Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2021, 16:30   #1

Seeking one Crew

I set off from Annapolis, MD in late November and headed down the ICW. Currently in Jacksonville, FL headed to the Keys, then east or west Caribbean, and eventually through the Panama Canal. Looking for like minded, wanderlust souls looking for an adventure on a sturdy Hallberg Rassy Monsun 31' sailboat. A keen sense of small sailboat living is a must! Please reach out if you are interested or might know someone. Thanks! Craig
Daleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 16:43   #2

Boat: Bristol 27 #182, MystereS 17' Catamaran #531
Send a message via Skype™ to EarlWer
Re: Seeking one Crew

PM sent.
Old 23-01-2021, 06:06   #3

Hi

Are you still looking?

I’m interested in a new adventure

I am a 62yr old Englishman. I grew up racing dinghies in Morecambe Bay. Since I have sailed the Atlantic, the North Sea a couple of times and have crewed on numerous English Channel RORC races.

I am an adventurer. In my youth I played rugby (International Norway) In the last 10 years I have swam the English Channel (as part of a relay team) raced the Mongolian Derby (1,000km horse race) Cape Epic (800km mountain bike race) Putt Foot Rally, 6 Southern Africa countries, 11,000kms (in a 1970 Beach Buggy)

I’m fit, a good cook and a fair conversationalist with a couple of stories to tell on the late watch.

Holed up in Cape Town for the pandemic but now have itchy feet and need another adventure

If I tick your boxes I can be reached email paul_chew@hotmail.con or what’s app me +27 076 859 3955
PaulCCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:44   #4

Hi Craig, hello! I'm new to sailing but eager to learn (growing up in Michigan, I have spent plenty of time on the water, but never learned to sail myself). I'm energetic, early riser, don't get seasick, nonsmoker, no drugs, and drink only one beer or glass of wine once in a while. I lift weights and do strength and endurance yoga (I just finished a 30 day Bikram challenge!), meditation, and I'm actually a certified yoga teacher. Great cook and I love to do it. I've traveled all over the world, and travel VERY light. I'm friendly, and like to do tasks and do them well, and very handy after spending 11+ years renovating houses with my own two hands in Detroit. Lots of experience working on teams and living closely with others, very mature, very flexible. I can contribute to shared costs at a modest rate if needed. Looking for experience, adventure, warm weather, beaches, and to learn and contribute! vbaedling at gmail com

P.S. available and in Florida in February - ready to go!
voltarine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew