Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2018, 13:23   #1

Boat: Bavaria 37c 2006 model
Ria de Vigo to Gibralta

We are looking for crew to join us for our onward journeys down to Gibraltar. The intention is to undertake this as number of legs in and around the Spanish Rias and Portugal etc…on our way down to Gibraltar. The legs split up into approx 10-12 day slots:

Leg 1: - Have a leisurely sail around the stunning coast line of Ria de Vigo (Spain) to Porto (Portugal). Allow circa 2 weeks.

Leg 2: - Porto (Portugal) down the Atlantic Coast to Lisbon. This is a circa 180 nm with at least 1 night sail. Allow approx 10 days, as time and weather permitting, we shall visit Nazare, Peniche and Cascais on route to Lisbon.

Leg 3: - Lisbon to Cadiz (The Algarve) 260 nm. This will include possibly two, one night sails. Allow 2 weeks.

Leg 4: Cadiz to Gibraltar allow approximately 1 week.

Timings are approximate and given merely as a guide, as it may be possible to hop on and off at other ports if required.

When - Leg 1 – 3rd & 4th week of August
Leg 2 – 1st & 2nd week of September
Leg 3 – 4th week Sept & 1st week October
Leg 4 – 3rd week of October

If you have more time you may continue with us on our adventure to the Med.

Who - looking for 1 – 2 additional crew (couples welcome), must enjoy being on board, be a team player and have some sailing experience – minimum competent crew or equivalent and capable of standing watch, most important is sense of humour and getting on with others.

Costs - shared marina, food and fuel costs. All travel to and from boat is your own responsibility as is medical and travel insurance etc…
wanabe cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:44   #2

Re: Ria de Vigo to Gibralta

Hi guys,

I am planning to be in Europe near the end of August, but could come earlier if this sail is a good fit for both of us. I just crewed a PDQ 32 from Texas to Cancun crossing the Gulf of Mexico in 6 days straight then 3 days coastal motosails to get around the peninsula. Please send me a Private message to discuss the trip more. Thanks Brad (42 yr, Canadian, Engineer, Spanish speaker)
bacougle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 21:49   #3

Boat: Precision P-18, Catalina 30
Re: Ria de Vigo to Gibralta

Sounds terrific. I'm interested in legs 3 and 4! Such a great trip. I tried to PM you, but no luck. Can you PM me?

American, former executive, ASA certified, good cook, guitar player. Have crewd on boats 15' to 105', so still have plenty to learn...

- Tim
Spring-Fever is offline   Reply With Quote