Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-11-2021, 07:51   #1

Seeking Non-platonic Female Crew for Inside/Outside ICW Southbound Trip (NC south)

Hi all!

I'm currently single handing my way down the east coast of the US with my sights set on somewhere in Florida that is warm. I left from the Narragansett Bay, and will be in South Carolina in one to two days, so the hard parts are over!

My entire sailing career has been single handed, and I do just fine with it. So I'm not looking to rush any crew on board. I do not need the physical help. I do not want to find myself with someone I don't want on my boat. But something about not having someone to share the experience with seems to make it a little less rich. Putting up this post on the long shot hope of finding someone of a similar mind who would like to cruise with me and my dogs. I'm looking for anything more than a few weeks, but I don't have a planned sunset for anyone who comes aboard. It's for as long as everyone finds it fun.

Me: 36 year old male. 5' 11". I don't smoke or drink. I don't judge people who do. I don't have children. Never married. Robotic/optical Engineer on a sabbatical. I'm very handy, I refit the boat, and can fix just about anything. I have two dogs, on the boat. Easy going guy, just enjoying life. Hoping to find a kind woman to enjoy life with. I got sick of working so I worked really really hard to get this boat together and put myself in the position to be a bum on a boat.

Lilly: the dog in the dinghy with me. 13 year old beagle mixed with awesome who has a zest for life. She's a survivor of a herniated disc, and at one time was paralyzed because of it but has made a full recovery. A true badass, she has hiked 60% grade trails on the Appalachian trail, swims, hunts bugs, rides kayaks, motorcycles, everything. Silent. Not mute, but she just doesn't make noise.

Carlin: the redhead eyeing the bird on the push pit. He's a four year old hound-deer cross who went back for seconds when they were handing out legs. Not the sharpest tack, he gets by on his good looks. Regularly pacing right off the front deck of the dinghy into the water, he's a funny handful that loves everyone. He's fairly quiet, but pipes up at appropriate times for guard dogue. No one ever catches me by surprise coming up to the boat.

Boat: Cailín, Irish for "girl". 1979 Cape Dory 27. I've refit her over the last two seasons to cover a myriad of safety and performance maintenance or upgrades, as well as all of the bright work and refinishing and reupholstering the interior. She's a well founded boat, with a seakindly design, ready for adventuring. This isn't a refit in motion, she's in good trim. I think she is truly beautiful, and she makes my heart go pitter-patter.

You: Nice. Kind. I love dogs, and tolerate cats and children, but realistically there is only room for you on Cailín. The boat is a pocket cruiser, so, sorry... Again, nice, kind, good person - like - for real.

Thanks for taking the time to read
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0921211201.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	248387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2053986489_2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	248388  

Name:	1628000910005.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	406.9 KB
ID:	248389   Click image for larger version

Name:	1112211705.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	248390  

Name:	IMG_20210922_155519.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	248391   Click image for larger version

Name:	collage1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	248392  

Name:	0418211458.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	248393  
Atcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 17:07   #2

Boat: never mind...
Re: Seeking Non-platonic Female Crew for Inside/Outside ICW Southbound Trip (NC south

Try LoveSail
iSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 06:59   #3

Re: Seeking Non-platonic Female Crew for Inside/Outside ICW Southbound Trip (NC south

Bump. Fernandia beach as of 12/15.
Atcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, icw