Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2019, 03:03   #1

Hi from "Down Under"....we are hoping to crew next May 2020.

Hi from "Down Under"....we are hoping to crew next May 2020,

We are a happily married and adventurous retired couple from Busselton, West Australia.

We are hoping to gain some Great Loop exposure starting around May 2020. My initial thinking was to buy a 30-40' diesel powered Motor sailer/yacht/trawler and do it ourselves. My more pragmatic partner (wife) suggested maybe we try and crew for a boat doing part of the Loop.

We have been to the US many times and have previously purchased a Motorhome/RV in Florida and driven that to many many National Parks throughout the US and Canada, That was the trip of a lifetime and I'm hoping to do similar but by boat this time. The RV experience proved to be easy to arrange, comfortable and easy to sell at the end.

This time, if we can crew it would be a good warm up for doing it ourselves. We are hoping to do the Loop in sections during our Aussie Winters (May/Jun/July/Aug). Probably taking a few years to complete the Loop.

We have had considerable boating experience (small boats < 30'), mainly power boats but have had quite a bit of sailing experience too (Offshore cruising and Club racing). My hobby is racing old sports cars so mechanically inclined and able to service and maintain my own boats.

If anyone is thinking of doing the Loop but would like a couple of contributing passengers to help with boat handling, maintenance, provisioning, galley duties etc and can cope with a couple of fun loving and adventurous Aussies that are fit (but in their late 60's)...then we would love to hear from you.

We are both retired and very flexible with start and end dates. We can only be away from home for a max of most likely 4 months...hard to get Visas for much longer and we will miss our family!! We would hope to be able to reciprocate by offering accommodation and friendship if our hosts would like to come back to Australia and see our wonderful country.

Please contact us to discuss further. Hope we will get to hear from you soon!!

Our email address is davidandvarley@hotmail.com, my Australian mobile is 61 400774936. We have references and Australian Police Clearances.

Thanks for reading all of this, if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers from Busselton
David.
DavidandVarley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew