Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2020, 16:19   #1

Live on a Sailboat free for a woman - Work Trade

Looking for someone to laugh it up with, that's easy going, not materialistic, and non judgemental. Companionship and good times on land and sea is what I'm offering a discriminating woman. A sailing mate, fishing, diving, kite surfing, surfing, sunsets on the water. My issue is that the women I date like the creature comforts of home and don't really want adventure. I've learned not to date women in marinas because most are boat hoppers, said humbly but with experience. I'm offering a partnership in my boat to a strong woman 30-50 years old, who wants to break away from a routine mundane life, for a life of living on the edge and feeling alive every day. Your contribution would be to share work on maintaining the boat, help in cooking, cleaning, sailing, 1st mate, navigation, etc. I would add you to the title if things work out well and you put in a good contribution. The boat is a 1980 Allman 31, and is insured, so you're covered for medical emergencies. I have a sailing dinghy, inflatable, and kayak. I like to have multiple crafts if a ditch were necessary.

The reward is great: companionship in the sailing community, a secure and pretty inexpensive home to live on an ongoing basis. We would be sailing for the Caribbean toward the end of the year and likely be returning to Florida 4 to 6 months later. There is a possibility I may head for Costa Rica after PR. This is dependent on the political situation due to Covid policies. My current plan is to stay in Puerto Rico for 3 months at least. I'm testing at the Coast Guard there to get my captains license.

Only those fit in mind and body, who really love the ocean should respond. The time has come to take action. There is a lot of political change coming in many countries and I'm not real interested in conforming to being an automaton at the mercy of governments. I'm not the pirate type, but I intend to make the best of it and live a life of choice. I won't be taking a a vaccination with an implant issued by the Bill Gates foundation. This is the option that sailors have that others don't, being that we're not told what to do everywhere we go. The current political climate is driving toward a totalitarian state in the U.S. If you're skeptical get back to me when it becomes obvious to you that economic and political havoc is everywhere around us. There's a bright side to all of this, and life will be better for those in communities that have prepared, like the sailing world has always done. There will be three of us traveling together. An attorney friend who is of Puerto Rican decent is sailing down with us to visit family, then returning to Miami by plane (he's an attorney, but hates his profession, so he's not your typical Liar. In fact he's as humble as they come. He is though, one of the best spear fishermen in the South Florida Freedivers Club, and a very kind and fantastic company to be around).
I'm 55, fit, and very healthy of mind and body. We eat healthy. This isn't a booze cruise, we do drink, but never when under way and not excessively. Anyone interested must have these requirements. You don't need a job, just contribute to the effort. Jobs can be found in the sailing world. If you think that living on the ocean is an easy ride, please don't respond. It takes work, like any home ownership. You don't have to know boating, just be eager, open minded, and willing to learn. I included a photo of the boat at my dock, but it won't post. I've made the pixel size as small as Cruiser Forum requires, and still no deal. I'll have to connect with CF tech help and get that sorted out. You can live at my house if needed for a few months before we plan to set sail. My friend knows the island well and his family would host us when we arrive. A passport is required to travel to other island countries in the Caribbean when we depart Puerto Rico for short trips to other islands. There are 2 private state rooms on the boat, so privacy is assured. I'm happy to provide personal references if you'd like. I speak Spanish and was born in Panama, so I can navigate Latin countries with ease. Puerto Rico is bilingual and so are many other Caribbean islands.

When you respond I'd like a photo to see that you are fit, tell me briefly about yourself, and what goals you have, what you would like to get from the arrangement that I'm offering. It doesn't need to be long. I can email photos of myself if I can't get some posted pronto on this site.

I just pulled the boat out of a yard for a refit and painting. I'm still outfitting the boat on my dock with a bimini top, more solar panels, kitchen remodel, and interior finishing. I could use help. Come out and enjoy living on the water with me.

Calm seas, fair winds, and safe harbor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Allman 10.01.20.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	225798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jupiter blow hole small pixel 11.2019.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	225799  

PanamaJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:11   #2

Re: Live on a Sailboat free for a woman - Work Trade

Hi PJ, Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. First of all, if you do get some hoppers on your boat, just pull their legs off and they will stop hopping. Of course if you do that, they can't get off the boat. Also I have a friend/aquaintance/met in a bar.... that may be interested in your offer. I showed Jimmy your picture and they said ,"WOW! I'm ready except for a new string bikini ! I told Jimmy to contact you directly. Just to give you heads up, Jimmy identifies as a girl, so there's that. Hope that doesn't throw a nut into the mix. Jimmy can cook, clean, knows engines and some sailing experience. Ya'll sound like a match. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:15   #3

Boat: Jeanneau SO409

Great post! Hope you find someone... always fun to share the adventures with someone
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 10:11   #4

Boat: Beebe Passagemaker 50'

Sounds like you have a live one on the hook!
BlueH2Obound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 23:19   #5

Hi!
It is a pleasure to have read your profile and to have the possibility to write to you. Sorry, I did not know that it was only possible to write in English, I do not know much about this page.

