Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2021, 06:49   #1

Post Seeking Non-platonic Female Crew for Inside/Outside ICW Southbound Trip

Hi all!

I'm currently single handing my way down the east coast of the US with my sights set on Florida I guess. Just warm. I've already made the jump across most of the Jersey-New York bight, and should be transiting the CD canal sometime this week.

My entire sailing career has been single handed, and I do just fine with it. So I'm not looking to rush any crew on board. I do not need the physical help. I do not want to find myself with someone I don't want on my boat But something about not having someone to share the experience with seems to make it a little less rich. Putting up this post on the long shot hope of finding someone of a similar mind who would like to cruise with me and my dogs.

Me: 36 year old male. 5' 11". I don't smoke or drink. I don't judge people who do. I don't have children. Never married. Engineer on a sabbatical. I have two dogs, on the boat. Easy going guy, just enjoying life on my small boat. Hoping to find a kind woman to enjoy life with. I got sick of working so I worked really really hard to get this boat together and put myself in the position to be a bum on a boat.

Lilly: the dog in the dinghy with me. 13 year old beagle mixed with awesome who has a zest for life. She's a survivor of a herniated disc, and at one time was paralyzed because of it but has made a full recovery. A true badass, she has hiked 60% grade trails on the Appalachian trail, swims, hunts bugs, rides kayaks, motorcycles, everything. Silent. Not mute, but she just doesn't make noise.

Carlin: the redhead eyeing the bird on the push pit. He's a four year old hound-deer cross who went back for seconds when they were handing out legs. Not the sharpest tack, he gets by on his good looks. Regularly pacing right off the front deck of the dinghy into the water, he's a funny handful that loves everyone. He's fairly quiet, but pipes up at appropriate times for guard dogue. No one ever catches me by surprise coming up to the boat.

Boat: Cailín, Irish for "girl". 1979 Cape Dory 27. I've refit her over the last two seasons to cover a myriad of safety and performance maintenance or upgrades, as well as all of the bright work and refinishing and reupholstering the interior. She's a well founded boat, with a seakindly design, ready for adventuring. This isn't a refit in motion, she's in good trim. I think she is truly beautiful, and she makes my heart go pitter-patter.

You: Nice. Kind. I love dogs, and tolerate cats and children, but realistically there is only room for you on Cailín. The boat is a pocket cruiser, so, sorry... Again, nice, kind, good person - like - for real.

Thanks for taking the time to read
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210922_155519.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	245972   Click image for larger version

Name:	1628000910005.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	245973  

Name:	Snapchat-2053986489~2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	245974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210922_155511.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	245975  

Name:	0921211201.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	245981  
Atcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 07:42   #2

Re: Seeking Non-platonic Female Crew for Inside/Outside ICW Southbound Trip

I just realized the title might be a little misleading. I'm not looking for companionship just for the sobo trip. Looking for a girlfriend to cruise with for as long as we both find it agreeable.
Old 25-10-2021, 14:16   #3

Bump. North Carolina currently.
Old 25-10-2021, 14:34   #4

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

I'm a guy - but we'd get along great. The non-platonic part's a deal-breaker for me though.

I'd put profiles on the various dating sites - add some current and fun looking photos, and keep your present/next physical location updated. Can't hurt. Live the adventure and have an open attitude. New winds bring change. Good luck & have fun-
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2021, 14:39   #5
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Seeking Non-platonic Female Crew for Inside/Outside ICW Southbound Trip

Hmm , one paragraph on the man , two on the dogs, one on the boat. The dogs are currently selling themselves better then either the other two IMHO
Old 25-10-2021, 15:03   #6

Boat: Volkscruiser

Atcowboy good to read an interesting post. You might need to mention that the lady must not mind making love in front of an audience. 27 feet is not going to give you much privacy from 2 dogs and l would not be surprised if they got a little jealous and ruined your plans!
Cheers
Fore and Aft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2021, 15:36   #7

The Dog / Bird picture was worth the price of admission.
Baltic2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, icw