz. I'm 34, in good shape, responsibly laid back, on the quiet side. Like most folks looking to crew, will put up with almost anything except non-stop loudspeakers. Some music is ok but I rather hear the ocean, and keep communications clear. I look up to Dumas and Moitessier, if that helps with the portrait.

Perks: hobbyist cook and farmer, I usually bring food to share.

Let me know if I'm missing something skippers would like to know.

Many thanks,
Sebastian
aguablanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:59   #2
LBL

Re: SF Bay Area & Santa Cruz racing/cruising

It is time to start up sailing again now that I am double vaccinated. I have not been out with regular crew for 4 months. I have a J105 and I am looking for another crew member to add to the team. In 4 months the team has splintered to other things like skiing. We have a race coming up on the city front 3/20 and 3/21 and we need crew. (likely foredeck). Can you join us?
Larry
LBL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, racing, sf bay, santa cruz