Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2017, 07:58   #16

Boat: Custom 55
Re: Looking for crew - Barra de Navidad, Mexico to Panama (or further)

I think that suggesting that the owner of a boat that you're trying to get on as a crewmember is a fraud or otherwise full of crap is probably not the best way to work your way to the top of his list.

Just sayin'- If I got a message like that from somebody, they would certainly not be joining me on board.
TJ D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 08:00   #17

Boat: Nauticat 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ D View Post
I think that suggesting that the owner of a boat that you're trying to get on as a crewmember is a fraud or otherwise full of crap is probably not the best way to work your way to the top of his list.

Just sayin'- If I got a message like that from somebody, they would certainly not be joining me on board.

Those were kind of my thoughts as well.
Raven Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 08:22   #18

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ D View Post

I agree. I don't detect anything on the BS Meter. Sounds like a very generous Captain looking for a good crew. Good Luck.
Old 15-01-2017, 08:38   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by category4jay View Post
I agree. I don't detect anything on the BS Meter. Sounds like a very generous Captain looking for a good crew. Good Luck.

Thanks.
Old 15-01-2017, 12:29   #20

Boat: 36ft classic timber sloop.

Dear Raven Odessey. I do trust that you are genuine and well intentioned. Please pardon me for my direct question. I wish you well for your family situation. I understand these things myself and I respect your privacy. Please be in touch when you wish to make voyage plans. Best wishes. A.
Old 15-01-2017, 18:59   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Odyssey View Post
Reiner, what is your email address?
Hi raven odyssey this is reiner again, my e mail address is ruglyckherr@shaw.ca thanks, looking foreward to hear from you
mercedes49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 09:53   #22

Hello, When you get back on the water let me know. I'm an experienced sailor learning more about sailing every time I'm on a boat. I'm in Fort Lauderdale passing the winter months by and could use a new adventure.

Eileen Finegan. eileen.finegan73@gmail.com 484-925-4988
Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:19   #23

Whats up guys!!

My name is Kolin, and I am your guy! I have a deep passion for saltwater, diving, sailing and good times! Currently I have a very open schedule until the next ice age. I am 27 years old engineer, I grew up diving on the island of Trinidad and Tobago and I think you all would have a heck of a time with me on board! Please reach out to me my email is steadyclimber06@yahoo.com
phone: 2102677431
If yes I can book a ticket and be at your beckoning within a couple of days
See YA!
Kolin Cunningham
ktcunningham6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:10   #24
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Kolin.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:58   #25
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

raven oddessy have you tried the morning net on vhf channel 22 in the morning?? if jake on jake is there the time will be 0900, without jake it was 0800.
should have a variety of interesting individuals to sort thru with that, at this time of high season.
best of luck in your search.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
raven oddessy have you tried the morning net on vhf channel 22 in the morning?? if jake on jake is there the time will be 0900, without jake it was 0800.
should have a variety of interesting individuals to sort thru with that, at this time of high season.
best of luck in your search.

Thanks! We have received great response on this post. If no one that has contacted us can make it, we will definitely check the morning net once we get to Bara.
Old 27-02-2017, 10:57   #27

Hello!
My name is Emily, I am in Panama and seeking a boat heading to Australia or New Zealand. I have four years sailing experience. I am 25, female. Are there other females on this trip and are you still looking for crew. I cant send a private message because Im a new member.
At the least I can help transit the canal as a line handler, let me know!
Emily
mlelynn@aol.com
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 14:34   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Odyssey View Post
Hello. Our timeline is not fully developed yet, but we will be looking for one additional crew member toward the end of February. We have no preference to male or female, and age (within reason, at both spectrums) is not real important either.

Our itinerary will definitely be cruising based, not delivery based, so the ideal person would be someone without a real schedule. The boat is a well-equipped and well-maintained 52' ketch. All necessary safety items are in place, i.e. Flares, EPIRB, Offshore Liferaft, SatCom, Submersion Suits (I know, right?), etc. We also have some niceties such as icemaker, paddleboards, snorkel gear, hookah (SCUBA, silly), fishing gear, watermaker, washer/dryer, BBQ, etc. We carry 500 gallons of water, and 500 gallons of fuel - so we don't typically bob around when there's no wind, and you'll never get scolded for a long shower...haha.

This is a volunteer position but all food and drink (within reason) will be paid. We will also pay return airfare from a major international airport to another major international airport. The only expenses you would be responsible for are travel to the boat and any personal expenses or souvenirs.

We plan on a mixture of anchoring and marina stays, and we are flexible in regards to how much time is spent at any given spot - so if you love it, and we love it, we might stay a little while.

Light drinking onboard (not on watch, obviously) and smoking outdoors are fine, but no drugs - sorry not even MJ, too risky for legal reasons.

Experience is not as important as attitude, but at least a little exposure to sailing would be great. This is not a difficult passage, so we are not expecting much more out of someone other than standing a watch and having a fun time.

If interested, please contact via PM for more information.
I am 48 yr old male, non smoker/drugs, with over 20 yrs sailing experience, I have owned and lived on many of my boats...I can pay my way there and contribute to sailing expences
lookingsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 05:02   #29

Hello Raven Odyssey!

Just throwing out a line, I'm available come July-October 2017. If you need crew in the future please keep me in mind. It's the off season here in Florida, so I'm able to up and leave. I'm pretty laid back person, my main concern is safety and ya'll seem to be doing it right. I'm used to living in small spaces as I have traveled by van for years. (Many moons ago) I've been learning the ropes of sailing and loving every moment of it! PM me a message and stay in touch

Fair winds~
Angela
_GypsySoul_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, Mexico, Panama