Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 20:19   #1

New sailor looking to gain lots of experience

Hello, im James. Originally from the southern California area, currently in nevada. Yep. Nevada. Not to close to the ocean. Its killing me. My goal in life is to buy a sailboat to liveaboard and try my best to sail the world. But for now i want sea miles and to gain experience with a worthy captain. Im open to full time sailing adventures for a few weeks, to a few years. I'm no chef, but i can cook pretty decent (I'm pretty handy with making a meal out of very little). I do pretty good with mechanical and maintenance things. I'm usually a fast learner and i am not afraid to get dirty and put forth hard work. I don't smoke and i don't drink anymore (dont care if you do) i am a licensed hairstylist,a painter and i have worked in pawnshops with gold and silver, along with almost 10 years driving simi-trucks. I'm a bit of a jack of all trades. I am dedicated to crewing for you and giving my all to sailing and the ocean life.
Catchthewind775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 08:22   #2

Re: New sailor looking to gain lots of experience

Hi,

Not sure if this is for you, but maybe. I am looking for crew to sail my 45' from Salem,MA to Rhode Island, 3-4 days sailing, not much, but you will gain experience.

If you fly in I can pick you from Boston airport and bring you back to Boston.

The time frame is the first window of opportunity after hurricane Maria, i.e the first week of October, conditioned if there is no new hurricane.
B_Hunter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 07:35   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Lagoon 450

LA to La Paz in late November aboard the INNcredible Sea Lodge - a Lagoon 450
captainfitzwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 18:55   #4

Thank you for the reply. Sorryfor my late reply. Unfortunately at this time i have to stay on the west coast to take care of my father who is not doing well.
Catchthewind775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 04:24   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Catchthewind.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, sail