Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2016, 16:50   #16

pirate Re: Fort Pierce to Abaco Island

Hello from Fort Lauderdale. Im in Florida escaping the winter months. I just finished 3 certifications at water sailing">Blue Water sailing school and would like to be on a boat. I sailed around around the Abaco Islands before. I was on Erin Song during the Abaco Regetta 2011 and we placed 2nd. I sometimes make short films of my sailing adventures. I really like the Bahamas. let me know. very interested! Eileen
Attached Files
Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 17:57   #17

Re: Fort Pierce to Abaco Island

I am brand new to sailing/yachts and am looking for any position aboard to start learning. I had intended on a 3 month sail (Bahamas-BVI's) with a friend aboard his boat but after 2 weeks cohabitation, we discovered that good friends on land don't always make for good sailing companions. I'm off his boat now and staying in Pompano Beach, determined to learn to sail and travel for 3months minimum (could extend for the right situation). I also plan to have my PADI open-water by Feb.

I have a US Passport and clean driver's license valid til 2018, non-smoker, no criminal background, no tattoos. I’m quite capable of cooking (gluten free/healthy for me but can cook whatever you like), cleaning and learning whatever below decks maintenance may be needed.

I'm on sabbatical from teaching yoga. Prior to that, I've been a Regional Developer/Franchise Owner for fitness studios in 2 states and the owner/operator for administrative services consulting business. I'm a quick study and have a sincere desire to immerse myself in the sailing/yacht world!
Arlee2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 21:00   #18

Hi, I'm in Fort Lauderdale and would be available to help sail to the Abaco's. I never sailed there before but I have sailed around the Abaco Sea many of times. It's beautiful there! There's lots of coral to see! I have some experience sailing. I just received 3 certifications at Blue Water sailing school.
Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2016, 17:38   #19

Is there costs involved? This sounds exciting
Waterbaby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:53   #20

Boat: MacGregor 25 & Lagoon 42

Happy New Year!

PM Sent!

-Peter
Timethief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 20:04   #21

Hi,
I would love to take part in this opportunity. I'm 30, very physically fit, and an experienced small boat sailor. My large boat experience is more limited, but I have a coastal cruising certification through the ASA. I'm free the beginning of Feb through early March.

Please send me a message or connect with me with at dms866 on skype if you're still in need, even as the date of departure approaches.

Thanks,
Mike
MSMOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:24   #22

I am interested in sailing with you. please see my Bio. If you cannot open it, feel free to email me at conchaway3@Hughes.net
conchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 12:33   #23

I have sent a personal message.

Best,
Ed thompson
ETpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 05:35   #24

Good morning. Thanks for trying to send a PM. However, it either did not work or I am having "cockpit trouble". Please resend, or, better yet, send an email to conchaway3@hughes.net. Thanks
conchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 09:44   #25

Boat: Jensen, Cal 25, Tayana 37

I'm very interested! I have just shipped my Cal 25 from Newport Beach, Ca and it is currently being prepared for whatever is next at Royale palm Marina in Dania. I've learned very quickly that the east coast is NOT the west coast! Eventually I will be making the crossing but a dry run with an experienced skipper with local knowledge seems like a very practical thing to do!
nnb4oc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 04:12   #26

Boat: Endeavour 42

PM sent. I'm interested!
AnnOMalleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 17:04   #27

Hello Cap'n. This probably reached you to late. I am an experienced sailor who lives on Merritt Island, FL. I have been sailing probaly a god 30 years in Chesapeake and now ICW and near shore Cape Canaveral. I have been considering taking my Colombia 29 to Abacos in a year or two. Its a dream of mine. It would be great to experience the sail with someone who has done it before. I have run a fishing boat across before from Ft. Lauderdale to West End, across the bank to Walkers Cay. I am retired now and time isn't much of a problem. I am 59, good health, knowledgeable. Give me a call or message me. If not now, maybe another time. If I missed you, have a safe passage - there are big winds in February/March around here.

Mike (321) 543-8144
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abaco