Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 17:46   #1

Boat: 29' Gaff Cutter
Sailing south to Panama a step at a time

I have been sailing my 30 gaff cutter down the coast from Anacortes, Wa. since September of 2018. Found a great crew member on this site who accompanied me from San Francisco to Oceanside Ca. Then crewed again from Oceanside to Cabo San Lucas and on to La Paz. And most recently from Mazatlan to Puerto Vallerta. Full time work has curtailed his ability to crew for a while, thus am looking for a new person or persons to accompany me for legs or the balance of the journey to Panama. My requirements are not complicated. I need a person who is willing to stand watches, help with chores, and enjoy the journey. We're a small boat so someone is comfortable with tight quarters is important. My next leg of the journey will begin in a few weeks from Puerto Vallerta to Ixtapa/Manzinillo. It will be a sail of approximately 350 miles and commence approximately February 27 - 29 from Puerto Vallerta. There will be another passage in March, April, and May. I plan to bring a 3rd crew member aboard if at all possible as watches are appreciably easy with a 3rd person.
If you feel this is something that might interest you please let me know. Male or female is no issue. I am happily married to a woman who is not comfortable with ocean passages, but loves to spend time aboard between passages in calm weather.
Please let me know if this is of interest.
Richard
richbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 15:07   #2

Re: Sailing south to Panama a step at a time

If you are still looking for crew please contact me at:
DeerWood9323@Yahoo.com
Mark Rehwaldt
Sailingsailor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 14:48   #3

Re: Sailing south to Panama a step at a time

Hi Richard, if you need an experienced sailor with 3 Atlantic crossing and 40.000 nautical miles, please let me know. Virgilio.pellegrino@gmail.com
Virgilio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Panama, sail, sailing