Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2017, 18:06   #1

Boat: Neel 50
Looking for amateur crew/video maker-editor.

WANTED - A new member of our sailing family / photo-video editor to share and help document sailing adventures aboard our fast and comfortable sailing trimaran “Poly”.
In one extraordinary person we are looking for a partner in exploring the World by sea, while creating a video blog promoting our alternative way of life and all the adventures that come with it. If you’ve had enough of mainstream life, always wanted to sail away permanently, have some creative experience in photo and video production this may be of interest for you. We obviously would like to share this limited personal space and unlimited unique experiences with an unattached to land life person that is: fluent in English, energetic, honest, straight-forward, open minded, enthusiastic, smiling, resourceful, creative, and flexible, loves adventure, exploring new places and meeting new people, at the same time has no problem sharing all the daily house/boat chores; preferably has some experience in sailing, plays some instrument, speaks some Spanish and/or French. If you happen to be into meditation, yoga, vegetarian food all the better. If know how to or want to learn windsurfing, kitesurfing, diving, playing didgeridoo or tank drum or do some other crazy things, … well, even better.
We’d like someone who can commit for at least 6 months for as long as we all feel very happy with each other.
We are crazy enough family to have broken with typical lifestyle and have been sailing around the Atlantic for the last two years with 2 little kids. We are originally Polish, but speak fluent English and some Spanish and German. We have extensive offshore experience cruising both sides and across the Atlantic. We have technical and creative experience and necessary photo and video equipment. Personally we are a mirror of what we expect of you (see above). Our facebook page "sailoceans" or website with the same name and dot com at the end should give you a good idea about us.
We are now in Dominican Republic and we’ll spend the Winter cruising the Caribbean. Most likely Summer 2018 in the Mediterranean. We cover all of transportation and living costs aboard. Anything else is subject to agreement between us.
Please reply with as much detail about yourself as possible including history, experiences, current engagements, expectations, etc. Please include any personal or created by you facebook, instagram, webpage, blog, vlog, photo gallery, etc.
Thank you all for interest and replies. Replies directly to our spcial purpose email team at sailoceans dot com. All the best.
Looking forward to sailing with you!

Ania, Bartek, Kuba, Julian and Agata
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my2016.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	146439  
photoloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 14:23   #2

Re: Looking for amateur crew/video maker-editor.

I am very interested in this position. I have experience sailing on a 63ft trimaran for nearly a year, and a degree in Broadcasting Communications. I currently live in the Virgin Islands and would love to speak with you further about this position.
Jen
jenSails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 08:19   #3

Boat: Neel 50

Thank you for the reply. We haven't received an email with full info from you. Please try again. Thanks. Cheers.
photoloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 02:58   #4

Hello, I was wondering if you have filled this position? I would like to respond.
cathydonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 17:43   #5

Well, this sounds like me.... Can't commit to long-term (I work freelance on yachts) but happy to fill gaps! I'm an amateur photographer/videographer (but with a full photography/video resume) with years of photo editing experience and I am an influencer/blogger (www.TheSirensLog.com) and also a singer-songwriter (Siren Williams). Into yoga, meditation, art, and traveling and adventure are my passions, aside of surfing. Professional surf instructor for over ten years also. I work as a deckhand/stewardess in the yachting industry. Some sailing experience, but lots of live-aboard experience on sailboats and power boats. I'm a brand ambassador for Sperry, and they'd be wanting me to do as much documentation as possible, so.... let me know if you need a guest to pitch in for a few weeks or a month!
SirenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew