Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2022, 17:58   #1

Looking for a boat with skipper for sail in the Caribbeans

I am trying to to organize a sailing trip in the Caribbeans, but rather than a one island trip (like I have done already in the BVIs a few times with Sunsail) I’d like to touch 2 or 3 islands sailing from island to island. For instance sail out of the BVI to St Maarten. Preferably I’d like to find a skipper with a boat willing to take us aboard (my son and I, we aren't salty dogs but we know our way around a boat) for a couple of weeks
Any help, suggestions or pointers appreciated, thank you in advance
Alex
rosadeiventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:55   #2

Boat: ChrisCraft,Connie,37ft
Re: Looking for a boat with skipper for sail in the Caribbeans

Have you looked at https://www.moorings.com/brochure or this page; https://virginislandsailing.com/part...orderby=length

I would have to take a leave of absence from work and plane fare, say about $1200 reimbursement to make the trip but I have sailed those waters before.
Just a suggestion; but the Bahamas has so much more to offer than most people see port hopping bars and shopping centers. There are dozens of fantastic snorkeling spots that are 5-6 hours from safe anchorages in the middle of nowhere. One that is miles wide and if the weather is good can be anchored at for days. I am comfortable crossing the stream overnight by myself. Done it about 100 times. West end, Bimini, Cat/Gunn Cay, Walkers, and Freeport/Lucaya.
PM me after checking my profile if you are interested or just want to know more about options in the carib.

Tags
boat, Caribbean, rib, sail, skipper