Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2019, 17:58   #1

Location: My boat is in the Sea of Cortez but I live in Duluth Minnesota when not living aboard
Boat: Ta Chiao . Fantasia 35 . MK II
Seeking an extra hand to help sail my 35’ sailboat from La Paz to Guaymas, Mexico

Seeking volunteer crew to join me for a few days sail from La Paz up to Guaymas. I plan to travel by day and anchor each night. The exception being an overnight crossing to Guaymas for a mid morning arrival. My van is at the Guaymas Boatyard and after a couple days staying on the boat or van I’ll be driving back to the USA. Crew would be welcome to join me. I’m willing to drive you to a a travel hub not too far off my route...which is back to Duluth, Minnesota. If you prefer to return to La Paz I’m willing to cover those costs. Tentative departure is soon.. May 25.
Isle Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 00:15   #2

Re: Seeking an extra hand to help sail my 35’ sailboat from La Paz to Guaymas, Mexico

Hey Isle,

I currently live in Loreto just up the road from La Paz, have no useful sailing experience but I do have a strong back and am a fast learner. If that sounds helpful to you then I am game. I could catch the ferry back from Guyamas to Santa Rosalia and then bus it back to Loreto or have my wife come pick me up.

I recently started snooping around Puerto Escondido looking at old used boats to try and learn on, would love to come along and give you a hand/gain some experience.

I actually just opened this account today to look through classifieds and came across your post.

This is my wife and I's facebook page where we have logged our travels by land from Alaska to Argentina, we've done plenty of traveling by vehicle but want to sink our teeth into a new challenge via the sea.

https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/

Anyway, let me know what ya think!

-James
defrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 11:08   #3

Re: Seeking an extra hand to help sail my 35’ sailboat from La Paz to Guaymas, Mexico

if you need extra hand, just let me know about it. but, I am ask for a paid position,
kind regards
Fortaleza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 22:08   #4

Location: My boat is in the Sea of Cortez but I live in Duluth Minnesota when not living aboard

Hi James,
I just now noticed this response to my post.. and a second one. I thought I’d get an email if I had a response but I never saw one?.. I came to delete my post as I’m set on crew. I decided to hire a local guy who has helped others and he’s good with diesel trouble shooting Diesel engine problems. And we have found a few diesel problems so delayed. I think we will end up heading out tomorrow finally. I think I’ve already stumbled upon your Facebook page. I’ll say hi there too.
John
Old 26-05-2019, 22:09   #5

Sorry.. I’m set on crew.

Tags
boat, la paz, Mexico, sail, sailboat