Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2020, 17:05   #1

Boat: Lagoon,39
Panama to Key West florida

Boat is inColon at Shelter Bay marina on the hard.i will fly down from florida october 15 to panama city then over to Marina ,launch, provision and leave (weather dependent) .Need experienced crew ,will sail straight thru ,possible stop in Grand cayman,Cubu or isla Mujeres .boat is a 39 lagoon Catamaran .thanks
stephenlbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 16:30   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Panama to Key West florida

I have done this route before as master. If you are interested in hiring a master, please email me.

On a coastal powerboat delivery, so will answer the following night. Please include phone number.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 06:49   #3
Freelance Sailboat Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Have done WPB to Shelter Bay as Licensed Mate on a Swan 90, and Captained a Lagoon 38 from Grand Cayman to Miami (and many others). I'll crew for you at a reasonable rate. If you'd be kind enough to send me your email in a DM, I'll forward you my CV and excellent references.
Thank you!
BVIbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 11:17   #4

Boat: Catalina 36 MKII

Able bodied, stable, married, non smoker, sundowner only drinker. Looking to build blue water experience on Cats. I have 20+ years experience in coastal monohull sailing, recently retired and sold my catalina 36 that I sailed in SF bay for the last two years. 30 plus years experience as a electrical engineer. I can fix pretty much anything. Open schedule. I will contribute to food expenses.
Grantsmith6261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 11:40   #5

FYI: At to prospective plans for travel to Panama, Covid-19 restrictions remain rather dynamic and uncertain, with extensions likely due to continued community spread. Presently there are only very limited humanitarian flights available.

On September 24, the Panamanian Ministry of Health confirmed 108,726 cases of COVID-19 in Panama.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Panama due to COVID-19. The State Department has also issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory for Panama. Read the Health Notice and Travel Advisory.

On September 23, the Government of Panama extended the suspension of international commercial passenger flights for an additional 19 days through October 11.  The previous exceptions for cargo, humanitarian, medical supplies, medical evacuation, and vaccines remain in place. Tocumen International Airport continues to operate as a Humanitarian Mini-Hub.

Entry and Exit Requirements:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No
Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes

Entry Requirements:

Currently the Government of Panama is only allowing Panamanian Citizens and Residents to enter Panama. They are providing limited exceptions for emergencies. If you believe you have an urgent need to enter Panama, contact the nearest Panamanian Embassy or a Consulate.
The Government of Panama requires a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of your flight into Panama.
See the Embassy of Panama in Washington D.C. for more information about current entry requirements.

Transportation Options:

Are commercial flights operating? No
Is public transportation operating? Yes
Masks are required any time you leave your home and that includes when using public transportation.

Public Transportation is operating. For information and traveler requirements for the Metro rail system, go to https://www.elmetrodepanama.com. Information on the bus system is available at: https://www.mibus.com.pa.
The Embassy has identified two upcoming humanitarian flights with seats available. Any traveler with the appropriate passport/visa to permit entry into the United States is eligible to purchase a ticket. Travelers should carefully plan their onward travel as hotel options may be limited. Once in the United States, all domestic travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.

The upcoming humanitarian flights are:

October 2 United Airlines flight UA1856 to Houston, TX, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 1:25 p.m.
October 9 United Airlines flight UA1856 to Houston, TX, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 1:25 p.m.
Copa Airlines also confirmed that they will offer seats on multiple flights that transit through Panama as part of Panama’s new “Humanitarian Hub”. Please check directly with Copa for these flight itineraries and availability.

For additional information about these flights and to make reservations, visit the respective websites of the airlines, Copa or United. Flights that appear to be sold out may have openings due to cancellations. Continue checking directly with the airlines for any openings.

Quarantine Information:

Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes
Arriving international travelers are required to quarantine for 14 days and must provide Panamanian authorities with the address where they will quarantine.
The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) requires that ships coming from countries with a confirmed case and with a crew member exhibiting symptoms must notify the ACP at least 30 days before its arrival and of any crew changes within 14 days of arrival. In the event a crew member is a confirmed COVID-19 case, the vessel will not be permitted to transit and must be quarantined for 14 days. Preventative measures for such ships include, but are not limited to:
Boarding of vessels by health authorities in order to investigate any cases.
Use of personal protective equipment, such as masks.
Holding the vessel in quarantine as a precautionary measure.

Movement Restrictions:

Is a curfew in place? Yes
Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
Movement Restrictions:

The curfew is from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, Monday through Friday, with total quarantine from Saturday at 11:00 pm until Monday at 5:00 am, in all provinces except for Bocas del Toro, Colon, and Chiriqui.

In the provinces of Bocas del Toro, Colon, and Chiriqui, total quarantine is from Friday at 7:00 pm until Monday at 5:00 am. There is also a curfew from 7:00 pm until 5:00 am Monday through Thursday.

Anyone leaving their residence must be wearing a mask that covers their nose and mouth. Any individual not wearing a mask is subject to possible detention and fine.
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, key west, Panama