Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2018, 00:34   #1

Handyman seeking berth for the next 5-8 weeks, will pay my own way

Hi there, thanks for stopping by.

I am looking for a home for the next 1.5 months or so. My son is at his Grandma's house for the summer and I would like to take advantage of the time to log some more miles.

I am seeking an offshore passage from anywhere to anywhere, preferably the stay on your vessel would be more than 5 weeks. I am currently located in Shanghai but would travel to just about anywhere as long as your itinerary matches mine. I need to be back in Shanghai by Sept 1, 2018 and I can leave tomorrow.

I have an ASA 101 cert and I am very interested in getting more miles under my belt so that I can take the ASA 103 this fall. I have a few weeks of sailing experience but nothing too serious.

I am 44 yrs old and have an engineering/build anything/fix anything/jury rig anything background. I am handy with just about all building materials, electrical systems, and mechanical systems, but am a master of none. I am a neat and tidy person, yet not OCD/anal retentive.

I love to cook for people (typically bold tasting IE spicy dishes) and would not mind cooking daily for you and crew if needed. I think that I am equipped with sense of empathy/self-empathy needed for easy going conversations and peaceful coexistence. I have been an expat for the last 16 years, so I think I am compatible with just about anyone that is not an *******.

I don't expect any free rides and I am willing to pay my own share for food, marina/moorage fees, check in fees, etc. But I don't want a "pay for the privilege of being on my boat fee". I will contribute in every way that is needed without complaint and will do my best to not disappoint.

Mostly looking for someone that is like minded to spend cramped up in a hull with for the next couple months. Hopefully you are that salty experienced sailor that would not mind teaching and guiding a less salty sailor as myself. If that sounds groovy then send me a PM and let's organize a time to chat.

BTW, I have an American Passport for what that is worth....
wanderer88 is offline   Reply With Quote