Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2021, 16:59   #1

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis, 50
Looking for crew, San Diego to Cabo and from Cabo to Panama

Hi,

I am looking at a late April departure from San Diego and heading to Cabo. I have one crew member as of now and would really like to find crew to meet me in Cabo. I will be heading to La Paz from there and then down to PV. My timeline is flexible and I have no agenda once I leave San Diego. I would like to get to Panama by December at the latest and hopefully get through the canal if possible.

I have a 2012 Benny Oceanis 50. 3 staterooms and 2 heads/ 2 showers and a transom shower. Water maker, life raft, EPIRB, 10ft dinghy, and solar. Safety equip is supplied.

Would like crew to have some skills, but mostly needed for watch and sharing cooking duties.

I am 43, male, and cruising around the world. This is the first leg of the trip.

Thanks
Mare Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 18:32   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds
Re: Looking for crew, San Diego to Cabo and from Cabo to Panama

Good luck with your sail. Please consider that hurricane season starts May 15 for areas north of about 12 degrees or Costa Rico so you should hustle south. I have never been concerned before July 1 nor has my insurance company.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 19:56   #3

Most hurricanes early season head out toward Hawaii anyway...should be gtg...have a great trip!
Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 19:59   #4

We're Karen and Philip, we live in Colorado and would love to talk with you about your crewing opportunity. Attached is our Resume, you can call either one of us any time 720/298-7106 (Karen) 781/784-0102 (Philip).

Karen Larson/Philip Conover, MA
4433 W. Kenyon Avenue
Denver, Colorado 80524
720-298-7106 (Karen)/781-784-0102 (Philip)

Mature, easy-going, reliable couple new to sailing looking for crewing opportunities.

Formal Qualifications

Both Karen and Philip have successfully completed American Sailing Academy courses: ASA 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing, ASA 103 Coastal Cruising, ASA 104 Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 114 Catamarans

Transferable Skills

“Philip is handy to have around. For the last twenty years he has been running his own carpenter/handyman/contractor business. He seems to know how to fix everything. Give him a few hours of down time and he’ll be tinkering with something electrical, or plumbing, or wood or whatever. If you ask him what his secret sauce is he’ll say it’s simply, “do no harm.” If you probe a bit further he’ll tell you his motto: “quality work, competitive price, easy to have around.” He’s physically strong and gets along well with everyone. He’d be a great asset as a crew member.”
Karen

“Karen is first and foremost a mom. She single-handedly raised her son (who is now 32 and has his own son which makes Karen a grandma!) with whom she remains very close. Karen has a very nurturing way about her that just naturally resonates with everybody. Karen also knows how to get results. Her stellar career in sales has seen her earn many promotions and awards. She’s great with managing details and plays well with others. She will be your favorite crew member ever.”
Philip

Other Notable Accomplishments

Philip
BA Sociology, Colorado State University
MA International Administration, School for International Training
MS Mental Health Services, Trinity College
President, Brattleboro Cares
President, Unitarian Church of Sharon
Owner, Home Improvements and Repairs
Rudimentary Spanish
Currently writing his first book, “Dancing for Love, Dancing for Life: The Saturday Night Social Dance Scene”

Karen

Operations Manager
Showroom Manager
First ever “Million Dollar Sales” award
Real Estate Broker
Ski instructor
Dive Master, Roatan Honduras
Dance Instructor

Our favorite hobbies include: social dancing, scuba diving, traveling, and sailing!

Karen and Philip are the crew for you. Let’s go sailing!
karenlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 10:04   #5

Boat: Norseman 400

When you get to La Paz, we can recommend two amazing restaurants! Consistent food quality and service. Not a single case of food borne illness.

Odayaka is a sushi restaurant at Marina Costa Baja. The best sushi and shashimi we've had on the entire west coast of the US and in Mexico.

Mezquite Grill is three blocks off the malecon and walking distance from three marinas, Marina La Paz, Marina Cortez, and Marina Don Jose. They have the most amazing HUGE Filet Tenderloin cooked over mesquite wood. Comes with an amazing potato, fresh salad and bread, all for $450 pesos. ($24 USD.)

Do keep an eye out for hurricanes. Windy.com (ECMWF model) has been the most accurate weather forecast in the Sea.

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hurricanes by Month.pdf (1.22 MB, 51 views)
Sailor647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 20:32   #6

Boat: Lagoon TPI 37'

Wish I could help, Master USCG with many Gulf transits. Several thousand Pacific and atlantic offshore but not available until mid July. If doing crossing to Galapagos or Marquesus, let me know.
sailingchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2021, 06:06   #7

Good morning Cap. I would like to help you, as I have been doing this route many times6, even Panamá Canal crossing, but now I am in Brasil, and I cant afford to pay for my flight.
Kind regards
Sergio
Serbeben66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 20:14   #8

Hello,

I would be interested in crewing and potentially meet you in Cabo. I just crewed a cat last fall from Santa Barbara to La Paz and earlier this year I crewed a boat from Cabo to PV. I'm a male, 38 years old and have been sailing for a couple of years. I've done a bit of traveling through Central America surfing in the past, so I'm a bit familiar. please pm me if interested! thanks, happy sailing
AFramesAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:16   #9

still looking. 636 253 6404 if so
Thecarslot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, Panama, san diego