First of all I want to explain a little about myself and my intentions.
I am Argentine, I am 29 years old, I came with my family to live in Spain when I was a 2 year old girl, I grew up in a large family of 5 more siblings, all wonderful, we always live in nature surrounded by animals.
My professional career to this day has always been focused on helping people who need it most, empowering them and showing them their potential. Fascinates me.
I have always studied related things and have worked with people with mental disabilities, young foreigners, children etc, but also when I needed it, I did not mind dedicating myself to what was available at that time, such as working in a car wash or waitress.

I consider myself a hard-working, disciplined person who does not give up easily when it comes to achieving my goals. Also sociable, friendly, helpful and most importantly, I enjoy being that way.

Not long ago my interests took a turn, my passion for the sea and for living experiences on board intensified until I decided to take the STCW in November 2020 and get my ENG1 to have the possibility of working on a boat and living with everything. that that entails. My main intention is to live a wonderful experience, the sea fascinates me and I want to learn everything about navigation and life on board by sharing with the crew. In the near future I want to dedicate myself professionally, and I am sure I can help you with many of your jobs on the ship.
Right now I am attached to a captain who sails through southern Spain until early December.

I love sunsets, but much more to get up early to live the sunrises, I am an early riser and active. I also love sharing experiences, talks and enjoying every moment even if it is a challenge.

Also being in physical, mental and emotional shape is a daily work in my life, I love it and I want to feel strong and healthy.
I can send you photos of me and continue to tell you much more if you wish.
+34 677163189 or jimenameinert@gmail.com

Health,
Jimena
Jimena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 00:19   #6

Boat: Hanse 430e

4 responses and over 1400 views. Now its about to blow up.
Dogscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 01:48   #7

If you are an American Puerto Rico is fine if not you need a B1/B2 visa which you get at an American embassy.
Michael Cobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 04:18   #8
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Do women actually respond to this type of solicitation , I’ve clearly missed something
Old 22-11-2020, 04:45   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Do women actually respond to this type of solicitation , I’ve clearly missed something
Any idea what a "boat hopper" is? I've lived aboard on and off for 20 years and it doesn't ring a bell. Guess I've missed something too. Of course, I'm the guy who was woken up at 2 am by a woman banging on my boat. I finally got up and let her out

Peter
mvweebles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 05:16   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvweebles View Post
Any idea what a "boat hopper" is? I've lived aboard on and off for 20 years and it doesn't ring a bell. Guess I've missed something too. Of course, I'm the guy who was woken up at 2 am by a woman banging on my boat. I finally got up and let her out
Ridiculous!!!

The assertion is that either there are ladies hanging around the marina like a bunch of prostitutes at a truck stop waiting to hook up with some eligible bachelor with a boat.

Otherwise the assertion is there are ladies living with an eligible bachelor waiting for the chance to cheat with another eligible bachelor with the hopes to leave their current boyfriend and start living with his neighbor.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 05:34   #11

Boat: Westerly Oceanlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvweebles View Post
Any idea what a "boat hopper" is?
Could it be someone who joins a boat and then gets the heck off when they realise that they have serious concerns about the skipper?
muttnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 06:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
Ridiculous!!!

The assertion is that either there are ladies hanging around the marina like a bunch of prostitutes at a truck stop waiting to hook up with some eligible bachelor with a boat.

Otherwise the assertion is there are ladies living with an eligible bachelor waiting for the chance to cheat with another eligible bachelor with the hopes to leave their current boyfriend and start living with his neighbor.
Right??!!??? The marinas I've been in seemed to have liveaboards who mostly wore Greek fishermen's hats. And then there their husbands....
mvweebles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 07:02   #13

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Hey, it’s free to ask and he seems to have laid out transparently his desires and observations. There may not be a big audience here, but no harm in trying.

Found my wife on a dating website. We had come so close to crossing paths in the past but never had. So it was fortunate. That her photos showed her boats was a real good start. You know, like “send photo of boat and motor.” Now we have a friggin small boat fleet.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 06:08   #14

Boat: crawling back aboard: getting over long vax/covid!

am not postulating as crew...

but, as you do seem quite sincere and forthright, i would like to make a suggestion, and that is to also give an idea of your intellectual level.

this is tough, yes, because being a curious person and a thinker does not always have a whole lot to do with one's levels of studies and degrees and such. to compound this, beyond fifty is when life's lessons start turning into wisdom as well. and to make this ask even tougher, most people have a hard time sizing up their own level unless/until it is relative to another person ...

yes, it is a tough one.

but i do have a reason for jumping in with this: for an educated female, the last thing she wants to do is find out a bit too far along that the guy doesn't believe we landed on the moon or something of the like.

you get my point.

in any case, good luck finding a fantastic gal!
wolfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 14:48   #15

Boat: 46 ft cutter

The OP believes the Bill Gates Foundation inoculates people with RFID identification chips. Or maybe cyborg control chips.
That whole moon landing thing with computer memory measured in the Kbyte and rockets courtesy of the V-2 program might be suspect to anti-vaxxers.
PirateGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, sail, sailboat, trade, work