Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2021, 16:16   #1

Seeking a crew opportunity

Hello Cruisers Forum, Im currently a live in handy man here in Melbourne FL. Im ready to sail back down to the Bahamas or south of there. I’ve sailed all through the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, the DR, Haiti, Jamaica, and Cuba on our 30 ft ketch.. I had my captains license but I let it expire. I’m a good skipper, engine repair, cook, and easy going laid back dude. Please get in touch if you know of any crew opportunities heading out from the East coast of FL. Thank you and happy sails!!’
DickieHaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2021, 16:25   #2

Boat: Boatless
Re: Seeking a crew opportunity

COVID vaccinated?

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
s/v Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2021, 16:27   #3

Nope, I’d never take that crap. Thanks anyway.
Old 14-06-2021, 18:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Moondancer View Post
COVID vaccinated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickieHaskell View Post
Guess not quite so easy-going and laid back...

LW77
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2021, 19:43   #5

Boat: Sabre 34II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickieHaskell View Post
LOL

Funny thing is - YOU are requesting an opportunity to travel on someone else’s boat, and rather than oblige respectfully with possibly the most important concern that a stranger may have in current times you reply with the above. Bravo, not difficult to see how well you can get along with others.
Knotical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 02:41   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Dickie.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 07:50   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, jebrant.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 08:15   #8

I guess Ive found the wrong community or need to stick to getting back on my own boat. I think the world has gone ****ing mad and is so full ******** like you who want to divide and conqueror over lies that you except which are spoon feed to you by very evil people who want to control you. Why the hell would I inject something into my body that these lethal big phama companies are polluting the masses with? Nano bots, genetic modification. Thats sounds great! Just like the opioid crisis, your vaccers are in for some serious consequences. If there are any sane sailors left who want to get the hell away from this population crazies, please get in touch. Its worth taking your abuse in case there is someone here that I need to connect with.
Old 15-06-2021, 08:32   #9

Boat: McCurdy & Rhodes Custom 46

Wow. Just wow.
dfelsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 08:41   #10

Looking for an awesome crew opportinity bound for the tropics.

Non Vaccinated ( never never never would take something into my body designed to slowly kill me) , non believer in the mainstream narrative of C19 individual looking for a crew position on a vessel bound for the tropics. Ive held a 80 ton master of inland waters certificate ( expired) Ive sailed my 30 ft ketch rig from Va to FL on the ICW and know the rules of the road. I know how to navigate and plot positions on chats. I know how to work on Diesels and gas engines. I know how to wire up 12 volt systems. I can do fiber glass and wood repairs. I can repair rigging and clean the hull and top sides. Im a hell of good chef and play a little guitar and hand drums. I know how to rig baits for offshore trolling. Ive made ports of call throughout the Bahamas, Turks and Cacos, the Dr, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands Cuba and the FL keys. Ive sailed that same vessel from the Chesapeake bay to the Azores and onward to Portugal ( Algarve Coast). Ive sailed to Tangier and up the Spanish Mediterranean coast. I enjoy a couple IPAs and a little 420 when its appropriate. Im a vegetarian except for ocean caught seafood but dont care if you eat meat. Im planning on relocating to the tropics. I have a passport, valid DL and a vehicle. If you are a vaccer, please dont bother me with your hateful ********. Looking for a no drama, likes to have fun and do a great job of keeping up our ship type of crew. my cell is 7609081664. Thanks for getting in touch my calling me if you want to get to know me. Currently a live in handyman in Melbourne FL. Dickie Check out my channel on YT to get a feel for who I am. Youtube.com/dickiehaskell
Old 15-06-2021, 08:43   #11

Ready to Sail with stellar crew

Non Vaccinated ( never never never would take something into my body designed to slowly kill me) , non believer in the mainstream narrative of C19 individual looking for a crew position on a vessel bound for the tropics. Ive held a 80 ton master of inland waters certificate ( expired) Ive sailed my 30 ft ketch rig from Va to FL on the ICW and know the rules of the road. I know how to navigate and plot positions on chats. I know how to work on Diesels and gas engines. I know how to wire up 12 volt systems. I can do fiber glass and wood repairs. I can repair rigging and clean the hull and top sides. Im a hell of good chef and play a little guitar and hand drums. I know how to rig baits for offshore trolling. Ive made ports of call throughout the Bahamas, Turks and Cacos, the Dr, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands Cuba and the FL keys. Ive sailed that same vessel from the Chesapeake bay to the Azores and onward to Portugal ( Algarve Coast). Ive sailed to Tangier and up the Spanish Mediterranean coast. I enjoy a couple IPAs and a little 420 when its appropriate. Im a vegetarian except for ocean caught seafood but dont care if you eat meat. Im planning on relocating to the tropics. I have a passport, valid DL and a vehicle. If you are a vaccer, please dont bother me with your hateful ********. Looking for a no drama, likes to have fun and do a great job of keeping up our ship type of crew. my cell is 7609081664. Thanks for getting in touch my calling me if you want to get to know me. Currently a live in handyman in Melbourne FL. Dickie Check out my channel on YT to check out a doc we made on our transatlantic passage.https://youtu.be/Jut-hosZXfE
Old 15-06-2021, 09:30   #12

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: Ready to Sail with stellar crew

I've never heard of an 80 ton license, but any unvaccinated person is not welcome on my boats.

I had an interesting conversation with another anti-vaxxer this week. She maintained that because she was a vegetarian that covid was not a problem for her. I told her that 370,000 people in India (80% vegetarian) might consider it a problem for themselves as they died.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 13:00   #13
eje

Boat: Cal 33-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Did you explain that the world is not flat?
:
It's Not??!!
https://www.tfes.org/
eje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 13:18   #14

Boat: Bruce Bingham Christina 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by donradcliffe View Post
I've never heard of an 80 ton license, but any unvaccinated person is not welcome on my boats.

"I enjoy a couple IPAs and a little 420 when its appropriate."
I wouldn't want any weed ("420" reference above) or other drugs of abuse being brought onboard my boat. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but not looking for added hassle/possible boat confiscation if a crew member brought them onboard.
Bill O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2021, 17:17   #15
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joh.Ghurt View Post
Whether people are vaccinated or not make little difference for a passage. For me there are many more important considerations.

However having the vaccination-paper might make a difference when arriving at the destination. For this reason, it might be easier to find a berth with the certificate than without. It's the same for people with no so popular passports.

I don’t take unvaccinated crew or owners aboard. If someone get COVID offshore the risk of death is too high. Not politics just statistics.

Entering most foreign ports, being vaccinated makes clearing in easier and any quarantines shorter. Finally, I never have to worry of the crew will pass any mandatory pre-departure COVID tests needed to approach the destination.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, sail