Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2020, 05:28   #1

Boat: Lunstroo Marwin
Looking for crew. Canaries - Cabo Verde + Cabo Verde Caribbean.

Looking for crew. Departing from Gran Canaria around mid December.

Kairos is a shared cost sailing cooperative. Joining will give you the freedom of sailing without the the commitments.

Looking for crew to join for (trans) atlantic legs. I am looking for crew that has done overnight journeys at sea.
No extensive experience required. Insight and a iron mindset is more important experience and knowledge.
Hope to find people with an open plan, it’s preferred if you want to join the cause for a longer time. Looking for people that have decided already this is what they want. European or other strong passport is preferred. My age is 31(M), looking for people in similar age.

The plan is to venture into the wonders of the pacific this season or the next.

Do you feel this is for you?

Send a message(and find more pics and info) through www.sailingkairos.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	997BF009-05DE-4501-A820-B453D5A56494.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	226240  
Benjamins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:39   #2

Re: Looking for crew. Canaries - Cabo Verde + Cabo Verde Caribbean.

Hi Benjamins,

Im Ernesto, 22, and I’m currently in Mallorca living with my grandma. I finished my studies and my boat license this year in Germany (I have a German passport).

Ever since then I have been looking for an opportunity to go sailing, as I hope to gain as much experience as possible. Right now I admit that I do not know much, only the basics, but I am a quick learner and I am very eager to learn.

I have a monthly budget of around 450€ and to be very honest my only plan for the future is to sail as much as possible. I really have no commitments and am very flexible.

I would be very pleased to hear more from you, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate in contacting me.

Best regards,
Ernesto
eandionwessel@gmail.com
Ernesto98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:06   #3

Boat: Heritage West Indies 36

Is this a paid position or are you looking for volunteers? I'm 36, about 80,000 ocean miles including a circumnavigation as skipper. Currently working as a marine contractor and charter pilot in Bermuda.
DefinitelyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 05:52   #4

Boat: Catalina 270LE, 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyMe View Post
Is this a paid position or are you looking for volunteers? I'm 36, about 80,000 ocean miles including a circumnavigation as skipper. Currently working as a marine contractor and charter pilot in Bermuda.
This is a "you pay" situation. I checked out the website and I think it's pretty reasonable, the cost is less than $700/month to sail with Kairos. It is actually charging for ship maintenance, which is against the policy of cruisers forum, but it's still a reasonable cost and does not seem like a profit-making venture.

I sailed from Thailand to Yemen with a bloke who charged me $20/day for "food, water, and diesel", which comes to $600/mo, back in 2007. I think it a very reasonable price for someone with no experience.

You might be looking for a job that pays, which don't come up as often here. Usually this is shoestring skippers looking for help that won't cost them anything.
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 09:46   #5

Hi !
It is a pleasure to have read your profile and to have the possibility to write to you.

First of all I want to explain a little about myself and my intentions.
I am Argentine, I am 29 years old, I came with my family to live in Spain when I was a 2-year-old girl, I grew up in a large family of 5 more siblings, all wonderful, we always live in nature surrounded by animals.
My professional career to this day has always been focused on helping people who need it most, empowering them and showing them their potential. Fascinates me.
I have always studied related things and have worked with people with mental disabilities, young foreigners, children etc, but also when I needed it, I did not mind dedicating myself to what was available at that time, such as working in a car wash or waitress.

I consider myself a hard-working, disciplined person who does not give up easily when it comes to achieving my goals. Also sociable, friendly, helpful and most importantly, I enjoy being that way.

Not long ago my interests took a turn, my passion for the sea and for living experiences on board intensified until I decided to take the STCW in November 2020 and obtain my ENG1 to have the possibility of working on a boat and living with everything. that that entails. My main intention is to live a wonderful experience, the sea fascinates me and I want to learn everything about navigation and life on board sharing with the crew. In the near future I want to dedicate myself professionally, and I am sure that I can help you with many of your jobs on the ship.
Right now I am attached to a captain who sails through southern Spain until early December.

I love sunsets, but much more to get up early to live the sunrises, I am an early riser and active. I also love sharing experiences, talks and enjoying every moment even if it is a challenge.

Also being in physical, mental and emotional shape is a daily work in my life, I love it and I want to feel strong and healthy.
I can send you photos of me and continue to tell you much more if you wish.
+34 677163189 (prefer)

Cheers,
Jimena
Jimena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aries, Canaries, Caribbean, crew, rib