Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2022, 17:25   #1

Florida/Bahamas/Caribbean/Mexico? Experienced and ready 2go

Hey Captains, I'm Ben, mid 50s, single and very active, and I have been sailing for six years. I'm dedicated, have all my ASA certifications, PADI card, and I charter boats frequently around Los Angeles where I live. I've also done a bunch of longer passages, in the Caribbean as well as the Gulf, on larger Monos and Cats.

I worked in the Entertainment industry most of my career (I created Final Draft, the screenwriting software everyone uses) and these days I work some, play some, so I have some time to hit the water in search of both experience and adventure.

Should be noted, other than practial sailing experience, I also have other critical sailing skills down pat, though, such as mixing up a dry rub for a steak dinner or knowing where the cold beer is once we're docked! Dare I say Rum drinks?

If I might be a fit in your cruising crew needs, shoot me a message and we can chat about sailing plans and locations and all that. Right now I am trying to sort out what to do with February and March, work or play, and play seems like the smarter move.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter 220.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	251957  
SocalBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 19:29   #2

Boat: Land bound, previously Morgan 462
Re: Florida/Bahamas/Caribbean/Mexico? Experienced and ready 2go

Interested in short passage Isla Mujeres to Key West on slow but comfy Morgan 46? Next week only. Wife can’t be with me this time, looking for one crew.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:26   #3

Waterman, I did the opposite journey this past Summer, Marathon to Isla Mujeres, on a Moody 47. Crossing the Gulf Stream twice was a rough ride, we headed mainly South to the Cuban coast, hugged it and the crossed again over to where you are.

Your trip is probably too short to be worth the time and bucks to fly down there then back to LA from Florida, but I have to say I do love Isla Mujeres, I stayed there for a week after the trip and really enjoyed it, both the food and renting a moped and even the crazy tourist beach.

Ben
Old 14-02-2022, 20:07   #4

Hey Ben
I’m in process of buying a boat in the Virgin Isles. Plan is to use a few times in the area for a few months and then sail back to Florida. Tentative plan is to leave the islands around early July to get out of there before hurricane season in full swing.

Route on Cmaps I’ve come up with is USVI to north coast of Puerto Rico, then cross Mona passage along north shore of D.R. Until turning more NW towards Turks and Bahamas.

Wife probably not up for the trip so looking at options. I may break it up in stages, get to PR, then head for Bahamas later.

Thanks

Rick
Mtbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 22:48   #5

Boat: C7C Landfall 48

Would you be interested in sailing from Raiatea, French Polynesia to Hawaii departing about May 10
wheumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:55   #6

Boat: Hunter 37

I'm going towards Mexico from Florida.
If you interested let me know.
jgalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:59   #7

Boat: Pearson 367

Hi Ben, I know you're post is a little old but I'm looking for crew in the Bahamas. Due to a family emergency my current crew has to leave. Boat is a Pearson 367. I will be cruising the Bahamas for the next couple months before heading back to the US. Shared costs for food and fuel. I take care of boat maintenance costs. Shoot me a message if your interested. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:05   #8

Hey folks, thanks for the replies, I haven't logged in lately and missed a bunch of them, was not for lack of interest.

My current timeline is late April or beginning of May, heading to New York the weekend of April 16th for family get together and then considering what to do.

So, immediate trips I cannot make but would definitely consider anything that comes up at the end of the month.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:07   #9

Rick, send me a PM and let me know more about the boat and the plan, currently my timeline is pushed back to the end of April, but I am definitely thinking about what to do then.

Tags
Bahamas, Caribbean, enc, florida, Mexico, rib