Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2019, 14:35   #1

retired commercial sailboat skipper; cats and monos.

I have the time and experience if you have the boat!

Sailing yacht skipper with commercial qualifications now retired available from October 2019.

I sold my last boat a Fountain Pajot 46 cat in mexico and I am missing the ocean! I hope to offer you my experience to help you with your ocean crossing, rally, regatta, assisted passage, vacation , delivery or extended cruising. 9 -24 metres cat or monohull.

I am a fit fifty something looking for sailing opportunities to get out on the water. Not looking necessarily to get paid but don't expect to contribute financially, offering instead my time, experience and qualifications.

I ran a crewed and catered yacht charter business from 2003 until 2014 when my wife and I departed from the Middle East bound for South America for a 2 year liveaboard extended cruise. I have skippered and owned yachts from 26 to 60 feet, Monos and Cats and covered about 50000 miles including Ocean crossings. I have extensive knowledge of the Med and Caribbean as well as rallies including the ARC.

I hold a Master of yachts 200gt and RYA yachtmaster ticket I am a great cook and also a musician. I am a non smoker and have no special dietary requirements

I am currently in Europe in southern France; Palma, Antibes, Brittany Barcelona all driving distance and the rest of the Med and UK only a few hours away but willing to fly anywhere including the Americas or Far east! We come as a couple if additional crew are required.

Lets email and or Skype to discuss the possibilities.
CatCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 14:52   #2

Boat: Lagoon 421
Re: retired commercial sailboat skipper; cats and monos.

I have a 2000 mile trip coming up in October. I need crew to get from St. Lucia to the US east coast. PM me if interested.
tpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 19:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuckett View Post
I have a 2000 mile trip coming up in October. I need crew to get from St. Lucia to the US east coast. PM me if interested.
Thanks for thinking of me but i don't sail the Caribbean in the hurricane season these days. Good luck.
Old 28-02-2020, 03:50   #4

Hi I just bought a lagoon 40 in Hyeres France 2018 model and have no sailing experience,I am needing someone to teach me the ropes.So I am looking for a qualified person to take charge and teach my wife and I to sail until we are comfortable to take over...would this interest you?
Anton Dahlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 03:53   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Anton.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 04:00   #6

Thanks Gord.

I hope this is the correct platform to look for someone?I have looked into doing the sailing courses,ASA and RYA but think the best training you can get will be hands on,as I do not need a certificate for charter,we decided to take the plunge and sell everything to see if cruising lifestyle is something we can adapt to,but we are completely wet behind the ears,and want to do things safely.
Anton Dahlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 05:13   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dahlmann View Post
Hi I just bought a lagoon 40 in Hyeres France 2018 model and have no sailing experience,I am needing someone to teach me the ropes.So I am looking for a qualified person to take charge and teach my wife and I to sail until we are comfortable to take over...would this interest you?
Hi Anton i have sent you a private message, Simon
Old 02-07-2020, 12:09   #8

Boat: Colvic Victor 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCouple View Post
I have the time and experience if you have the boat!

Sailing yacht skipper with commercial qualifications now retired available from October 2019.

I sold my last boat a Fountain Pajot 46 cat in mexico and I am missing the ocean! I hope to offer you my experience to help you with your ocean crossing, rally, regatta, assisted passage, vacation , delivery or extended cruising. 9 -24 metres cat or monohull.

I am a fit fifty something looking for sailing opportunities to get out on the water. Not looking necessarily to get paid but don't expect to contribute financially, offering instead my time, experience and qualifications.

I ran a crewed and catered yacht charter business from 2003 until 2014 when my wife and I departed from the Middle East bound for South America for a 2 year liveaboard extended cruise. I have skippered and owned yachts from 26 to 60 feet, Monos and Cats and covered about 50000 miles including Ocean crossings. I have extensive knowledge of the Med and Caribbean as well as rallies including the ARC.

I hold a Master of yachts 200gt and RYA yachtmaster ticket I am a great cook and also a musician. I am a non smoker and have no special dietary requirements

I am currently in Europe in southern France; Palma, Antibes, Brittany Barcelona all driving distance and the rest of the Med and UK only a few hours away but willing to fly anywhere including the Americas or Far east! We come as a couple if additional crew are required.

Lets email and or Skype to discuss the possibilities.
Hello,
We read your message with interest.
We are a married couple living aboard a 50 ft Colvic Victor Sail yacht.
We are looking to sail from Plymouth in the UK to Corfu in Greece, within the next few days, weather permitting.
We are looking for someone to join us to help us get there, either all the way, or from Plymouth to anywhere between Plymouth and Corfu!
My Husband, Kevin, is Australian and I am English, with an Australian twist!
Many thanks for looking!
Nic
Hawkeye118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 23:51   #9

Hi Nic, thanks for your message. No worries, I have sailed many times with Aussies on board... :-) I am committed to a trek in the pyrenees next week so I guess that counts me out. If you need help later in the month from Spain Portugal or Gibraltar let me know. Fair winds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye118 View Post
Hello,
We read your message with interest.
We are a married couple living aboard a 50 ft Colvic Victor Sail yacht.
We are looking to sail from Plymouth in the UK to Corfu in Greece, within the next few days, weather permitting.
We are looking for someone to join us to help us get there, either all the way, or from Plymouth to anywhere between Plymouth and Corfu!
My Husband, Kevin, is Australian and I am English, with an Australian twist!
Many thanks for looking!
Nic

Tags
adriatic, ARC 2020, ARC+, assisted passage, biscay, boat, captain, Caribbean, catamaran, commercial, cruise, delivery, med, monohull, NWP, sail, sailboat, skipper