Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2023, 15:17   #16

Re: Florida-Caribbean-Azores-Europe 2023

Hello, I hope you are well!

My name is Marie, I am 19 years old and I want to sail a transatlantic race in June with my father, ideally starting from North America. Passionate about sailing and adventure and very determined, we would like to meet the need of someone who wants to cross a boat. We therefore propose our "candidacies" to be part of a crew and realize this project.

Briefly, my father and I, along with the rest of our family, have done two sailing trips (2010-2011, USA and Bahamas, 7 months | 2017-2018, USA and Bahamas, 11 months). We spent the majority of our summers sailing on Lake Champlain.
Personally, I am a National Lifeguard by training, a beneficiary volunteer and currently in my second year of nursing school.

My father has spent a good part of his life on and in the water as a scuba diver. He is a contractor, a ski patroller, a lifeguard, and so on.

We have a combined total of almost 40 years of sailing. Our experience, our knowledge and our desire for adventure are an added value on board a sailboat. You can consult our marine resumes below (web links) for more details (you will notice that my father's is a bit more complete, at 61 years old��).

Please don't hesitate to contact us and give us advice or references, we will only benefit and be grateful for these exchanges!
Hoping to potentially meet on board together

Yves and Marie ����*♀️������

Yves Richer
514-772-3515
yricher4@gmail.com
file:///C:/Users/Marie/Desktop/Transatlantique/CV%20marin%20Yves.pdf

Marie Richer-Simard
438-378-1815
marierichersimard@gmail.com
Marie Richer-S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 20:09   #17

Boat: None at this time

Hello again. April is coming up quick. How is the outlook for the trip? I failed to mention I hold a 25T Masters license. I'm the guy who actually shows up. Mike C. Email chriscraftmike@gmail.com
Captain Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:34   #18

Sent a DM
sailingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 15:03   #19

Hi! Did you write to my dad, because I didn't receive a message...
Marie
Marie Richer-S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 11:32   #20

Oh wow, the passage to Azores sounds amazing for me. I am 20 years old; most of the qualities you mentioned are definitely fit me. (Hippie, brave, flexible, travel very light, fine with clothes, like to cook, not afraid of challenge). I have a deep love for nature and adventure. You sound like someone I would love to get to know and learn from. I don't have sailing experience yet but I've always wanted to learn and would absolutely LOVE to do the night watches! Please dm me to talk more.
Emje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2023, 17:56   #21

Boat: not sure yet but I know she's waiting for me ;-)

Is she out and kitting out for the crossing? I sent a PM and would love to fill some dreams.
Cheers,
c
pilatesonboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 11:50   #22

Hey! Reading through this thread, your plans sound amazing. Wondering if this panned out for you, or if you have any desire for a future trip along a similar path taking place over the winter months. Would love to be involved. Feel free to reach out via email, jennycosgrove28@gmail.com.
Jennycosgrove28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 11:58   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emje View Post
Oh wow, the passage to Azores sounds amazing for me. I am 20 years old; most of the qualities you mentioned are definitely fit me. (Hippie, brave, flexible, travel very light, fine with clothes, like to cook, not afraid of challenge). I have a deep love for nature and adventure. You sound like someone I would love to get to know and learn from. I don't have sailing experience yet but I've always wanted to learn and would absolutely LOVE to do the night watches! Please dm me to talk more.
I’m in a similar position, would love to connect with you both!
Jennycosgrove28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Azores, Caribbean, Europe, florida, rib, rope