Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 02:33   #1

Boat: 11m Rogers MHsloop
Magnetic to cairns and onwards

Hi i have begun my journey to thursday island. I am in magnetic island and looking for crew to cairns as a try out. This is the golden part of the coast.
simonaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:26   #2
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Magnetic to cairns and onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonaito View Post
Hi i have begun my journey to thursday island. I am in magnetic island and looking for crew to cairns as a try out. This is the golden part of the coast.
G'day simonaito, welcome aboard CF; I see that this is your first post after joining in 2015. Good to see you are now posting

I am not in a position to crew but I would like to kindly suggest you give us a bit more detail, especially about the boat and maybe a little more detail about yourself in order to entice prospective crew mates.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 21:24   #3

Hey Simon

How are you? I'm new to this forum. My name is Kevin, 36yo, french background, I am currently in Brisbane.

I'm in search for crewing opportunity in august 2017. If you need a reliable crew anytime, I am keen.
My plan is very simple: I am actively seeking to find people to sail with, happy to embark anywhere around Australia, and more than happy to share expenses.

I have some experience, have been sailing few times on holidays with my family on the mediterranean sea, and beautiful Turkey's turquoise coast. Did a bit of racing but its not my thing. I also own a hobie cat 14, have fun every weekend.

Let me know
Cheers
_kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 14:01   #4

Boat: 11m Rogers MHsloop

Hi, kevin, i am in cairns for a while and would like to meet and then we can more suitably assess each other. Is this possible? I am effectively already cruising it. Can hang around here or my next port of call will be port douglas then cooktown. Lizard island porland roads. These are all possible places to join the boat
simonaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 14:29   #5

Thank your for your reply, I send you a private message cheers
_kevin is offline   Reply With Quote